Snow

Snow

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon loved snow. He loved it so dearly he would spend all hours of the day playing in it and enjoying its cold. To him, the snow was something wonderful. He loved the uniqueness of the snowflakes and the chilly weather. It was obvious to say that winter was his favorite season.

            “Hey Jun.” Minseok smiled down at the boy confined to a hospital bed. He sat down near him and took his hand in his. “Remember how you promised you wouldn’t leave? I’m starting to wonder if you’re really going to keep that promise.” Minseok's voice cracked, holding on tightly to the pale and fragile hand. Junmyeon stared at him for a few seconds, giving a weak smile as he tried to squeeze Minseok’s hand in reassurance.

“I’ll…try to…at least...” Junmyeon muttered, oxygen mask muffling his voice. Minseok sniffled, kissing the hand of his beloved before standing up. “The doctors are going to do a final check up on you….”

“Okay.” Junmyeon nodded, blonde hair covering his eyes before Minseok pushed his bangs up. He stared at Junmyeon’s grey eyes, taking in a deep breath before leaning down to kiss his forehead. “Please get better, Junmyeon. We have so much to see. Winter will be coming soon and I know how much you love snow.” He whispered.

Junmyeon stared at the other male, eyes scanning his face as he smiled. He knew he couldn’t get better. The disease had started to shut down his organs and was spreading like wild fire. Before, the doctor had said that Junmyeon could live until next year but now, he wasn’t going to make it. He only has Minseok, his best friend Yixing, and of course, his family. He didn’t want to give up yet but the pain was killing him. “Min…in case I…pass—“

“Don’t say that!” Minseok shouted, tears streaming down his face as he looked into Junmyeon’s eyes with fear. “Please don’t say that, I-...I don’t want to lose you.” He whispered, laying his head on Junmyeon’s mattress while the other thread his dainty fingers through Minseok’s hair.

“Minseok…you’ll always have me in your heart. Remember? We’re soulmates, on Earth and in Heaven.”
            Remember?

Junmyeon loved snow, but he also loved Minseok. Minseok was his soulmate, his companion, and most importantly, his beloved lover. Minseok loved Junmyeon dearly. So much that losing him was devastating and heartbreaking. If only Junmyeon had lived to see this year’s winter. If only Minseok was able to say, “I love you.”

I miss you