baby, it's cold outside

december boys [DISCONTINUED]

"Well," Jaebum leans back into the sofa, "I have to admit, this has been a nice evening." He didn't ask Jackson to show up on his doorstep laden with grocery bags, and he very nearly shut the door in the other man's face; even if he did end up doing most of the cooking, Jaebum can't deny that Jackson has been a pleasant distraction. 

Jackson grins. "See, I told you that good company was what you needed." He shuffles a bit closer so he can bump their knees together.

"Perhaps," Jaebum conceeds, returning the bump. "But it's getting quite late now," he says with a glance at the clock above the television.

"But how would I even get home?" Jackson crosses the room to pull back the curtain from the main window, revealing a flurry of white. "See, it's a nightmare outside."

"It's not too late to catch the last train."

"It'd take me three times as long to get to the station trudging through that snow." Jackson leans forward, pressing his nose against the glass. "God, it's up to your knees out there!"

Jaebum gets up and pulls Jackson away from the glass, frowning at the small grease mark he sees. 

"I'm getting the shivers just imaginging how cold it must be," Jackson moans, wrapping his arms around his shoulders.

"I've got a thick coat I could lend you," Jaebum suggests as he cleans the window.

"It's minus five degrees," Jackson holds up his phone.

Jaebum pauses, looking out the window and staring down at the ground. The rooves of lower buildins are already disappearing under a thick white blanket. "I suppose you could stay a little longer, wait out the worst of the weather."

Jackson perks up. "I'll pour us another drink," he syas before he practically skips to the small cupboard at the other end of the living room.

"Your brother lives in the city, right? Maybe you could take a taxi to his place in half an hour. I'm sure he's concerned about you."

"I don't think they'll be any cabs out tonight." Jackson offers Jaebum a tumbler, clinking their glasses together the second it's in Jaebum's hand.

Jaebum takes a long sip. "You know, you didn't even bring any clothes." 

"No, but I could always borrow some of yours." Jackson winks. He returns to his seat. Jaebum follows suit.

"Don't let her kindly demeanour fool you, the receptionist is a wretched gossip with a wide network. By the time we get into work, half the building would be talking." He stares at Jackson above the rim of his glass.

"Ahhh, that goes down nice and warm," Jackson sighs, sinking into the black leather. "It's too bad you don't have a fireplace, but I guess it's nicer to huddle together under a fleece blanket." Jackson rests his cheek in his hand, smiling sweetly at Jaebum.

"Alright." Jaebum starts to chuckle even as he shakes his head. "Alright...you can stay the night."

"Awww, you're such a kind host," Jackson grins, his cheeks rosy and his gaze slightly unfocused. He scoots down the sofa, closing the gap between their bodies. "Thank you for the warm welcome." He lays his head on Jaebum's shoulder.

Jaebum leans in, resting his cheek against Jackson's head. "It is cold outside." Jaebum shrugs, taking another sip of his drink.