2:00 hours ; Mars Craters

Our Own Galaxy

“Astronaut Taecyeon!” I heard someone called my name.

“Yes?” I asked back not seeing the one calling me.

“I’m your new partner” holding out his hands for me to shake.

“Good lord, are you even old enough to be an astronaut?” I asked instead of shaking his delicate hand.

“I’m 29, sir” he answers in his small voice. “What?!” I gaped at the ‘young’ man in front of me. “Then, do not call me Sir. I’m only one year older than you” I continue my walking. “Bu.. but, you’re my superior” I stopped and turn. “Just call me Taec” he smiles his pearly white teeth. ‘How annoying, young looking and perfect white teeth’.

“What’s your name again?”

“It’s Wooyoung, sir. I mean, Taec.You.. you can call me Woo”

“Can I call you Young instead?”

“Erm, but.. nobody…”

“Well, I’m the only one that can calls you Young”

“Yes, ssi..Taec”

That’s how we met. We’re both astronauts that will fly with Orion Spacecraft. Our destination, Mars.

Although we’re partners, I’m older thus he listens to me more than the other astronauts. They call us Lovers. Since we were always together; be it training, simulations and lunches. He always follows me around. Like a cute puppy.

Don’t be fooled by his youthful looks and polite talks. He is quite stubborn. Always upholds his principles and virtues to no end. Very disciplined and a well-mannered man. Contrasts with me. I’m the rule breaker. I follows what I see right and believes in.

Hence, I may have broken the biggest rule. Do not have feelings for your astronaut partner. Our relationship should only be professional and platonic.

How could you not fall in love with him. He is so charming. I couldn’t resist him sometimes. Numerous times, I caught myself staring him too long or fantasizing capturing his pink lips.

I tried very hard covering my feelings for him. Being harsh, crude and treats him like a joke. In hope of pushing him away. There’s 4 more astronauts that should be travelling with us. I could not waste my work for a partner I have feelings with. I should stop harvesting my feelings.

I did not talk to him, look at him although it’s a vain or even be near him.

It broke my heart, when I see his sad eyes. He looks like a lost puppy that just got kicked out by the master. I think he understands, as he also stopped following me.

I thought I was safe. But to no avail, I just missed him more. How did this started? I don’t even remember.

Must be his pearly white teeth, or

His pink lips, or

His soft white skin, or

His delicate hands, or

His twinkling eyes, or

His velvety voice.

I could not take it anymore.

How I wish, it did not end that way. Why am I so stupid? Why can’t I just confess to him?

I break the rules. Why am I suddenly so afraid of it now?

What am I afraid of actually?

The rules.

or

him?

Here I am, floating. No directions, no aims and no one to talks with.

This is sad.

I’m going to record this as the saddest moment of my life.

It’s been 2 hours. My oxygen level is dropping.

The first thing that came to my mind since 2 hours ago is

Wooyoung.