Fun

A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FUN | 11

"Why Myeongdong out of all places?!" Chorong questioned.

Junmyeon, amused once again of her facial expressions, quickly replied, "first, cheap food. Second, people wouldn't be able to follow us and take pictures again. Lastly, because I drove you here. I'll let you take a bus if you hate it here so much."

She rolled her eyes at him, "Wow, thanks," then fell silent all of a sudden. "Uh, wait... did you think you're a celebrity now? Just because of that one picture?" He nodded without hesitation. Chorong simply scoffed at him.

"Whatever... let's just eat." She took a few steps forward but Junmyeon held her wrist to stop her for a simple question. "Before that, what's your favorite food?"

"Is that important?" Chorong asked while tilting her head to the side to which he nodded again. "Well, I do know a place and I usually go there with Joohyun..."

Before Junmyeon even knew it, they were already inside a restaurant where they serve chicken feet. He was staring at all the people stuffing food in their mouth with their plastic gloved hands and he was beyond surprised. Chorong said a few more words to the waiter before he finalized their order... more like her order since Junmyeon didn't even know what to eat. "You'll love the food here, it's the best in Myeongdong!" She squealed in excitement as the waiter left their table.

"Woah, I've never seen you this happy." He laughed a bit. Chorong felt her cheeks get hot when he noticed her become so... comfortable with him, so she quickly switched the topic. "I'm not gonna pay for this, okay? You promised you'd treat me. Don't take back your words!"

He thought on her words for a while. "Technically, I didn't promise you. But yes," he took out his wallet from the back pocket of his jeans and flashed his credit card to her with two of his fingers, "I'll pay for everything." Junmyeon grinned, not realizing that he's practically bragging his money.

She moved her eyes upwards, clearly annoyed at him now. "I wasn't irritated at you for a while until you did that."

He cleared his throat and sheepishly hid his credit card back to his wallet. "I didn't mean to."

"Yeah, sure..."

After a few minutes of silence and awkwardness, the waiter came back with a tray full of food: a bowl of chicken feet and rice, a considerable amount of side dishes, and two bottles of beer. He also put down a pitch of water and two shot glasses before thanking them and leaving as soon as another customer called for him. "Time to dig in!" Chorong shouted moderately while putting on the plastic gloves.

Junmyeon only stared at her while she started gobbling on the food as if she's been starving for three days now. She saw that immediately, so she quickly asked him what's wrong.

"N-Nothing. I'm not really hungry... I'll just drink this, so you go on ahead and eat everything." He poured the alcohol on his shot glass before drinking it all.

She squinted at him. "You're suspicious." He shook his head instantly with his eyes wide. "Don't tell me... you don't know how to eat chicken feet?!" He spat the drink from his mouth while facing the side, thankfully. Chorong got a good laugh at that, wishing she recorded his expression on video with her phone. "You really don't?!"

"I—" He was cut off before even forming a proper sentence.

"Don't even talk, young man. Let me teach you." Chorong chuckled again, seeing his nervous face for the first time. "Well, first you have to wear the gloves. We don't want your rich hands getting stained by the sauce, do we?" She assisted him with wearing the plastic gloves, holding his hands firmly.

Instead of looking at their hands, he instinctively observed her face, thinking she actually looks rather... cute.

Once worn, Chorong got a chicken foot from the bowl and put it on his palm; she also grabbed one for herself. "So, to eat this you just have to... devour it. Think of it like it's a corn on a cob." She demonstrated it to him and when she was finished, she had some sauce on . "And yes, you get like this while eating it, but it's delicious so it's worth it," She stated after noting his stare and she eventually wiped the sauce with some tissue.

She raised her head up, "Your turn, rich man."

Junmyeon hesitantly did what she did and it was probably the best thing that happened in his day. His mouth exploded with a million different spices from the sauce of the chicken, and the meat itself was mind-blowing. "Okay, you weren't kidding when you said this is delicious."

She clicked her fingers as soon as he said that. "It's better after drinking." Chorong tipped the bottle of beer to his shot glass and motioned for him to drink it. He sighed in delight after drinking. "Told you."

They spent lunch time together and were inside the restaurant for an hour, with some quick chat and jokes to go with eating. Junmyeon learned that Chorong stayed at China for a while before finally moving back to South Korea... and that she has a third-degree black belt in hapkido. After hearing that, he wasn't sure if he should keep annoying her like usual. He's terrified of when Chorong will finally burst out her anger at him. He might not be able to walk for a while when that happens... just thinking about it gives him chills.

After eating wholeheartedly and Junmyeon paying the bill, they exited the restaurant and stood on the sidewalk side by side, not knowing what to do.

"What now?" Junmyeon asked, "do you want to go to an amusement park or something?"

She simply shrugged her shoulders. "You can do that alone. Now I want to study for midterms next week, so goodbye!" Her heels turned to walk the other direction, but alas, he grabbed her wrist again to stop her. "Why do you keep doing that?" She asked with her brows furrowed.

"Because you keep going a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter