Final

Don't Be Sorry

"We should tell them..." Seungcheol whispered in Jisoo's hair.

Jisoo's heart stoppped. Tell them?

Jisoo sat up, making his way to get off the bed before Seungcheol quickly grabbed him. 

"I'm serious," he said quietly, "I'm breaking things off with Jeonghan and you should do the same" 

Jisoo averted his eyes. He knew he should but just thinking about breaking up with Mingyu made his heart hurt. I shouldn't be doing this, he thought, Mingyu deserves better. 

Seungcheol kissed his forehead before clambering off the bed, leaving Jisoo alone with his thoughts. Jisoo watched him search for his clothes, silently wishing he wouldn't leave. 

It's Seungcheol or Mingyu...I can't have both...
•••~|~•••

"Wonwoo-ah," Mingyu uttered. Wonwoo looked up at him from his textbook. 

"Do you think I'm a bad boyfriend?" 

Wonwoo blinked at him, "Why would you say that?" 

"...Jisoo seems kind of...off, lately..." He explained, looking down. In that moment, Wonwoo wanted nothing more than to comfort the younger boy but he couldn't. You're only friends, he reminded himself

"I'm sure it's not because of you. Maybe you should ask him about it" He offered. 

Mingyu looked at him then, beaming. 

Wonwoo sighed. I'm so in love...
•••~|~•••

Seungcheol had to pause before opening the door. Jeonghan was inside already, having let himself in a long time ago. He's going to break up with Jeonghan. The thought hadn't really hit him until now. So he had wait and collect himself before anything happened. With one last breathe, he turned the knob. 

"Babe?" Jeonghan called out. Seungcheol winced. He had to do it. 

"Hey," he started, growing nervous, "Can I talk to you about something?" 

"Sure" Jeonghan answered, walking into the hallway where Seungcheol was standing. 

"Listen, I... I think we should stop...seeing each other..." 

He watched as Jeonghan tensed. Closing his eyes, he braced himself for an enraged Jeonghan. 

"There's someone else, isn't there?" He whispered instead. Seungcheol startled, eyes darting up to see Jeonghan staring at the floor. 

"What am I saying... of course there is" Jeonghan continued softly to himself, "I mean, it was pretty obvious. Whenever I'd see you, There'd be marks on your neck or...stuff like that and you never seemed to have time for me..." 

The more Jeonghan talked, the more Seungcheol realized how much of he was to him. All the more reason why they shouldn't be together. Then Jeonghan finally looked at him. Tears were gathering in his eyes but he refused to cry. Seungcheol's heart hurt seeing him like that. But he remained silent. Jeonghan gave him a rueful smile. 

"You're not going to say sorry?" 
 
Seungcheol kept quiet, even when Jeonghan pushed past him and was out the door before he could even react. He sighed, both depressed and relieved. 

You shouldn't be sorry for loving someone...
•••~|~•••

When Seungcheol called that night, explaining what happened with him and Jeonghan, Jisoo was happy. But he was soon hit with the realization that his impending breakup was coming. 

Tomorrow, he thought. Tomorrow for sure
•••~|~•••

Wonwoo was out Christmas shopping when he spotted them. At first, he thought it was Jisoo and Mingyu but at second glance, he discovered that Jisoo was with someone else. He studied them for a bit, watching as they made their way into a clothing boutique. Before they entered though, the taller of the two leaned down before locking lips with Jisoo. 

Wonwoo gasped in shock, dropping his shopping bag. Turning around, Wonwoo only had one thought in mind. Mingyu...
•••~|~•••

"Hey, Mingyu. I need to tell you some—" Wonwoo started but was cut off. 

"Just hold on," Mingyu interrupted. "Which present do you think Jisoo will like better?" In his hands, he was holding a teddy bear and penguin plushie. Wonwoo shut his eyes. 

"Mingyu, I really—" 

"Please~? I can't decide" Wonwoo made the mistake of looking at him then. His puppy eyes were on full blast and Wonwoo was powerless against them. 

"The...penguin one..." he said quietly. 

"Thanks!" Wonwoo gave him a small smile but inside, he was dying. 
•••~|~•••

Jisoo was almost to Mingyu's house. And Mingyu didn't know he was coming because if he did, then he would have made a big deal out of it. Jisoo steeled himself once more before knocking. Mingyu answered right away, surprise taking over his entire face. 

"Jisoo! I wasn't expecting you, why didn't you call?" 

"I just had something to tell you..." Here it comes

"Wait one second" Mingyu suddenly announced. Then he dashed back into his house. Jisoo was able to breathe while he was gone. 

He came back holding a wrapped box. Jisoo felt dread creeping up on him. 

"Mingyu wait," he said, Mingyu paused. "I came here to...to break up with you"

He winced as Mingyu's face dropped. 

"Before you say anything, it's not because of you. I met...someone else," Jisoo felt tears coming on as he watched Mingyu's face going blanker and blanker with every word he said, "And I really like him, okay? But you shouldn't be treated like that because you deserve someone who will only look at you, who will only love you. Not someone like me" 

Mingyu stared at him for a bit longer. 

"Here," he whispered suddenly, holding out the wrapped box. "I bought it for you so you should still take it" 

"Mingyu, I can't" 

"Just take it...please?" Mingyu gave him a forced smile. Jisoo nodded, accepting the gift with a choked back sob. 

"Why are you crying?" Mingyu questioned, "You're the one who broke up with me" 

Jisoo flinched. 

"Bye, Jisoo..." Mingyu whispered, slowly closing the door. Leaving Jisoo to stand out in the cold. 
•••~|~•••

As soon as the door clicked shut, Mingyu screamed and hit the wall. A large crack appeared but he couldn't bring himself to care. He stalked into the kitchen, throwing everything off the counter. 

Why would he do that

After destroying his kitchen, he moved onto the living room. Knocking over the tv, flipping the couches, everything Mingyu could touch was wrecked. 

That cheating son of a...!

When his rage finally cooled down,  Mingyu collapsed beside his bed. Finally, the heart break was pouring in. Pulling out his phone, Mingyu hit his number one speed dial. 
•••~|~•••

"Hello?" Wonwoo answered, turning back to his laptop. 

"Wonwoo-ah..." Mingyu whispered into the phone. Wonwoo stopped. Was he...crying?

"Mingyu, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Wonwoo was slowly growing more alarmed. 

"No, II—" Mingyu stuttered, unable to finish his sentence. 

"Alright, I'll be there soon" Wonwoo announced, hanging up. 
•••~|~•••

A few months later...

"Come on, Jisoo! Or we're going to be late" Seungcheol called out. 

"I'm coming! Don't leave me!" Seungcheol laughed, watching a flustered Jisoo rush out of the bathroom. Jisoo turned around, allowing Seungcheol to put his coat on for him. 

Leaving their shared apartment, the couple walked out onto the streets. 

Seungcheol looked over to Jisoo, watching him shiver in the chill spring air. Wrapping an arm over him, he pulled the other closer. Jisoo sighed, content. 

Together, they walked into the university's auditorium, where they'd be watching the singers compete for a spot on the live show performances. 

"Jisoo! Seungcheol!" Someone shouted from the front. Running up to them, was Jeonghan, who was all dressed up for his performance later on. 

"I'm so glad you guys could make it" He exclaimed, excitement bubbling over him. The couple smiled with him, the others excitement contagious. 

"I'm singing last actually, which but you guys will be cheering me on right?" 

"Who said we're here for you?" Seungcheol teased. 

"Oh haha" Jeonghan replied, unamused. Then his phone dinged, causing him to leave suddenly with a rushed farewell.  

The couple blinked after Jeonghan's sudden departure. They looked at each other and shrugged it off. 

Taking their seats, Jisoo spotted a familiar figure a few seats ahead. Mingyu was seated with Wonwoo leaning against his shoulder. Jisoo gave a small smile, happy that the two finally got together. 

"What are we going to do after this?" Jisoo asked. 

"Hmm, I was thinking we could..." Then Seungcheol leaned over to whisper dirty things into Jisoo's ear. 

"Stop that!" Jisoo whispered back, blushing red with a scandalized expression. 

Seungcheol laughed before quieting down as the show began to start. 

End


A/N

So I edited some of it, just fixing spelling or grammer mistakes and I realise that it is very easy to be mad at how CheolSoo acted but oh well. They would do anything to be with the one they love. Don't be too mad...