Part 3. END

Of Obsession, Trauma and Love

Of Obsession, Trauma, And Love

Part 3. END.

One Moment of realization, she came to know. That Love is close to obsession, and that obsession is caused by trauma.

But what she felt is it loves? Is it obsession? However, regardless she loves him or not. She can’t have him.

‘Baekhyun-ah, at that time, I can hear my heart beats, as I watched your retrieving back, as I watched you walk away, my heart beats with sadness…..’

****************

 

7 years is a long journey. There are ups and downs, laughter and tears, break up and make up. Both have come a long way. But times slowly drain the love out of them. Or is it just one of them?

While preparing for their marriage, Byun Baekhyun grew tired of her. He hated seeing her on the morning, he hates the breakfast she made, he hates her clinging on to him, he hates her childishness, he hates their weekend movie, he hates sleeping next to her, he simply just hates her.

Byun Baekhyun is old enough to know what he wanted. He is old enough to make decision of a lifetime. But no one is ever old enough to not make a mistake.

And Byun Baekhyun did. He did make a mistake. He thought that it is a mistake to ever love Han Yeoreum. However, he is wrong. His mistake is that he cheated on her.

And of course Han Yeoreum doesn't’t know anything. She is oblivious to everything around her. She doesn't’t know what’s coming right before her marriage.

Each day she lives happily, waiting for her big day. She smiles, like a fool.

Maybe, he did feel regretful, for making her looks pathetic, making her looks like a total idiot.

*****************

Day by day passes. Their wedding day is near, jut right around the corner.

And it was exactly one week before their wedding day.

 

That night, Han Yeoreum realizes, Byun Baekhyun didn’t love her anymore.

That night Han Yeoreum learn the truth, Byun Baekhyun’s happiness is not her anymore.

That fateful night, Han Yeoreum sees the truth, Byun Bakehyun’s smile, Byun Baekhyun’s twinkling eyes, Byun Baekhyun’s happiness, Byun Baekhyun’s love….. Is not hers anymore….. But it was the other girl….

On that fateful night, Han Yeoreum got her heart broken

On that fateful night, Han Yeoreum believes her love has turn into an obsession; she would never let him go.

******************

2 days into their wedding. They haven’t talked to each other yet, Byun Baekhyun hasn’t apologizes nor explain things regarding that night. And Han Yeoreum had no intention to talk to him or cancelling the wedding.

Byun Baekhyun thinks there is no use of explanation, this is what he wanted all along, and he wanted her to know the truth. Now that she knows, all left to do is breaking off their wedding. But when he learns that she had no intention to, he goes to find her.

“Han Yeoreum!” He yells as soon as he finds her at home

“Oh! You surprised me Baekhyun-ah” She answer sweetly as if nothing ever happens

“Why don’t you break off the wedding?” He is so straight to the point

“What are you talking about? Why would I break off our wedding?”

“Don’t pretend like this Han Yeoreum! You know I’ve been going out with other girl!”

“So what? What if you’re going out with her? In the end you’ll choose me! It is always like that! I’ll think of it as the last time you’re playing with other girl… I’ll let it pass,,.,,”

“Han Yeoreum!”

“Baekhyun-ah, you love me, our wedding is in two days….”

“But I don’t love you Han Yeoreum!” He cut her

And she is stuck… its hurt…. She is unable to say anything…

“I don’t love you anymore! I love HER!”

“No Baekhyun-ah… you love me…. You said that… that’s why we’re going to get married….”

“I don’t, I’m not anymore…. That’s why you should cancel the wedding.”

“No Baek, I am not going to cancel it!”

“You have to Han Yeoreum!”

“No! I love you Baekhyun! And you love me too!”

“Please Yeoreum…. I don’t love you anymore…. You know that…. We’re going to get even more hurt if this continues…. Please… stop the wedding…. And let me go….” He said while begging on his knees.

“No!” She is persistent

“Please Yeoreum-ah…. Please let me go….. please…….”

And he kept begging her to let him go…..

****************

Baekhyun and Yeoreum were walking on a meadow one day, and he asks her, “Yeireum-ah… when did it start? Since when did you like me?”

She looks at him as she answered, “At first I thought you were interesting as you reminded me of my grandpa, so I put more attention to you. As I got closer to you, I feels a lot of things and know a lot of new experience knowing you. Being the popular you, girls won’t just leave you alone…” she then looks far ahead the distance of the meadow. “And then, one day, I just realized, ‘aah, I liked this person, that’s why I’m jealous…’” a soft smile painted on her face, she turns her view from the meadow and looks at him again, “At first I was scared… scared that I’ll get hurt, scared that I’ll lose you….. But I… have finally found the reason… of the feelings that I’m feeling, the reason to breathe, to live….”

He hugs her and said, “There’s no reason to be afraid….. Don’t be scared, I won’t hurt you…. you won’t lose me….. I can promise you that….”

 

The scenes of the happiest days in her life, when their love is undeniable, keep replaying in her head. Thousand of thoughts run in her head. She doesn’t know what to do or what to think. Why Baekhyun begging her to let him go? Most of all now, when their wedding is near?

Didn’t Baekhyun love her?

No, he didn’t.

He always said that he love her, more than his own life.

That was before.

Why did he want her to set him free?

Because he is trapped with you.

Love might sound like an excuse, and it might sounds more like an obsession rather than love, might sound selfish, but she won’t let him go, she wants to hold on, she wants them to work out, she wants him, no matter what. Because she can’t breathe without him, her heart is dying without him. She won’t let him go, no, she can’t let him go.

***************

And on their wedding day, before the ceremony starts, Byun Baekhyun goes to find her once again, to convince her once again.

“Yeoreum-ah…” he called her from behind and when she turned around, he can’t lie that he likes it, Han Yeoreum looked pretty, she looked amazing in that wedding dress. And his heart beats, whether it is because she just looked amazing or…. He doesn’t know. And when he is back to his mind, he realizes that Han Yeoreum hasn’t spoken any word yet and just stared at him, with those dull empty eyes.

“You really won’t stop this wedding?” He starts

Again, she just stared at him.

“Won’t you say anything?”

And she still silent.

“Dammit! Han Yeoreum! Please say something!” He is getting frustrated

“Since when did you cheat on me?” She finally opens her lips.

“One year ago, when we got back together again, I thought it was for good. And that there’s nothing would coming in our way. So I proposed to you. As we’re planning on our wedding, I met her. And I started comparing you to her and slowly my heart just stop beats like it used to. And it feesl like I’m trapped with you….” He finally explained.

His explanation hurts her even more, he said his hearts stop beats, and he said he is trapped.

“Why didn’t you say it sooner? We could’ve fought together! She doesn’t have to come in our way! You should’ve given me a chance to fight for US!” and her tears finally flows down, like a river.

“I’m sorry Yeoreum-ah….. Now that it’s been done…. You should let me go…. Please let me go…” he said also with tears.

“Do you want it that badly? Do you hate me that badly?” and she walks away, leaving him in that room.

***********

On the altar, Han Yeoreum decided to put an end.

As Byun Baekhyun walks beside her, she decided to end it.

When they almost reach the priest, she stops her steps and turns into Baekhyun.

‘I’ll let you go now. Thank you for everything until now. Thanks to you I can feel this. Walking on the altar with the one I love beside me. Thank you.” She tried hard to hold her tears, “Now go.”

Go

Before I change my mind, go

Before my tears fell, go

Before my heart breaks even more, go

Before I held more hope, go

And like that…. Byun Baekhyun walked away…. Leaving the broken hearted Han Yeoreum on the altar…. Crying over their finished love story….

‘Baekhyun-ah, at that time, I can hear my heart beats, as I watched your retrieving back, as I watched you walk away, my heart beat with sadness….’

****************

Byun Baekhyun is the one for her, he has all the things and quality she looks in a guy. Byun Baekhyun is the only guy that resembles her grandpa… but then again… Byun Baekhyun is not her grandpa…

He is just a guy who resembles him, who reminds her of him, who made the same memories as her grandpa…

 

Han Yeoreum, isn’t it hurt? The boy you love so dearly…. Begging you to let him go?

 

 

THE END

 

**************

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Hi guys! sorry it took me long to finish this story!! SUMIMASEN!!

But I would like to know what you're thinking, so please comment!