Exposed

Simple Expressions

 


 

 "A package arrived for you early, around six I think," Suho says, extending a silver wrapped square box the size of a rubix cube with 'Kim Minseok' clearly written in a hand writing that looked familiar. How he knows it's from Dara noona is the result of him skimming through her photos of handwritten notes. Good thing the others are still asleep, making it easier for Suho to be subtly nosy. He intently watches Xiumin's face while taking a seat on the couch. But the hyung is an expert in masking his feelings. Curious, he asks who it was from even though he's not expecting to get an answer.

 

Just when Suho thinks Xiumin will avoid the question by staying silent, he takes a seat beside the leader, looking a bit nervous.

 

"It's from Dara," he admits, fidgeting with the sealed envelope.

 

He says it in a quiet voice that Suho is not even sure if he heard it correctly. 

 

How Xiumin calls her 'Dara'—there has to be an explanation. Where did the honorific go?

 

And the leader is about to find out in the next minute.

 

Xiumin tells him that Dara is his girlfriend for almost two months now.

 

Suho's eyes widen and his mouth hangs open in awe.

 

How he managed to keep it a secret is unimaginable. That explains Sehun's observations about how Xiumin seemed to be in a relationship with his mobile phone.

 

Xiumin reaches out to tap Suho's chin so he'd close his mouth. "Only you and Jongdae know about it," his voice lower, cautious that someone might overhear.

 

How Jongdae manages to keep his mouth shut about Xiumin's big secret—that is even more surprising.

 

Maybe he is planning to break the news to the other members one at a time. 

 

Nonetheless, Suho is glad to know that he is trusted with such secret. It will be chaos if the rest will know about it at the same time. He could imagine the chaos that will ensue.

 


 

~ I have always wanted to give this to you, Minseokkie!! ^__^<3

 

Xiumin finally reads the note at the privacy of his room. He had waited for half an hour and finally, Luhan is in the bathroom. He won't be going out anytime soon.

 

The red bracelet with silver charm that accentuates its simplicity is a very well-known type of couple jewelry. But upon examination of the charm, Xiumin finds out that there's a ring in the bracelet. He carefully separates the silver ring. Looking closer, he immediately notices the engraved characters of her unique three-syllable name. 

 

This makes him smile. Knowing that she's wearing a ring with his name engraved on it.

 

Just how was she able to do it.

 

The curiosity as to how she managed to have the rings engraved with their names vanishes completely when his phone rings, signaling a call from the one and only reason he's smiling these past few months.

 

"Uhm... has the package arrived?" Her voice has a tint of shyness.

 

"Neh. Thank you so much for the gift. I'll take very good care of it," he says with a wide smile even though she can't see. 

 

If they were talking face to face, he might have already pulled her for a hug, and might have kissed her.

 

"Do you like it? Is the color of the bracelet too much? I mean, red is very noticeable..." She's pertaining to how attention-grabbing the color is. Her worry is obvious.

 

"I love it and I love red," he assures her. 

 

She lets out a relieved sigh. "I'm glad you love it."

 

"By the way, how did you manage to have it engraved?" he squinted at the ring and remembers to ask her. 

 

"Oh that. I knew someone who's trustworthy enough to keep it a secret."

 

"It's strange that no photo of you and Bom noona has yet circulated," Xiumin points out.

 

"Aigo. It's strange indeed. Anyway, how was your practice?"

 

They had only missed talking for a day and it felt like there's been a lot they have not told each other. Xiumin had been very busy that she decided to leave him alone for a day. He did not call yesterday and she understands why. They had only texted each other 'good nights'.

 

Xiumin explains how their comeback was pushed to a later date. Instead of the whole group, the sub unit 'CBX' will be introduced in a month or two, depending on their capability.

 

"That soon?!" Dara worries Xiumin may be overworking himself.

 

"Don't worry. I won't skip meals. I'll drink lots of water. I'll sleep plenty as much as possible—"

 

"Ya! As much as possible? That's not right—"

 

"And I'll call you often," he continues as if he did not hear her protest.

 

"Okay. But please. Sleep more."

 

"Don't worry about it," he says, followed by a nervous laugh, pause, and then he admits. "But there's something you have to know."

 

"What is it?" Dara can detect the change in his tone.

 

"I told Chen about us."

 

"Okay... Did he notice?"

 

"He saved me from being exposed when Sehun is grilling me, pointing out how weird I am acting these past few days. That I have a relationship with my mobile phone." That last part, he can't help but laugh at.

 

"Okay. If Sehun noticed, probably some of them did too. What do you think?"

 

"I'm not sure about that. Suho knows as well. I told him early today after I received the package. He handed it to me himself. I have a feeling he already suspects about us."

 

"Okay." She sighs at the other end of the line, worried how much stress Xiumin suffers for keeping their relationship a secret. The situation seem to demand that a major decision be made. 

 

"And I also have a feeling the others suspect I am dating. Well, Luhan, I have yet to tell him," he admits.

 

She has made up her mind. "When do you think is the right time to tell the rest of them?"

 


 

Indeed, a few days have passed since their visit to the shop.

 

Just because no photo of Dara buying a couple item in a jewelry shop gets out doesn't mean it's non-existent. 

 

While Dara and Bom think it safe, and silently hope no one would dare question their trip to the jewelry shop, let alone recognize them, the dreadful outcome of her actions finally surfaced.

 

It was during breakfast when a photo of her and Bom began circulating in the internet. To think that it had been only yesterday when Xiumin had mentioned to Dara the strange absence of photos.

 

As expected, a lot of speculations have started flooding the social network sites. There will be those statements that almost hit home. Almost.

 

This Bom pointed out with a keen eye as she skims through the comments thread.

 

Dara can barely chew her food. Which thankfully doesn't need much chewing anyway for it's only oatmeal she's having for breakfast.

 

"Listen to these."

 

>> 'Oh my goodness. Has the day finally come when Dara unnie found the one for her?!'

 

>> 'There's something going on. If indeed Dara unnie is dating, I'm going to support that ship a 100%'

 

>> 'I'm dying to know who he is... He better take care of Dara unnie.'

 

>> 'She's bought a couple ring!? I'm here all excited even when I have no idea for whom it is!'

 

For each comment, Bom has a different delivery, it's almost funny. But Dara is nervous. She can barely laugh at her friend's antics.

 

How all these comments arise from a couple of photos that show Bom and Dara leaning over the jewelry display with the saleslady on standby to assist is beyond them.

 

Maybe there is something to deduce from their body language. 

 

Or was it the fact that the store was known for selling couple jewelry?

 

Or maybe, if one zooms in, the unmistakeable red bracelet is very visible in Dara's hands.

 

The only thing that saves Dara from being caught is the fact that the store has it in their policy not to disclose the items bought by their customers. It was a brilliant idea for Bom to suggest they buy jewelry from there.

 

Expectedly, even without confirmation, speculations are bound to be made.

 


 

The first time he decides to wear it, which is the next day after receiving the gift, fans notice it at once. He is with Chen at a coffee shop and he simply forgot to hide it.

 

For fans who have keenly observed what clothes he loves to wear and what jewelry he likes which was not much, Xiumin wearing a red bracelet and a ring is a rare sight that shouldn't be ignored. 

 

Usually, Xiumin does not wear a ring. 

 

When a high definition photo of his hand shows he is wearing one, the netizens had a field day. 

 

Instantly, it became a trending topic. Only hours after Dara and Bom's photo circulated online.

 

As to the reaction of the rest of EXO, let's just say some of them have mixed feelings. Some were heartbroken by the possibility that there noona is indeed already taken. While some where curious as to who the lucky guy is. All throughout the discussion after they had their lunch, Xiumin is simply quiet, silently praying nobody will notice the connection.

 

Chen, who has the sole intention of diverting the topic may have single handedly caused Xiumin's eyes widening at his direction. He starts reading comments out loud, but the good thing is, he somehow controls the discussion.

 

For the next several minutes, they talk about the comments.

 

This is the first time he wore a ring, most mention so. Not just any ring, but someone points out that it looks like a couple bracelet and ring!!!

 

Even the boys have voiced out there curiosity as to why all of a sudden, their hyung is wearing a ring. Something that resembles what couples wear nowadays.

 

Chen, who lost the ability to make another diversion is mum and pretends to not hear the conversation while Xiumin is being interrogated at the living room during their unexpected day-off.

 

Suho, who's silently looking on while slightly shaking his head, knows where the ring and bracelet came from. He's got a gut feel that it's connected with Dara noona's visit at the jewelry store. That is the obvious connection.

 

While there are fans who's imagination has gone wild and far (we all can relate to them, admit it, it happens), there are others who are still thinking logically, in need of hard evidence. 

 

Though the jewelry is rare and a new release, meaning only few famous people wears it, some funny edits and confessions have started to come out. 

 

Not one has done a connection between Dara and Xiumin.

 

Not yet at least.

 

And Xiumin's prayers are answered it seemed.

 


 

Dara is still in the process of gathering courage to publicly wear what she herself considers a symbol of their relationship. She will be lying if she says the simple thought of Xiumin wearing the bracelet and ring makes her feel nothing at all. She's happy that he has worn it the next day upon receiving the gift.

 

"Ya! If you're not going to wear the bracelet and the ring, I just might," Bom threatens when three days passed and Dara still has the jewelry kept in its box, placed on top of her bedside table.

 

They are simply lazing around Bom's condominium one afternoon.

 

"What if it'll arouse suspicions?"

 

"Ya! May I remind you that you said so yourself, you don't care at all."

 

"I did?" She racks her brain for the exact day and time she said it. 

 

"Not technically. But just the same. When you bought the bracelet and the ring, I'm very sure that you know the consequences."

 

She heaves a sigh. Bom is right.

 

"I do know the consequences."

 

"What are you waiting for? Just wear it. Be brave like Xiumin-ssi who has already worn it like a badge of love." 

 

"Aigo, stop it."

 

"I must admit, the kid has guts. Unlike someone I know..." Bom teases.

 

"Ya!"

 

"Besides, I'm dying to know how the netizens will react if they see you wearing the same thing." There's a glint in Bom's eyes. 

 

Even Dara grows curious about the reactions.

 

But her main concern is, will she be able to handle it? 

 

Seriously, the plan of admitting their relationship to the rest of EXO already makes her a nervous wreck.

 


 

When the guys learned from Xiumin that their Dara noona is paying them a visit, courtesy of the back door (aka secret passage), the excitement is overflowing.

 

"Wow!" Dara can't help but exclaim upon seeing the preparation. Just like her first accidental visit, breakfast is a feast. 

 

Their seating arrangement is still the same to Tao's disappointment. He had wanted to interrogate his Dara noona about her visit to the jewelry store.

 

But we all know nothing can stop Tao from quenching his curiosity. Despite last night's reminder that they refrain from asking personal questions, Tao stubbornly disregards their leader's advise.

 

Dara nicely says that she'll answer question later to his obvious delight. 

 

Suho shakes his head, not sure how to stop the panda from causing any more trouble for Dara noona. It does not escape his observation however, that Dara's and Xiumin's eyes met in passing.

 

It somehow tells Suho that something is about to happen.

 

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger. Will try my best to update soon. Thanks for reading.