Wedding Day

The Wedding Day

He looked so beautiful while walking down the aisle. His pale white skin was glistening under the sun as if it showered him in glitter. His dark black hair was gently dancing with the wind. The flower crown on his head isn’t even on par with the beauty beneath it. He was ethereal. He was an angel who humbly graced this earth with his mere presence. His feline like eyes were alluring and piercing, I couldn’t help but drown under its depth. His smile spoke a thousand beautiful words that even the greatest poems couldn’t compare.

My heart started thumping faster as he got closer and closer, the sweet melody from  an old piano that sat beside the altar started playing. I bet the song was beautiful but I couldn’t hear a thing, couldn’t even recognize a single note. Time was moving in slow motion. All I could see was the majestic scene before me; everything was just a background noise. 

When he was finally in front of me, he locked his hands under my arm. The sudden warmth gave me shivers as an electric jolt passed through my whole being. The smell of his sweet perfume lingered in the air, the flowers he was holding couldn’t even give justice to it; it was pulling me in. As we walked down the aisle, all eyes were on him.

I prayed to God in the heavenly sky to give me another moment to bask in this glorious scene.  I wanted to stop the time. But as we got to the altar, he let go of my arm. “Thank you Hongbin-ah” he said. His soft voice kept ringing in my ear. I was tearing up but I bravely held back my tears. I couldn’t even utter a single word; my voice was suddenly lost by the waves of emotions that kept crushing down on me. I smiled at him in reply; hoping that my smile was enough to tell him the words I never said. I glanced at him one last time and finally delivered him to the man he was about to marry; the lucky man who was about to spend the wonderful days of his life with my Taekwoon, the love of my life.

I stepped backwards beside the other groomsmen. I stood there silently, locking away my heart as I listen to the vows they exchanged.