Chapter 1- Secrets

Fulfil my wish

Haesung hospital

"Mo Yeon the results are back, don't you want to tell Att. Yoo about it? After all he has the right to know about your condition Dr. Pyo had a concerned and worried look on her face but Kang Mo Yeon did not respond, she took the envelope and left Dr.Pyo's office.

She drove straight home after leaving Dr. Pyo's office. As she walked up the steps to the house, she felt that her world was spinning in grey and yellow patches. She tried to grab hold of the railings but failed to as she was slipping away, only to be caught by Shi Jin whom ran up to her after parking his car.

He did not hesitate to lift her up in bridal style, as she looked pale and weak. For two months, they hardly contact each other due to work commitments that kept them apart most of the times as Shi Jin was the boss of a few attorney firms across Asia. 

They were the perfect couple in terms of career as they both belong to professional jobs. Loving and inseparable in the eyes of others. Mo Yeon thought that she was the happiest and luckiest woman to marry Yoo Shi Jin , the handsome bachelor whom is an attorney.

In her weak state, she voiced out to Shi Jin "I sent the papers to the office in Japan. Did you received it?" Thereafter she collapsed in his arms as her vision slowly fades into darkness." Kang Mo Yeon!"

Haesung Hospital Ward

His mind drifted back to the day when to the courier that was delivered to him. He thought that it was the gift that he ordered for Mo Yeon but only to realise that the box contained a wedding ring that was too familiar to him and a set of documents titled divorce.

"Att. Yoo" Dr.Pyo called out to him after coming out from Kang Mo Yeon's ward. "Dr. Pyo, how's she?" a worried Shi Jin asked. "Att. Yoo , she's fine for now. You know that she's three months pregnant right?" Shi Jin nodded his head, he knew it a day before he left for his overseas trip. "Att. Yoo but do you know that Mo Yeon had a head injury sustained from a car accident?" She stopped her medication for the welfare of the baby" Shi Jin knew that Mo Yeon has constant headaches which she brushes off as work related stress but a head injury sustained from a car accident?!

Flashback honeymoon 

Winter,France

"Ya! Stop teasing me Yoo Shi Jin! Otherwise I will go drinking with Yoon Gi!" "Don't let me catch you! If not you are going to get it from me " Shi Jin always had a jealous fit upon hearing Min Yoon Gi's name,the senior that Mo Yeon had a crush on in University. She started running  to avoid his catch, as she ran she felt that her head was hurting like crazy. She stopped on her track and dropped to a half kneel while trying to rummage through the contents of her bag in search for her medication. Shi Jin thought that she was trying to take a break from the catching, but became concerned when he saw that she was frantically searching for something. He started running towards her however he tripped onto a pill box which Mo Yeon dropped while avoiding his catch as she did not latch the cover of her bag properly. He picked up and continued running towards the direction where Mo Yeon was. "Mo Yeon, were you looking for this?" She grabbed it from his hand and started pouring the contents out from the pill box.

End of flashback 

"Att. Yoo, please help me knock some sense to her, we had change the medication to minimise the harmful effects ,it's for her own good and the baby's. I have to go back to the CT room, I will come by again later. Dr.Song and the gang will drop by later" He nodded in reply.

 Shi Jin entered the ward and sat down on the armchair that was place beside the bed, while Mo Yeon avoided looking at him by turning her head away.He felt guilty for not coming back earlier to clarify on her sudden decision. "Kang Mo Yeon, if you are divorcing me because of your health problems, i won't signed the papers" 

Mo Yeon started tearing up and explained her decision " After you left, I started having those headaches again, I thought it was the stress from work or the changes from being pregnant, I had a check up done. The report came back indicating that I had a blood clot that was pressing on my optical nerves. It means that in the event I don't get it remove, I will turn blind if I opt for an operation, there is a high chance of being a comatose person for life. I am a doctor but I can't save myself or the baby we will be having."

Will Att.Yoo grant the divorce after hearing Dr. Kang explanation