Prologue

Less Than Three

“You don’t have to do this.”

   It was the broken kind of way that person’s voice cracked at the very end that forced his eyes towards the other. They had been through this too many times already, and he couldn’t stop the sigh he huffed out in annoyance, nor the hopeless glistening in that person’s eyes he gained in return.

   “It won’t be much longer.” He finally said, albeit slow and weakly; a result of the medication that was currently sating his pain.

   His time was up, he knew it.

   He felt it coming from far away.

   Only, he would sleep before the end reached him. It was risky, but if he were to die anyway, why the hell not? Minjun forced a smirk from his lips and reached a tired hand to the sullen face that was hanging lowly beside him, cupping that cheek that he always did love touching. His soon to be ex-lover looked at him with a plea in his dark eyes that he simply couldn’t answer.

   “Hyung.” The gentleness nearly got him, the tender way that person could caress him with a single word and make the whole world disappear.

   He wanted to feel that longing forever.

   “…I hope you dream of me.” The last thing he felt was soft lips touching his before the darkness took over. And then there was nothing.