CONFRONTATION

IT'S YOU THAT I WANT

     “Jaebum ah…can I ask you something?” Jinyoung said as he and Jaebum were sitting together in the lab, waiting for the teacher to come.

     “Shoot…”

     “What would you do if you know someone is cheating on their partner?”

     “Huh? What do you mean?” Jaebum frowned.

     “Um…well…it’s someone I know…”

     “Who?”

     “A friend…we’re pretty close…”

     “Like you and Mark kinda close?”

     “Yea…” Jinyoung nodded. “Kinda…”

     “Ookay…”

     “Well…I recently discovered that his boyfriend is cheating on him…”

     “That’s bad…are you sure?”

     “Well yeah…I saw the two of them on a date the other day…I thought I saw the wrong guy but it turned out to be his boyfriend…”

     “Did you confront them?”

     “No…”

     “Why not? It’s clearly that that guy is seeing someone else behind your friend’s back…”

     “I know…it’s just that…I dunno what to do…or what to say…obviously my friend didn’t know about this…”

     “Well…you could at least warn your friend about the guy…”

     “That’s the thing…I’m not exactly on a speaking term with that friend of mine…”

     “Eh? But you said the two of you are close…”

     “Something happened…”

     “Okay…well, I think you should tell him…”

     “I should?”

     “Yeah…I mean…you saw for sure that his boyfriend is seeing another guy…and your friend needs to know the truth…no matter how hurtful it might be…”

     “Wouldn’t he think otherwise?”

     “Who? Your friend?”

Jinyoung nodded.

     “I just don’t want him to think that I’m making up stories just because I got jealous…”

     “Are you?” Jaebum stared at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung went silent.

     “You like him don’t you? Your friend…” Jaebum said when he saw Jinyoung went mum.

     “Actually…yea…”

     “Well that explains a lot…”

     “I’m at dead end Jaebum ah…”

     “Or maybe you could just confront his boyfriend instead…gave your piece of mind…”

     “You mean beat him up?”

     “No you idiot!” Jaebum knuckled Jinyoung’s head. “Talk to him…say that if he didn’t come clean with your friend, you’re gonna tell him instead.”

     “What if…”

     “Look, you like this friend of yours am I right?”

Jinyoung nodded.

     “Well, sometimes truth hurts…besides, you can be his knight in shining armor…sweeps him off his feet…like damsel in distress…” Jaebum giggled.

     “Isn’t that kinda low?”

     “Well my friend, there’s no such thing as low in love…” Jaebum patted Jinyoung’s back. “

4th period…

Mark watched as Jinyoung left the class for lunch together with Jaebum. He wanted to talk with the guy but Jinyoung managed to avoid him every time he tried.

     “Dude…you’re still in war zone with Jinyoung?” Taehyung said, sitting on his table with his feet on the chair.

     “Yeah…one stupid mistake and I just got our friendship down into the drain…”

     “It can’t be that bad…”

     “We’re not talking, that’s a first in I dunno how many years…I can’t even remember the last time we had a fight…”

     “ to be you then…” Taehyung grinned.

     “Geez…thanks a lot Tae…” Mark rolled his eyes.

     “So, how long you gonna be in the States?”

     “Two weeks I guess…I might be back couple of days before the school open…”

     “Looks like I’m gonna spend my whole school holiday with Jimin then…now that you’re gone…”

     “Good for you then…”

     “Maybe you can use that time to strategize your next move on Jinyoung…”

     “I was thinking about that too…” Mark leaned against his seat.

     “And don’t forget my souvenirs…”

     “Yea, yea…”

     “When will you be leaving?”

     “Tomorrow…I really wish I could straight everything up with Jinyoung before I left…”

     “We both know there’s nothing straight about the two of you…” Taehyung chuckled.

     “Shut up!” Mark knuckled Taehyung’s thigh.

     “Oww!” Taehyung winced. “What was that for?”

