01 You Think

Eyes On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

:Chapter 01: 

 

How stupid of me; to think I was

the only flower in your garden.

 

“What the are you doing here?!” Unable to stop her voice from rising, Alice stood up abruptly, her eyes wide and jaw open. The last thing she had on her mind was meeting her him. 

Mark however, remained unfazed by her outburst and stayed seated, a low chuckle escaping his lips. Alice pinned her brows in confusion. Why was he laughing?

 

“I asked what—“ “I heard you the first time, Jun Hee.” 

 

‘Jun Hee. How dare he call me that?’ Gritting her teeth and trying not to burst out again, Alice sat down. 

 

“I almost forgot how much of a short temper you had. You’re still as wild as I remember. ” Mark commented making the woman squint her eyes at him suspiciously.

 

“What on earth is that supposed to mean?” Alice hissed, feeling offended. 

 

“Sheesh. Chill out, Jun.” Mark grinned and leaned over, placing his elbows on the table and then resting his head over his interlocked hands. 

 

‘Stop with the ing nicknames already!’ 

 

“You’re not supposed to be here…Mark.” Alice swallowed hard as she took his name. It felt so unfamiliar yet so natural. It had been such a while since she last saw him—or even thought about him. So why was he here now? 

 

“And as far as I remember, you’re also not the woman I’m supposed to meet today. Go Tae Hee, was it?” he mused.

 

“She couldn’t make it so I’m here in her place—wait why am I explaining myself to him— What about you? You’re not Jackson Wang.” Alice crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back.

 

“It’s the same case with me. Unfortunately, Jackson couldn’t make it.” He responded with a smug smile before adding, “But I’m glad we could meet again.”

 

As if someone had slapped across her face, Alice froze but she slowly and somehow forced herself to stand up again.

She reached for her bag that was resting on the corner of the table, all the while as Mark watched her, and then said, “I’m sorry I can’t say the same for myself," She paused to get one last glance at him— she had almost forgot how he looked. The blonde hair was gone and now replaced with a brown shade. This Mark which she didn't know, looked far maturer than the one she had once known— “Goodbye Mark. I hope I don’t see you again.”

 

Alice didn’t even bother waiting for his reply as she rushed out of the place, without even glancing back once— afraid that he'll see the fear in her eyes. The fear of how much he had changed but she was still the same. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter