Chapter 1

Of Obsession, Trauma and Love

‘I am not going to get married. Not going to be like my mom, remarried to someone she barely know, not going to spend my time for someone like my father, irresponsible, careless, etc. But one day, if i happen to found someone like my grandpa, I’m going to hold on to him, not going to let him go, no matter what.’

-

-

-

Han Yeoreum (25), the girl who despises marriage. Her mom and father got divorced when she was 7, her father was absent most of her life, her mom got remarried to someone she barely knew when she was 16, doesn’t care anymore about her.

 

She never called her father ‘dad’, because she believe it takes a special man to be a ‘dad’ and everyone can be a ‘father’. She doesn’t know much about her father, she doesn’t even know how old or what his job is. She only knows that he is someone who she called father when she calls him asking for money. That’s it.

She used to be so close with her mom, they were each other’s best friend. That was until her mom met a man and got married. Ever since, Yeoreum leave her used to be home and live with her auntie.

 

Her family is a mess. She have 3 uncles, one got divorced because he is cheating when he have 3 kids (the older one is so close to her), one have 2 kids but lived far away from his family because he love his job so much, one have no kid and always fight with his wife and he also cheated on her once but divorce is like a time bomb to them.

 

None of the couples she knows, at least in her families, had a happy marriage life. That’s why she is traumatized by the idea of marriage. She knows men are s who can’t be tied with commitment such as marriage. Now she has no desire of marriage. Same with her auntie (she is 36) who won’t get married until now.

 

The only couple she knows who had a happy marriage life is her grandparents from her mom’s side. Her grandma is the kind of strict but carefree and loving (in her own ways) woman. And her grandpa, her hero, her first love (people say a girl’s first love is their dad but for her it’s her grandpa). The only man she respected and loves with all her might, her grandpa, is not a very romantic man, but he is surely a family man, he is wise, caring, and loved her dearly.

 

She knows the secret of her grandparent’s happy marriage life is because they live a life where when something’s broken, they fix it, where they forgive and forget, where they support and stand for each other, where they love purely.

 

Han Yeoreum’s love story, in fact, not a very interesting one. She had this huge crush for her senior back in high school, cliché, he had a girlfriend when she falls for him, and she tried to forget him but he just doesn’t let her do so, because he is always caring and do things that would make her heart beats faster (such as holding his hand above her head and running in the rain) but she never misunderstood his actions cause she knows that he only thinks of her as a sister, nothing more than that. It took her a long time before she can forget about him. Her love is an unrequited one, the one that’s never said, but she know that he knew, he just pretend he doesn’t cause it might ruin their relationship.

 

She never really had the passion neither to hold on nor to be serious in her relationship. She tried, she failed, and then give up. That’s the cycle she keeps repeating.

-

-

-

Until she meet and falls deeply in love with Byun Baekhyun. The man who resembles her grandpa in many ways, whether it’s his attitude, actions, and the way he thinks.

Byun Baekhyun who keeps reminds her of her dearest grandpa. She wants his love and all of him for her, for eternity.

And she would do everything to keep him close, to make him hers only. She would never let him go.

 

 

Author's note :

Sorry for any mistake. Please be patient and wait for the next 2 chapters. Do comment and subscribe.