Hard to be Apart

The Little Things (Oneshots)

 

You run the brush slowly through your hair, staring into your mirror as you let out a yawn. It’s far past dusk, the sky twinkling with stars as you’re tucked away into your bedroom. Your parents are already asleep; you’re grateful for this, because it makes sneaking out so much easier.

You hear the small tap on your window and a smile breaks out across your face. You hurriedly stand and listen for any sounds out in the hallway. When you’re sure it’s quiet, you hurriedly brush back the curtains and pry open the window. Kikwang’s face watches with a wide grin and you return it quickly, shutting off the lights in your room behind you. You swing a leg over the ledge of your window and the other follows soon after. You shimmy onto the grass and Kikwang’s arms catch you protectively.

The soft starlight guides your path as he runs with you, pulling you with him towards the bicycle leaned up against the side of the road. This has become a nightly occurrence; escaping into the dark with the guy you love, even if you’re forbidden to be together.

Let’s just say you two weren’t exactly supposed to be together…in fact your parents had told you specifically that it was a major no. You were your own Romeo and Juliet; feuding parents pulling both of you apart. But you loved Kikwang. More than you would like to admit, both to your parents and Kikwang. You couldn’t help but feel a little shy around him, but when the night was bright around you and you had your arms tightly wrapped around his waist, you felt closer than ever.

Kikwang steers the bike down the empty road as you hold him close, burying your face into the back of his shirt. You savor everything about the moment; his scent, the feel of his skin, his voice. Every single thing that you know you’ll miss when he drops you back off at your window as the first rays of light appear.

He swerves down a tiny path and you both bounce along the rigid path. The turbulent ride finally stops when you reach a small sparkling lake; your lake. Your special spot. He leans the bike against a tree as you run over to the water, dipping a toe in. “Aish!” You cry. You pout at him as he laughs. “It’s cold!” He gives you a knowing grin before lightly tugging his shirt over his head.

“Refreshing,” he corrects. He strips out of his jeans until he’s only in the bathing suit he was wearing underneath. You follow suit, shivering in the chilly air as you stand in only your bikini. He gives you a mischievous grin and leaps straight into the icy water, splashing you in the process. “Yah Kikwang!” You cry, laughing as you flinch. The nearly frozen droplets spray over you, drenching you in cold. You shiver and frown at Kikwang as he resurfaces and swims to the edge of the water.

“Brr, you’re right ____-ah, it’s freezing in here.” He runs a hand through his wet hair before meeting your eyes and jutting his hand out. “Could you help me out?” You sigh and hurry over to him, grasping his hand. “Finally you get some sense in that dense head of yours…” You’re cut off as he jerks you into the icy bath. You come up for air, shrieking. “Pabo!” You shout, shaking your hair like a wet dog. He laughs hysterically and wraps his arms around you. The usual warmth of his skin is fading from the cold water. You continue to shiver and he grins at you. “C’mon, let’s go dry off.”

He helps you out of the water and drapes a towel over your shoulders and hugs you close. You bury your face into the damp crook of his neck as tiny droplets travel down his chest. You sigh in content but tears still threaten to spill when you remember you’ll have to leave him again when dawn rolls around. He hears you sniffle lightly and brush wet strands of hair from your eyes.

“Hey, don’t be sad. We’ll see each other again soon. We’ll just have to wait a few nights, okay?” You nod against his shoulder. “But I miss you so much.” He rests his chin against the top of your head and shuts his eyes, softly rocking you back and forth. “I know yeobo. I miss you too.”

You break apart to pack up your things when you notice the first rays of days coming over the trees. He climbs back onto the bike and you clutch him close once again, nearly falling asleep on the ride home. You stumble to your window and yawn. He chuckles and pats the side of your face lightly. “Go sleep. I’ll call you sometime soon. Just make sure it’s you who answers the phone.” You give him a bitter knowing smile and he kisses your forehead lightly. Then he moves lower and pecks your nose once before finally meeting your lips. You taste everything you’ve ever loved; sugar sweet candies and fruits and warmth. You can taste your own happiness.

He finally pulls away as you slide back through your window. You give him a smile and a salute before making a heart with your hands. He returns it with a grin of his own and before long, he’s just a spot in the distance down the road you were just on moments ago. You collapse onto your bed and bury your face into your pillow, trying not to let the sorrow of being apart ruin the wonderful moments you had together.

You reach into your pockets to check your phone and find a text waiting. You recognize Kikwang’s name and smile as you read the message. Promise you won’t miss me too much –K.

You smile wistfully. That was a promise you would have to break. 

______

ahhhh i love you guys so much >.< you've left me such nice comments! and i already have 30 subscribers! thank you and keep giving me your support please, fighting!