idol!WOOHYUN

Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

idol!WOOHYUN

It’s just another fansign out of the many he does with INFINITE, but as Woohyun signs off albums and shakes hands with (cute) female fans, he notices that there’s a guy standing in the queue. Not only that, but this male fan looks uncannily like him. When the fan in front of him starts talking, Woohyun leans over to smile and listens attentively, but once she leaves, Woohyun steals another glance at the guy in the queue.

He really looks like me...

There was one time during pre-recording for a music show when Woohyun pretended to be a fan of himself, sitting in the audience area and holding a “Woohyun-oppa is the best!” placard, cheering for “Woohyun-oppa” and everything. He remembers how the fans and crew alike had laughed about it, how it makes total sense that if he’s a fan that he’ll be a fan of himself, and he had laughed along, happy to make them smile with the joke. But that was then, and this is now, and to see someone who looks so much like him walking towards their fansign table tentatively (and isn’t it always the tentative ones who are the craziest fans?) scares him a bit. Beside him, Hoya shifts a little, and on his other side, Sunggyu takes a drink of water, which Woohyun thinks he needs.

Alas, there isn’t enough time for him to find a bottle of water, and the male fan is in front of him before he knows it. Woohyun’s bracing himself for what the fan might say (or do), but the guy just places a neatly folded piece on paper on the table, bows, and then moves on to Hoya who’s next to him.

Huh.

He thought the fan would at least say something, but Woohyun’s attention is diverted when the next fan in line comes up in front of him and he doesn’t have time to wonder. He does, however, sneak a glance towards Hoya’s side of the table while he writes a message for the female fan (a cute but way too young middle-schooler). And he spots Hoya looking at the male fan, blinking like he’s surprised. Woohyun has time to think, What did the male fan do? before he quickly looks away. It’s not his business, Woohyun thinks, but Sunggyu nudges him at the elbow somewhat urgently, pointing for Woohyun to look. He’s not sure why he even follows, but Woohyun pauses in his writing and turns to observe the male fan and Hoya properly.

Usually it’s the fans giving them things – albums to sign, gifts and handwritten letters to keep – but the male fan doesn’t have anything on him (he doesn’t even have a bag, actually). And although Hoya is scribbling something on a piece of paper, Woohyun thinks it’s one the blank ones they’re provided with at all fansigns that no one ever really uses, instead of anything that the fan had brought. Strange, because since when does a fan come so unprepared? Also, from where he’s sitting, Woohyun catches glimpses of what Hoya’s writing and while he can’t see the whole paper, it’s enough to tell that that the words on the paper aren’t Hoya’s usual message to fans but a string of digits.

Wait…isn’t that… his phone number?

Woohyun’s still looking when Hoya folds the paper into a haphazard rectangle and pushes it at the male fan’s hand. The guy seems surprised, but he takes the paper dazedly when the staff asks them to move along. At the reminder to move the fansign along, Woohyun quickly turns back to the middle-schooler fan who’s still in front of him, finishing his message on her CD.

“Here you go!”

 

 

With his busy and tiring schedule, Woohyun quickly forgets about the strange things that happened at the fansign. It’s only later, alone in his apartment at night, when Woohyun’s taking off his clothes to change into something more comfortable does he find the folded note in his pocket, and he suddenly recalls who had given this to him. It’s the male fan – the one who looks like him, the one who didn’t say a single word at the fansign. There’s no harm in opening the note, so Woohyun unfolds it as he dumps his worn clothes in the laundry basket, curious.

 

 

Okay, this is wacky as hell and you probably think I’m crazy but I’m going to just say it anyway. I’m you, from another dimension. Maybe you don’t believe me and stopped reading already but there’s something I need to talk to you about, so that I can return to my own world. Please, if you are willing to meet me, I’ll be waiting.

 

 

The rest of the note is the name of a park, and what Woohyun presumes is the fan’s phone number. He holds the note tentatively between the tips of his fingers, wondering how much he believes of the (frankly ridiculous) message.

“I’m you”. Right... oh-kayyyyy, sure.

Still, he can’t deny that he’s kind of curious. And Woohyun’s also vaguely wondering why the guy didn’t write down when he’ll be at the park – is he going to just wait there until Woohyun turns up? Isn’t that kind of even more ridiculous than the note itself? Surely the guy has things to do, work or school to attend...right?  Or maybe he expects Woohyun to call him, but Woohyun isn’t dumb enough to call the guy’s number in case he spreads Woohyun’s personal number around. He already gets enough calls from overenthusiastic fans as it is.

Staring at the note, Woohyun considers that this whole thing could just be a bad joke from a crazed fan, especially after the discussion during lunch with the members after the fansign. They had all noticed how much the male fan looks like Woohyun, and coup

Please log in to read the full chapter