chapter 1 - fate

With You

 

 

"Jongup! Are you up? You told me last night that you have morning class"

You twisted the door knob and pushed the door to see your brother laying on his back with his arms on his eyes blocking the sunray. Without you realized, your lips twitched.

You shook his shoulder lightly to wake him up. He just stirred around showing no sign to wake up.

“Jongup, don't make me ban you from meeting the kids or should I call Himchan and tell him that apparently you lose interest in dancing and decide to focus on your studies instead"

You ‘blackmailed’ him.

He woke up instantly while sitting on his bed. His hands were busy rubbing both of eyes before saying,

"Noona, I know you won't ever dare to do that because wasn’t I the only person you love on the universe?"

Jongup grinned showing his bunny tooth while folding his blanket.

"I like your confidence but Jongup you will be running late! I’ll do that" you said while taking the blanket from him.

After that, you grabbed his hand and pushed him so he was standing in front of bathroom before throwing his towel right at his face.

"Shower quickly, breakfast is ready. See you downstairs"

"Alright! Mom" he said before quickly closed the bathroom door.

You smiled warmly when he called me mom.

You have been playing roles as a mom, a father and a big sister since our parents left you and Jongup. Left this world forever.

 

Jongup is very obsess with dancing. Break dance, modern dance, b-boy you named it, he can do all of that. Himchan was like his big hyung or more like a boss for you, was kind enough offered your younger brother a job, at his father company which later you learnt it was an entertainment-based company that produce idols and singers. Himchan decided to recruit Jongup as the dance instructor, despite his young age after watched him danced with his friends at the nearest park in your neighborhood one year ago. Jongup refused at first, but Kim Himchan managed to change Jongup’s mind.

You obviously didn’t like the idea. For you, Jongup was still young to work and Himchan had to come to the flower shop to convince you with Jongup beside him with pledging look on his face .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No, I am not buying that Moon Jongup. You are a student, I am not letting you work. It is my responsibility to feed you" You spoke furiously while glancing at Himchan.

He smiled awkwardly at you and what you noticed was his never existence eyebrows. Still, he left good impression for the first meeting.

"Miss Jin Ah, look, i will never overwork a kid like him..."

"So you will overwork him when he's 25 something or when he was not a kid anymore?"

You retorted.

"Noona...I’m not a kid."

"That's why I have made a deal with him. He only needs to show up at our company at least 8 hours a week which I thought 2 hours per day is okay. I think the pay is reasonable too. You know, he is really good at dancing and it such a waste if he just dance at the park. At least he can get some money to support himself"

"Then, what it would makes me? His only family and sister, who couldn't even support his only brother?"

Himchan swallowed the lump in his throat, he never thought you were this fierce and scary.

“That wasn’t my….”

"Noona, I am not doing this for money. You provide more than enough. It's just I like the idea. I can gain experience while doing something I like, you know.... being with people who are more professional and...." You saw Jongup bite his lips then Himchan with his brows knitted together.

You took a deep breath, releasing the slight anger inside you. You were always this fierce when it comes to Jongup.

"Okay, fine, make sure you don't neglect your study and I will have your grades checked every semester. Okay? And, that doesn't mean you can give me excuses to not helping me with flowers"

Jongup and Himchan looked each other before a sound of joy filled in the air.

"Noona, I love you. Sure my study, our flower shop and you are my priority!" he almost screamed while hugging you tightly.

You patted his back with your left hand.

"Okay..okay. So I assumed everything is settled now?"

Himchan's voice made you and Jongup broke the hug.

"Well, yes. I supposed" you smiled at him not wanting he felt intimidated by you.

"Thank you Miss Jin Ah, I will take a very good care of your dearest brother"

You believed he was just stressed at the dearest part purposely.

"Time to go, Jongup. I prepared a document for you to sign at my office"

"Okay, hyung. Let's go"

You watched them walked out to the door before you heard Jongup said something.

"I told you, she is very soft-hearted"

"Hey, I hear that!"

And three of you laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

You were heading to downstairs of your house or should you call it as a flower shop?

It was your Mom's before she passed away in very tragic accident four years ago. The same accident that took your dad's life as well.

You were 20 and your brother Jongup was 18 when both of you lost your parents.

It was an accident. A car accident. You were in the car with your parents during the accident. You had your very first piano performance four years ago. Being supportive like normal parents would do, your parents were excited and You remember vividly that your dad applied half day leave just to see you perform.

You hardly remembered on what was happening during the accident because it happened in blink of eyes and went so fast. The only thing you remembered was, you were screaming hysterically when you saw a car form the opposite direction tried to get into your lane before you passed out and resulted into a coma state. You woke up 4 days later from coma. After your brain got the signal that you were at hospital, you started screaming for my parents.

Just as in time, a nurse came in and you saw Jongup followed after her with a sad face. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened.

"Where's my mom? Where's dad? Where are they?

The nurse tried her best to calm you down and right after that you watched her was getting ready to put you on sleep by injecting you.

"Kid, help me hold her"

Jongup and other male nurse hold you like they were being told. You tried fought back and kept screaming. You even attempted to push the nurse's hand away with your energy left, which was busy to find the right place to inject you because obviously you couldn't keep still. Then, something hit you, you couldn't even move your right hand while trying to fight them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

Hello, after a long time I decided to post the first chapter, this fiction was completed long time ago but I realized I made a lot of mistake so I will do major editing for every chapter. For those who have read before, the plot won’t change I guess? It’s just the term of writing style and point of view that would have few changes. I’m sorry again but at the same time, I’m excited to share this journey with new readers out there.

Please enjoy it and thank you J