chapter 2 - defeated

With You

CHAPTER 2

 

You continue what your mom had left, the flower shop located under your so called home. You were not born florist, you never thought you will take over your mom’s small business one day and to run a flower shop, it was something that you would never imagine of. Becoming a pianist was always your dream, sometimes you imagined yourself in academy teaching young students how to play piano. Because of your hand, you were letting go that dreams slowly. Your right hand has stopped functioning from the elbow down to your five fingertips due to the accident. It wasn't a very high degree of paralysis, you still stand chances as the doctor said but all of it costs money which you don't have many of it.

You couldn't spend your parents' money on the therapy sessions and the medicine. Jongup needs to go to University. He needs them more than you need the money. Both of you need to spend wisely with your parents' saving and not long after you discovered your right hand couldn't functioned, your father's lawyer told you and Jongup that both of you need to move out from the house our parents left because the accumulated debts from the loan your parents took from bank. It explained why you and Jongup live in this shop.

Thing was hard at first, but you admitted that you do pick good flowers and plants for people and grew fond to flowers.

I must have inherited it from mom”

You thought with a light chuckled escaped from your small mouth.

 

You placed baby breath into the cooler inside the shop because they can get very sensitive and need to be placed and stored in high relative humidity,

“Pretty things sure do need high maintenance”

You talked to yourself before you heard bell ringing which indicates you have a customer.

"Welcome to Flower Paradise, what can I..." You didn't finish your sentence after your eyes caught a familiar figure near the counter. You walked away from the cooler and Himchan was standing over there with a warm smile on his face.

“I am busy" you said it, teasing him as you walked pass him, not going to acknowledge his existence before grabbing spray bottle.

"I want to buy flowers" he spoke while looking at you fondly. He was amused that you worked diligently despite the condition of your hand.

You rolled my eyes pretended to be annoyed by his presence.

"Just pick by yourself. It's not you never done this before. So tell me, which girl is you meeting and flirting this time?"

You scrunched up your nose as if you were thinking hard, who is the girl would be.

"I only chose them and give them to my workers and hard working trainees without any feeling attached. Such a nice and good boss, wasn't it?"

"Good boss but you make yourself like a bad boy”

“Why?”

Himchan asked out of curiosity

“Be- because you gave those girls false hope"

"Really? Do girls always think like that?"

" Ermm, depends" you continued spray the roses in the vase.

" Will you get the wrong idea if one day I give your flowers?"

You bite your own lips before answering him.

"Very unlikely because you are not my type"

You looked at him before bursting into laughter because Himchan just made a sad face.

"Joking, okay? If you really want to make a move on me, give me something else, I have been with flowers for most of the time, so with you giving me flowers won't make me flatter, maybe a vase of diamonds will!"

You said jokingly and didn't know Himchan thought the other way.

"Diamonds? I could give you all stars in this universe" he replied

"Kim Himchan, please. I might spray this on your face so it can wash away your cheesiness"

"You probably don't dare to do that because you are soft-hearted"

You and Himchan, who is older than you grew closer because of Jongup. He usually will drop by at your shop just to check on the Moon Siblings.

Being the only child, Himchan doesn’t has many friends. Besides, he’s the young CEO, people might be intimidated by the tittle. Put that aside, he is really a good person and can socialize well. It’s just the people and strangers would see him rather intimidating.

Before you could continue speak, Himchan already interrupted,

"Actually I came for a very serious business and discussion"

"Is that so?" You gave him a smirk.

" Yes. I need you..."

“Hmmm..?”

"I mean, our company needs your service for upcoming debut showcase. We need few flower wreaths and we need your help for stage design because it's a fantasy concept debut showcase and I thought flowers will go well with that"

"Wait, when is the showcase?"

"Next week, Thursday"

" And you just tell me now? It's Monday already. I only had about ten days oh my god. I am not doing this"

He probably could tell you panicked.

" Please Jin Ah, you are my last hope. Apparently, our contract department had missed out the contract date. They thought we still have one month left before contract expires. We can't do anything because the supplier was busy to deal with us for the showcase" he said as he grabbed your good hand that holding a spray bottle with pledging look.

You pressed my lips together and looked at him. You slightly tug your hand away from his hold.

"Seriously Himchan don't make that face. I will help you though the process of drying flowers for the wreath is not easy and takes times. You need to help me with ideas"

"Thank you Jin Ah"

“I know I can always count on you and it's true you really have a soft-hearted" Himchan said that while ruffling your hair.

"So let me take my book first, I need to write down the important things"

You put the spray bottle on the counter and flipped the open sign to close.

