Intoxicated

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The truth is... Park Chorong doesn't actually know what to do when they get to the party. The plan was decided on a whim: she would go up to Junmyeon and tell him that he should just leave Joohyun alone. But how will she do that exactly? And if he asked why, which he obviously will, she wouldn't know how to answer him, either.

By the end of the day, she'll probably only make a fool of herself in front of everybody.

"Chorong-ah!" Minseok held on to her shoulders and shook her body, trying to break her away from her half-conscious state. "Park Chorong, what exactly are we going to do here?" He asked once she looked at him in the eyes, panic written all over her face.

From her field of view, she could see disco lights were flashing from the inside of a huge modern house. Loud pop music can be heard even when Minseok stopped the car one kilometer away to talk to her. It's currently 11 PM when Chorong glanced at the LED clock of the car's dashboard. She's hoping the neighbors would miraculously call the police because they can't sleep at night. However, considering this may probably be the place where the college students always party at, it's decreasing her hopes a lot more.

"Let's talk about it after going in. I'll call Joohyun." At that statement alone, Minseok drove towards the front of the house and parked the car, along with some others.

After a few minutes of calling her best friend and telling her that they were already there, she magically appears beside the car, knocking on the window slightly. Chorong breathed in and out, trying to calm herself. And then the two walked out of the car while he locked the doors with his car key.

Joohyun held Chorong's hand and quickly walked towards the chaotic party in the perimeter of the house, Minseok followed silently behind them. "It's going to be so much more fun Chorongie, now that you're here!"

"Pfft, I doubt it." She murmurs.

"What?!" Joohyun shouted and leaned in closer to Chorong. The music overpowered their voices as they stepped inside the house.

Chorong yelled back near her best friend's ear, her brows furrowing as the bass of the music gave her a mild headache. "Nevermind! Where are we going?!"

"To my friends! I'm introducing you to them!"

Just the thought of meeting her so-called friends makes her nervous. She turned around to look for Minseok, but he was already nowhere to be found. They were squeezing in through the crowd of students dancing in the living room, the smell of alcohol following her everywhere, and a few boys and girls trying to make out while obviously wasted. Chorong kept holding Joohyun's hand tighter so she wouldn't get lost in the sea of drunk, mating, weird people. They went up the stairs... up and up until they were on the rooftop where there were a few people, to her surprise. The music was still loud, but it was muffled under them.

She was dragging Chorong to where there were two guys and one girl sitting on an outdoor sofa, with drinks in their hands. "Guys! Meet my best friend," Joohyun started and glanced at her, "Park Chorong."

While stammering, she bowed to hide her face flushed with embarrassment, "A-Annyeonghaseyo..." she immediately poked Joohyun on her side with her elbow and gave her a whisper, "where the hell is Minseok? He should be here with me!" Meanwhile, the people in front of her talked to one another.

Are they seriously talking about me in front of me? So much for respect. She thought.

Joohyun completely ignored her nagging.

"Anyways, there's Park Jimin." The said guy with a guitar on his lap smiled at her, saying hello afterwards. Chorong only gave him a nod.

Then, her eyes shifted to the girl. "Kang Seulgi." She stood up and shook Chorong's hands enthusiastically. She reeked of alcohol, of course. "Why, hello, you beautiful lady! Welcome to paradise!" Also, apparently drunk. Chorong smiled sheepishly.

Joohyun laughed at her actions, letting Seulgi sit on the sofa again. She went back to the introductions and smiled sweetly at the guy looking at her directly in the eyes. "And Kim Taehyung."

"Hey." He looked at Chorong only for a brief second before his eyes are back on Joohyun again.

Chorong scrunched her nose while looking at the two. "Ah, love, very magical."

"Ohhh!" Seulgi cheered, suddenly extremely excited. She slapped Jimin's arm playfully, the guitar almost falling from his grip. "I told you they are in love with each other! Even Chorong-ssi could see it!"

Joohyun's face turned pink in an instant. "Will you stop that? Anyways, where are the others?" She asked, trying to change the subject, which was a success.

"Probably having fun down there." Jimin flicked his head towards the direction of the swimming pool on the ground floor.

Wait...

Chorong was definitely slow. She only realized it now. How could she not notice that Joohyun was in love with someone else? She tsk'ed, yet actually relieved because... the plan? Everything? Abort mission. It was all a misunderstanding.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter