Part 1

Flight 5704
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You had taken a part time job at a department store with a clear mindset about what you planned on doing with the savings after working there for about a year, you managed to buy a passport and a plane ticket headed to South Korea. It took some time along with learning some of the basics of the Korean language but you were set about going there. You had been a fan of KPOP for several years and among the time listening to various groups and some of the culture of the country you had decided to take a trip to see the country.

You were already at the airport waiting with your grandmother for your flight to be called. “You’ve got everything right?” Your grandma asked, her concern showed along with her age.

You had been living with her while working instead of trying to juggle renting a place of your own, it was a lot easier and you were able to save more.

Your suitcases were packed and you were certain you had everything and you had to assure her several times that you were ready to go, anxiously waiting to head to check in with your flight and get on the plane. “Yes, grandma I’ve double checked, I’m all set.”

Your grandma gave you a smile. “That’s good. Oh honey, I’m going to miss you while you’re away. Please take care of yourself, and be sure to call me when you’ve arrived.” She wrapped her arms around you to give you one last hug before you were to leave.

“I know I will miss you too. And the time is different there but I will let you know when I get there, I promise.” You fought back the urge to cry. You wouldn’t be gone forever but several weeks in a different country, not to mention this would be your first time flying too.

Over the speaker in the airport the flight number of yours was beginning to board on the plane. “I have to go now,” you say. Your grandmother nods and sends you off with a wave.

You got in the line as the plane began to board, you went through a terminal with all the other passengers. It wasn’t a one way trip, the plane would make a stop somewhere in China before going to South Korea but that was fine, you wouldn’t have to leave the plane at all. You handed your ticket to one of the stewardesses waiting outside to check your seat number and you were lead into the large airplane, anxiety bubbling throughout your body as the lady showed you to your seat. You would be seated on the left side of the plane by one of the windows but thankfully you were closer to the back where you could have a clear view of where the bathroom would be.

You thanked the stewardess and took your seat as the plane slowly began to fill, you pulled out your phone and earbuds to listen to music hoping that it would calm your nerves. After about 10 minutes and noticing that the plane was nearly only over half way full and that you did not have anyone sitting in the seat next to you the captain began speaking. “This is your captain, we are about to take off. It will be several hours before we make our first stop in Shanghai, China where some of our passengers will be leaving and others will join before we go to our destination in Seoul, Korea. With that said, sit back, relax and thank you for choosing Korea Air.”

You had turned up the volume on your phone to relax to some of your favorite songs during the ride eventually you managed to get comfortable enough and dozed off for those hours before the captain’s voice shook you from your sleep.

“Attention passengers, we have safetly landed in Shanghai and we ask those who are departing to gather their bags and tickets and make your way out of the plane and let the others onto the plane that are going to Seoul. We hope you enjoyed your time on Korea Air, have a nice day.”

You ran one of your hands down your face, wiping away the sleep from your eyes and pulled out the ticket to read how long the layover would be before it headed to Seoul. The departure time was in exactly 15 minutes, which gave you time to stand up and go to the bathroom.

After washing your hands, you left the bathroom and headed back towards your seat while noticing passengers were filling up the plane, there were far more people on it than before and this time, someone was now occupying the once empty seat beside yours. You couldn’t really make out the persons face as it was covered with a mask but you knew from the looks of the person it was a male. He looked relaxed, head resting against the chair with his head looking down, fiddling with his phone he hadn’t noticed you until you had sat down again and he raised his head to look over at you.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” you managed to say to the person, trying not to cringe at the way you said it. You knew the person would instantly tell you were foreign, if not by your looks.

“Whoa! You said it so well,” the male said excitedly. “I mean, hello!” He chuckled. His crescent eyes crinkled as he laughed, it almost sounded so familiar like you had heard it before. “Sorry I could just tell right off you weren’t Korean. Where are you from?” He asked.

“Oh, th-thank you. I’m from the US,” you replied. Whoever this guy was, he seemed very cheery which helped your nerves a little.

“Cool~! Is this your first time visiting Korea?” He asked.

You nod. “Yes, I’m excited. I saved up for a whole year and learned some of the language.” You explained to him.

“That’s cool. You’re really good at the pronounciation.”

You smiled, glad he thought so even though you thought differently. “I’m sorry, I didn’t introduce myself, I’m (Y/N).” You held out your hand towards him.

He shook hands with yours. “Nice to meet you! I’m–” he started to say but another person had walked up making you look away from the male and up at a taller looking male in the aisle, his eyes met yours before looking over at the person who was seated next to you.

“Yah! Baekhyunnie I gotta show you this vide– oh,” the taller male began, who you noticed had a much deeper voice than the one next to you. It made your mind stop at the name, ‘Baekhyunnie?’

“Aw they seated you next to a cute girl, I’m jealous!” He starts to say, he had looked back at you and you weren’t sure if you were imagining but you could’ve sworn he had just winked at you, causing you to blush.

“Chanyeol-ah, go and sit down we’re about to leave.” The boy sitting next to you says.

Your eyes widen at the mention of his name. No freaking way. You were on a flight with two of your favorite members of your favorite KPOP group. Suddenly you felt your heart rate pick up.

“Aw, maybe I wanted to talk to her! Plus I wanted to show you this video.” Chanyeol pouted.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Show me later, we’re not supposed to have our cell phones on during the flight anyway.”

Oh, that was right. You felt a little silly forgetting that and pulled out your phone to quickly switch it off.

“Fine. Hey you, whats your name?” Chanyeol started to ask you, making your head look back up at him.

You stutter out your name and he smiles. “That’s cute~! I’m Chanyeol. Hey, do you know who EXO is?”

You blush at his words and are about to answer him when you hear a groan from Baekhyun. “God, Chanyeol not everyone knows of our group and will you just go sit down already?”

You didn’t know why Baekhyun was acting like this but you weren’t about to say anything.

Chanyeol frowned at his band mates words. “Aw you’re no fun,” with his shoulders beginning to slump he walks away and finds his seat closer up to the front. As you looking on, you could see several other boys seated around him.

Baekhyun’s voice brings your attention back to him. “Sorry about him, sometimes he likes to use our bands name to talk to cute girls.”

“It’s alright,” you mumble, trying to remain calm especially after the fact that you were called cute by Baekhyun.

He ended up taking off his mask probably feeling it was better to reveal his identity now and you got a better look at him up close. It sent butterflies in your belly. He looked so good, better in person. “Anyway, I’m Baekhyun and as you know now that loud mout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter