I Just Needed Directions

I Just Needed Directions

NAMJOON:

 

Namjoon was lost. He was trying to get to Yoongi's new studio, but really, just the address wasn't enough for him. He wished Yoongi had at least given him brief directions to help him get to the right location. Even then, why had the older chosen such an isolated area?

 

Sighing exasperatedly, he looked around for a sign of life, when he spotted the mop of pink hair (who the dyed their hair pink?) ten steps ahead of him. Maybe he'll know where the location was; it was worth a try. Shrugging, he easily covered the distance between him and the pink haired male and tapped his shoulder.

 

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you-Ah! !" He cried out in pain, covering his eyes and aimlessly fumbling around, because he'd just been pepper sprayed and what the was wrong with this person!? He just wanted some directions.

 

"I finally caught you!" He heard the pink haired male exclaim in triumph. Caught? Caught him for what? "That'll teach you for stalking people!" Wait, what?

 

"Stalking people?" He asked, still disoriented from the liquid irritating his eyes. Damn, that was some strong pepper spray, he thought as he rubbed his eyes to get rid of some of the irritation.

 

"Don't try and act dumb, I know you've been stalking me these past five days." Okay, this guy had it all wrong. Namjoon hadn't even been in this area before today.

 

"Okay, no, listen, I think you've misunderstood. I'm just-" he tried to explain, but he was cut off.

 

"Are you calling me blind? Because I won't hesitate to spray you again!" If this guy would just hear him out.

 

Namjoon slowly opened his eyes. His vision was still slightly blurry; the male in front of him was just a pale and pink blob to him.

 

"I didn't say you were, and please don't spray that thing again, my eyes are literally on fire right now. And I assure you, I'm not a stalker. I just needed directions," he explained, his hands held up in surrender so that the other wouldn't attack him again. He noticed the pink blob put what he'd like to think was his hand, down. Believing that the other had understood, he released a sigh of relief and dropped his own hands.

 

"How can I believe that?" He snorted. "How do I know you're not trying to deceive me by saying that?" The pink blur asked in an accusatory tone. Because he isn't?

 

"Because I'm not. Plus, I'm not particularly skilled at acting, so there'd be no way I would be able to deceive you. Believe me, I just want directions - I've been wandering around here for more than an hour now, and honestly, I'm getting nowhere." As much as he hated to admit it, he had a bad sense of direction, but he needed to find the studio, before Yoongi decided to kill him for being late (not like he wasn't already).

 

"Oh my god." Was what the pink haired male said, probably coming to realisation. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?!" Yeah, Namjoon thought it was a little too late for an apology, since he felt like he was going blind. He refused to believe that it was just pepper in that spray bottle.

 

The splash of water brought him back to reality and he stumbled back before gaining ground again.

 

"What the ? I thought I told you I wasn't the stalker!" Namjoon exclaimed in disbelief.

 

"Would you calm down? It's just water, it will ease the irritation from your eyes." Oh. Okay, that's nice of him.

 

He rubbed his eyes with his hands, and finally, he could feel his vision returning. So, really he'd been overdramatic. Now he could see the pink haired male's face clearly and - oh. Wow, he was goddamn beautiful. And pink hair looked ing amazing on him. . He was sure he was in love.

 

"Can you see now?" Damn, even his voice sounded amazing to Namjoon.

 

". I think I'm in love." He blurted out.

 

"What?" The other asked, his brows raised in suspicion. God, he was such an idiot.

 

"Uh, I-I mean yeah - yeah, I can see clearly now. Thanks," he said with a nervous chuckle, scratching the back of his head. He felt like he was forgetting something, but chose to dismiss it. It probably wasn't anything important.

 

"No need, I was the one who sprayed you in the first place. Sorry about that again," the pink haired male said.

 

"Don't worry about it," he assured, "I guess you couldn't help but be cautious - this is quite an isolated area."

 

"It is, but it's one of the reasons I like living here. It's always so peaceful and - ah, sorry, you're not here to listen to me ramble." Even his squeaky laugh sounded like music to Namjoon's ears. "What was the address you're looking for?"

 

Oh, right. Yoongi's studio, that's why he'd come here. He whipped out his smartphone and showed the message to the other.

 

"Okay, I don't know how you couldn't find the place, but just take a right at the end of the road here, and then another. You should see it right as soon as you take the second right," he instructed Namjoon, with the addition of small gestures. Namjoon found that so cute. "Got it?" He snapped out his thoughts.

 

"Oh, yeah - yeah, I got it, thanks!" He turned around and starting walking aimlessly because he hadn't listened to the pink haired male at all. He couldn't help it, okay? Those soft, pink lips, and those dark eyes, and don't even get him started on those damn shoulders.

 

How could he be so deeply in love? He didn't particularly believe in love at first sight either, so why?

 

But, first things first. As embarrassed as he was already, he turned around to ask the other to repeat the directions again.

 

"Hey, um, can you maybe-" he tried to say.

 

"You didn't listen to a word I said, did you?" The pink haired male remarked with a knowing tone. Namjoon just smiled apologetically, causing the other to sigh exasperatedly. "You really need to listen to people when they're talking to you - and it's rude to stare, you know?" Well , he'd noticed.

 

Namjoon mentally slapped himself, and followed the other who was walking past him.

 

They took a right when they reached the end of the lane, then another.

 

There it was, the building Yoongi had mentioned in his text. How had it been this easy for the other to find, whilst he'd practically ran round in circles, and yet still hadn't been able to locate the place?

 

"You know which floor it is, right? Or do you need help finding that too?" The pink haired male asked with a chuckle.

 

"No, no, I can find it. Thanks for guiding me here though, ur..." he trailed off, hoping the other got the hit and revealed his name. The other just raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"You want my name?" He asked, to which Namjoon smiled at nervously. "Do you want to get pepper sprayed again?" He said, reaching inside his bag. Okay, maybe it was time he got out of here.

 

"Ah - actually, I'm getting late! I'll be going!" He rushed into the entrance and pressed the elevator button. Immediately, the door opened. Namjoon got in and pressed the button labelled '3', causing the door to close.

 

He smiled widely as he thought about the pink beauty that helped him.

 

"Well, you can't blame a guy for trying." He said, shrugging. 

 


 

A/N: my first bts fic oh yeah B). Based on the prompt: "I was trying to ask for directions and you accidentally pepper sprayed me cause you thought I was your stalker". Hope you all like it :D