Enrollment

Call of Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'll edit the grammar mistakes later, till then, please enjoy. Hehe.

 

 

At last, the teen girl's soul thanked the heavens for having mercy on her, as soon as she shot up panting like any other morning to start her jam packed schedule. Every night, she was haunted by the ancient incident that made sure to drill Daehan's words in her mind. However, if not for the sickening feeling that riles up in her chest everytime that cranky cyborg appears, there'd be no way she'd wake up in time.

Just to be positive, she believes that its a mental gift from her deceased family.

If only brother could see how beautiful the world has become, the opposite of what he predicted.

With a giddy mood, Irene divorces her bed to marry the shower room for a warm wet clean up, the automatic pre-set formulas into work as everything is a routine. The space was a bit small compared to past designs because of it's multi-function. A toothbrush rolled out from the wall, accompanied by a plastic cup coming up through the counter that sprung up a sink within it's inside.

In one minute, she lowers her head to spit out the toothpaste.

_ _ Year 2027 _ _

_ _March 4th _ _

⊂ 8 a.m.⊃

Dressed up in her uniform, she walked to her mirror and straightened out the creases on the skirt. She liked being neat and tidy. After having a final look at herself while smiling with statisfaction, Irene spun her body around, towards the door.

Finally, It's my first day of high school. I've been dreaming to become a military medic for the longest time. I'm 16 and I've gotten onto the cable car leading me to the station only two stops away.

Once she stepped past the platform gap, she bit her lip, looking towards the sea, where a large city was built a few acres away from the shore. The scenery was astonishing, a masterpiece showing the advencement of 3D, scratch it, 4D printing. Her eyes twitched.

Someone forcefully pushed through the crowd and she almost stumbled, feeling an arm under her chest, stabling her. When Irene looked up, never had she seen such a charming face. dried at the sight, showing no reaction to the person's worry.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Irene snapped out of her day-dreaming and composed herself, again arranging her outfit in place.

Irene lifted the side of her cheek, "Thank you, um."

"I'm Kang Seulgi." The charming girl replied, hands in her pockets.

"Thank y-you, K-aang, Seulgi-shi."

Why am I stuttering?

The shorter girl scolded herself. As soon as she blinked, she noticed something unnatural. Her eyes darted from left to right, but that Kang girl was nowhere to be seen.

She dissapeard!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every boy and girl her age wore the same blazer, different from their seniors. Irene was immediately lead by a senior in white to the auditorium, lining up behind the rest of the crowd.

A lot of attention placed on them as they admire their new jaw -dropping surroundings.

As soon as they went in, Irene saw a stage at the front, which steeped below the rest o the perimeter. The chair ascended every row, and she took the stairs down to the middle, not able to choose her seat, sitting next to a girl who was already making acquantainces to the ones around her.

"Hello there, I'm Wendy!" She held out her hand for a strong handshake. Irene could tell this girl was a loud one, in contrast to her timid self. Another girl sat on her right, introducing herself as Tiffany, and again, another social butterfly.

"A good morning to the Chief of Administration, Lectures and students. I am Nam Joo Hyuk, the leader of the Vanguards. We provide protection to the campus and maintain disciplinary." He stopped and looked around with hawk eyes, Irene swore she saw it changed color, at present reverted back it's original color. Leader Nam slapped the in air in front of him as the whole hall erupted in laughter. They thought he was swappig a fly, being very wrong and realized that when he swtted his palm back to the direction.

Suddenly, the freshmen that were chit-chatting and giggling a second ago stopped, by force.

Duct tape on their mouths.

"Only the most out-standing teenagers from all around the globe is permitted to even step foot on the boat leading you all to here." His low, strict voice frightening in every short stops.

"Like an example I just showed you, only those who are able to brings their thought alive can wield the ultimate weapon, creativity."

"Therefore." He clicked his tongue, removing the sticky tape off.

"Don't act like kids. You're 16 now and qualified to defend the country once you graduate."