Both of you and Himchan sat at the counter facing each other after Himchan got back from buying dinner from Chinese restaurant. You insisted at first because you could cook him a simple dinner and of course you felt bad at him. Every time he came to our shop or house he will always bring something to eat as he was worried that you and Jongup didn't eat and have nothing to eat.

"So what kind of flower you like to use?"

" I don't know, that's why I am hiring you. You are an expert in this"

You rolled my eyes at him

"Himchan, I can't work on this if you are not cooperating"

"Jin Ah, I put all trust in you so I would not mind with any kind of flowers if you choose them, okay?" he talked before shoved the whole black bean noodles in his chopstick into his mouth.

"Alright, alright. By any chance do you mind if I see the music video of the girls? So I could at least get the idea how the concept is like and analyze the girls' characters? "

"Sure, just come to my company tomorrow, No, I will fetch you okay?" he munched his food and you laughed out loud as you saw a stain on his lower lip.

"Kim Himchan, are you sure you are 27 years old?"

"People said I have baby face look, so what do you expect?"

"Take this and wipe your lips, you got stain on it" You gave him a piece of tissue while pointing at his lower lip.

He took and wiped it but of course he missed the spot.

Being inpatient and frustrated as you looked at the unwiped stain, you brought yoir left hand to his mouth before wiping the stain used bare finger.

Later, you feel like cursing yourself because Himchan froze and stop munching his food.

You were frozen too and pulling your hand away from his face.

"Sorry. I don't really like stain" you said casually.

Himchan looked at you without muttering any word.

He was shocked too. He felt that his whole body has stopped functioning. Sure you and him were closed but things like this would probably triggered an awkward atmosphere.

"What?" you asked.

"You are blusing. Your face is all pink and your ears are red too. Are you okay?"

You brought your palm to the face and felt it was burning.

oh my god

"It..it’s getting hot here. You know--- the food is really spicy, that's why" you said without looking at him.

You thanked God because Himchan just continue with his food without asking further question and after few second, you heard bell sound coming from front.

"Oh.. hyung" Jongup walked to us with his backpack hung on his right shoulder.

"Dinner without me?" He asked as he was sulking.

"Hey, I bought for you too" Himchan said and asked him to sit beside him.

Jongup took a chair besides Himchan before said,

"Noona, are you okay?

must be my blushing face

You are not helping Jongup

You sighed

"No, I am not okay with you came home at this time. I thought we have made a deal. It almost 8 pm and I was having a hard time dealing with this shop and this guy alone" you said while swallowing down your food rather forcefully.

"Noona, I am sorry" he put down his chopstick and resume,

"Hyung, I thought you already told her?"

"Tell me what?"

 

"Jongup---will come home late for this and next week. The soon to be debuting girl group need him to assist on dance routine because he was the one who made the choreography" Himchan explained that to you while scractching the back of his head

You wouldn’t bother by him come home late or not helping with the shop. You were just looking for a lame excuse. You are more than capable to work this flower shop alone without Jongup. Jongup on the other hand, will help you at the morning when new plants arrived and most of the time, he will be at home at 6 in the evening to help me close the shop which was he missed and didn't do it today. That's why he said sorry at me and you feel guilt hitting you. The deal made was solely meant for him to not neglect his study with come home early, have enough rest so he could keep focus not because you want him to help you.

Himchan continued,

"Until next week, I will drop by your shop before 6 every day to help you with stuffs"

Jongup looked at you nervously because he knew that you hardly accept people's help even from someone like Himchan, someone that you closed with. 2 years ago, Himchan had offered himself to cover up for your therapy session bills so you can work your right hand again. He was willing to support your medical expenses which resulted both of you didn't talk for almost one week.

"Himchan, you don't have to do this" you said rather firmly.

"No Jin Ah, let me for this time. I think I was responsible over this matter. Jongup couldn't help you because he is working to make sure our company next project to be successful. This is the least I can do"

“please, noona “ Jongup looked at you with his puppy eyes.

"You guys win, okay!" you finally defeated by constant pledge from the two guys in front of you.

You saw both of them high five before saying in unison,

"That's why we love you"

"That's why I love you Noona" which the latter came from Jongup.

"And Jongup, I think I need help from them"

"Them? Daehyun, Junhong and Youngjae? Why?"

"Well, apparently, your boss is hiring me to design the stage for debut showcase, so I need my boys to help me and tell them it's not for free. Okay?"

"Who?" Himchan asked

"Just some cute and handsome guys I know"

"I thought Jongup and I are the only two guys in your life"

"In your dreams" you laughed and asked them to finish the food