first snow

december boys [DISCONTINUED]

"Ahhhhh!"

"What is it?" Jaebum frowns, glancing up from the slightly yellow pages of the book in his lap.

"It's snowing!" Jackson squeals from his perch on the windowsill. "Like, real actual fluffy snow!" 

Jaebum snorts. "Fluffy?" 

"Yeah, it's, like...all clumpy and poofy, you know...fluffy." Jackson moves his arms in some intricate, undecipherable code. "I can't believe it, it's just like in the movies." His megawatt grin is back in full force. 

Jaebum finds himself smiling back, only slightly exasperated. "Wait, haven't you seen snow before?" Jaebum tilts his head. "Fencing season is in the winter, right?" 

"Well, yeah, technically. But that was through glass at the airport, and it was a nusicance then because it grounded my plane and I couldn't just go outside and play in it," Jackson says with a significant look.

Jaebum huffs a sigh. He marks page he's on with a bookmark and places the book on the low table in front of him. Jaebum shakes his head; he can already hear Jinyoung nagging him about his slow progress in the book Jinyoung so highly recommended. 

 "Oh my God! It's wet!" Jackson cackles, his hands shaking as he holds them out the window.

"The hell are you doing?" Jaebum crosses the living room to shut the window. "Heating is expensive. Come on," he grabs Jackson by the hand and pulls him towards the tiny cupboard where they keep their coats, "it doesn't count as a first experience until you see it fall around you."

Jackson grins, his eyes shining brightly.


~~~


"This ," Jackson mutters, the sofa creaking with as he tries to get comfortable without disturbing his leg.

"You'll live," Jaebum says from behind his book. He doesn't have to look up to know that Jackson is pouting at him. 

"I can't believe it..." 

"Fresh snowfall means icy, ungritted walkways," Jaebum says matter-of-factly.

"Snow is overrated," Jackson says flatly.

Jaebum sinks into the armchair a bit more to hide the slight shaking of his shoulders.