Be Careful What You Wish For

The Little Things (Oneshots)

 

You wait in the long line of squealing girls patiently, staying calm unlike the mess of people around you. It would be a lie to say that you weren’t freaking out too on the inside; you just had a lot more common sense than some of these fangirls.

You peer around the shoulder of a bouncing girl as she holds up a sign claiming Donghyun as her oppa. You roll your eyes as he waves in your direction towards the girl, acknowledging her sign. She nearly faints, letting out an inhuman squeal as you sigh. Didn’t these girls know how to be quiet for two seconds?

You’re at Boyfriend’s fansigning for one reason; to deliver a letter to your beloved Kwangmin. From their debut, he had always been the one who caught your eye, and you finally had a chance to see him in person. Sure you loved the other members, but Kwangmin was different. He was the one you loved the most.

Your friends made fun of your posters and constant chatter about what he was wearing their last performance. Okay, so you were a bit obsessed. And maybe you could be a huge fangirl sometimes. But that didn’t mean you had to flaunt that to the six boys sitting at the long tables in front of the line.

You bit your lip nervously as the line shifts up, fans passing by the table for autographs and photos. From your position, you can see Minwoo and Jeongmin sitting together and chatting animatedly with their fans. Unfortunately, you can’t spot Kwangmin from where you stand, and you can’t help but feel disappointed.

It seems to take centuries to reach the table where your idols sit. You finally spot Kwangmin as you step closer to the row of smiling boys. He looks flawless, his dark hair styled perfectly as he waves at a few fans. A wide smile flutters across your lips and you can’t seem to take your eyes off of him, not even as the others sign your album and thank you for coming to the fansign.

Finally you reach him, your heart pounding in your chest. You give him a crooked smile as you meet his dazzling eyes. You think you might just faint.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kwangmin-ssi.” He gives you a wide smile as you bow to him and hold out your album. “Could you sign this for me please?” He nods as uncaps his black marker before scribbling his name in smooth lines. He hands you the album again and your knees threaten to cave as your fingertips brush.

You clutch the album tightly to you chest, and just as you’re about to be ushered down the line, you slip the letter to Kwangmin. He looks up in surprise and you give him a weak smile as you’re tugged along, replaced by a giggling group of girls.

You slowly exit the building to the chilly outdoors where Boyfriend will soon be exiting. There are a few people there already, but other than that, it’s pretty quiet. You were pretty close to the front of the line so you didn’t have to wait long. But you wish you could’ve talked to Kwangmin more, seen his face he opened the letter, given him a long, lingering hug…

Your thoughts are cut off as someone taps your shoulder. You turn around and your mouth drops open in surprise. “Kwa-”

“Shh!” Kwangmin places a finger to his lips, nervously glancing around to make sure he hasn’t been noticed. He’s wearing sunglasses, a hat, and a bulky hat, making him look like an awkwardly dressed fanboy. “I…I read your letter. I just thought it was really sweet and I wanted to thank you.”

You can’t breathe. Kwangmin was talking to…you? He was thanking you?

You gape at him and struggle to find a way to reply. He grins and suddenly he’s hugging you, a warm, safe, comforting hug that fills you with happiness. “Write me again sometime, okay? Make sure you come to the next fansigning, ______!” He glances around cautiously before giving you a tiny wave matched with a warm smile. He disappears back into the building and you clutch a trembling hand over your heart.

Kwangmin said your name. He hugged you. You think back to the wish you had just made moments before and a wistful smile breaks out across your blushing cheeks.

You didn’t know how it happened, but whoever granted that wish for you was pretty amazing. Maybe wishes really did come true after all.