     “You deserve it…”

Free period…

Taehyung walked to his desk and saw a small folded paper under his pencil case. He looked around and there’s no one in the class at the moment. He opened the paper and there are writings on it.

Rooftop now, Jinyoung

*This is interesting…* Taehyung smiled, walking out of the class, heading towards the quiet staircase at the end of the corridor.

The wind gently blows as Jinyoung paced back and forth on the rooftop waiting for Taehyung. He had to do something…Mark is a great guy and he doesn’t deserved a cheating jerk like Taehyung.

      “You wanted to see me?” Taehyung said as he stepped out the door.

      “Yeah…”

The two guys walked towards the edge of the wall, looking over the school ground.

      “So…what’s up?” Taehyung glanced at Jinyoung.

      “I’ll just get straight to the point…I know that you’re cheating on Mark…” Jinyoung said, turning sideways to face Taehyung.

      “Huh?” Taehyung frowned.

      “I saw you and that little pink hair on your little date the other day…”

      “Pink hair? You mean Jimin?”

      “I don’t want to know his name…what I want to know…why the hell are you seeing someone else when you’re in a relationship with Mark?” Jinyoung could feel his anger rising seeing how calm Taehyung looked at that very moment…as if he didn’t do anything wrong.

      “Because I can…” Taehyung answered.

      “Do you know how bad I want to punch you right now?” Jinyoung balled his fists…clenching it tightly.

      “Look, it’s none of you problem if I see anyone behind Mark’s back…it’s not like Mark gonna know about it…how about you just forget what you just saw so we can move on with our life ok?”

Taehyung grunted when Jinyoung took him by the collar.

      “You son of a ! Don’t you have any conscience?”

     “What was it to you huh? Why? You like Mark is that it?”

     “I love him…and seeing him being deceived by a son a like you made me wanna do damage to that pretty face of yours!”

     “So you think I’m pretty?” Taehyung smirked. He loved seeing Jinyoung all riled up like this.

     “Kim Taehyung!” Jinyoung was seeing red now.

Fist fly and Taehyung stumbled backward from the blow…he felt a sting at the corner of his mouth.

     “Damn…for a dork, you really can punch people…”Taehyung touched his jaw.

     “Yaa Park Jinyoung!”

The two of them turned and saw Mark standing at the door.

     “What the hell is going on here?”

Mark rushed towards Taehyung and saw blood trickled down at the corner of his lower lips.

     “Did you do this?” Mark asked, looking at Jinyoung.

     “He deserved it…remember Kim, made your choice wisely…I won’t be so forgiving next time…”

Jinyoung walked away.

     “What was that?” Mark asked.

     “Nothing…just a little rage outburst from your boy…” Taehyung winced when he wiped his lips with his thumb.  “Damn…Jimin gonna ask so many questions when he saw this…”

     “Tae…what happened?”

     “Well…I’ll tell you later ok? Right now, I need to get some ice for my jaw…I didn’t know he can punch like that…”

Later that day…library…

     “Can I talk to you for a sec?”

Jinyoung looked up and his eyes met with Mark’s. Without having the chance of giving Mark an answer, the guy grabbed Jinyoung by the wrist and dragged him out.

     “What the hell happened back on the rooftop? Why did you punch Taehyung?” Mark asked.

     “He’s lucky I just punch him…he deserved much more damage in my eyes.” Jinyoung said calmly.

     “What the hell is wrong with you? As far as I know, Taehyung didn’t have any problem with you…”

     “But now he did.”

     “Jinyoung ah…”

     “Look, I don’t regret it…he deserved that punch…maybe when once you know the truth, you too would want to punch him.”

     “Truth? What truth?” Mark frowned.

     “Why don’t you ask him? Don’t let that bastard lie to your face again…you are worth more that Mark…”

Jinyoung walked away, leaving Mark more puzzled than before.

 

 

One chapter left...huhu...TT TT~~~~