After tragic death of Daehan, the project progressed with flying colors, and only just five years ago, Professor Lee Soo Man discovered another proffiting discovery when the the The Atchercix showed same functions when liquified and injected into a human body.

All it needed to activate was simply talent, which many didn't have. Until he proposed that every child had it injected, returning files of success.

If Daehan were still alived.

He'd call it a lifetime poison, though Irene gave no feed to the thought.

The new student's briefing went on like the normal speech you hear every first day of the semester. To focus on training and academics, and believe in yourself. Nam Joo Hyuk was a brilliant speaker, in the process already gaining some fans in the process. He was a hottie indeed.

"Are you okay?"

The scene of Seulgi saving her from a fall flashed back into her mind, turning her into a blushing mad man. Tuffany saw her face and snirked.

"Aren't you falling for the leader?" She teased. Wendy heard and teased along, saying she should try him.

"Am not!" She half whispered, not wanting to taste the wrath of Leader Nam.

Everyone were already assigned to be classmates with the students sitting in the same row as them, and that makes it 30 students per class, adding up to 240 16 years old. They were then guided again by the sophomores on duty and took a lift up 4 floors to their classrooms.

Tiffany squealed, grabbing Irene by the arm, being possessive of her new friend, who struggled to choose between who to sit with on the way.

Which is why they were enlightened when they entered their study space for the whole school year.

"Yay! We're sitting in four." Wendy exclaimed, pulling Irene towards her too.

The tables are arranged like this:

      ⬜
  ⬜   ⬜
      ⬜

(If you can't see this above, or any graphics I put in the future, kindly comment if needed)

"Let's sit there!" Tiffany pointed to the far end of the class, behind.

"No, having windows beside you is better!"

"Not when the sun can shine right through, tanning your skin."

Irene grunted, enough of their bickering. Amidst the choas of every student screaming around to ask others to sit with them, Irene quietly sat down in the middle, feeling her head hurt.

This wasn't what she expected from brainy students, certainly not a noisy classroom.

The two drama queens finally gave up on arguing when the screen projected the face of Lee Soo Man looling at them with gritted teeth came in. Tiffany and Wendy quickly sat around Irene and shut their mouths. That's the Lee Soo Man effect.

He is the Headmaster of the school and the most respected man world-wide. Even the sight of his face scares kids, not that Irene would admit that. He smiled amusingly, seeing everyone now looking down at their empty desk.

The screen turned blank once again, showing two words 'no signal'.

Irene sighed in relief.

The door opened wide as a beautiful woman walked in, touch pad in hand. She turned to her students and bowed.

"I'm Boa, assigned to take care of this class. Aside from that, I'm also your theory teacher."

Their schedules and syllabus were sent to their phones, with a handheld key card handed to them, it was their student ID for attendance and dorm access.

We'll be living in dorms!

Although some were concerned of their belongings, Ms. Boa stated the school has already been transferring their stuff, right this moment, talking bout convenience.

The bell rang, signalling the start of their first lesson. An announcement called for all students to make way to the sparring arena in 10 or expect punishment.

"I believe that some of you might know me while the new students not."

Mr. Zach Effron spoke through the speaker, on top of a pixel chair, wait. Both of those are matter compiled by imagination. This is what this place is about.

It glitches once in awhile, then poof, dust it became once it's maker didn't need it.

"Oh my look at all the hotties over there." Wendy looked to the far left, where student with a completely uniform gathered. As Tiffany counted, she muttered 9.

"There are nine of them, I see 4 female and male, with an androgynous one I can't tell." Tiffany analyzed. They moved forward and sat down once their line had an amount of students.

"Today is your first day so I'll explain. This is the sparring arena, call it whatever but there are strict rules."

Holy Molly this arena was as big as a stadium.

A familiar figure caught the timid girl's attention, as she spotted someone, the charming Kang Seulgi sitting crossed legged, attentive.

"Number one, never pick a fight outside this place."

"Number two, pick a fight and be responsible."

"Number three, don't kill anybody."

"Number four, be wary of the Vanguards over there." He travelled on a hoverboard t

Please log in to read the full chapter