Chapter one

They never know [hiatus]

Jongdae did have a list.

“You’re kidding me,” Baekhyun frowned at the paper in Jongdae’s hands. “I’m struggling to even think of one guy, and here you come with twenty two?”

Clearly amused, Jongdae just chuckled at his disapproving tone.

“It’s not that hard to find potential boyfriends for you, Baek, believe it or not. You've got, uh... a beautiful heart,” he said, although his eyes were meaningfully tracing Baekhyun’s petite build and fluffy blond hair instead of focusing on his eyes. Uncomfortable with the things his friend was implying, Baekhyun squirmed in his seat with a deeper frown. Jongdae grinned.

"So cute."

Baekhyun was about to tell Jongdae they're not friends anymore when an unimpressed Kyungsoo appeared, cutting his outburst off before it even began, and plopped onto the seat beside the blond. He half-smiled at Baekhyun, not even sparing Jongdae a look, and then proceeded to take a bite of his sandwich.

Baekhyun loved his best friend.

“So, are we going to go through that now?” Kyungsoo asked, pointing at the list. 

"Yeah, we're going to," Jongdae told him, eyeing his sandwich. "Hey, is that homemade? Can I have some?"

Kyungsoo raised his middle finger at him. Jongdae grumbled about him being an unfriendly , and straightened the list grumpily.

“You ready, Baek?” he asked, raising the piece of paper in front of his eyes.

Suddenly feeling his muscles tense up, Baekhyun hesitantly nodded, ruffling his blond hair to mask how uncomfortable he really felt. He still was worried about this fake dating deal or whatever his friends wanted to call it. There were too many questions unanswered, too many what ifs, and if there was one thing Baekhyun could not stand dealing with in his life, it was uncertainty. 

“Stop worrying, Baekhyun, I can see the way your fingers are shaking. This isn’t a life or death question, buddy. You can always just try, and if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out.” Jongdae told him, poking his elbow.

Baekhyun hid his fingers under the table and nodded again. He wished everything was this simple in his head.

“Okay. Looks like we should begin so that Baekhyun stops freaking out. So I tried to pick the guys that would make most sense,” Jongdae tapped his fingers on the piece of paper with a thoughtful expression. “Good looking, nice,and helpful."

"You're just bragging now."

"I actually have half of the basketball team’s names here, Kyungsoo. That's worth bragging about.”

Kyungsoo looked pleasantly surprised and Baekhyun frowned.

“Basketball team? You do know that they're the most popular students in this university, right? Why would they even waste time doing something like this..."

“They would, Baek, because they're nice people, and you're cute,” his friend winked at him, laughing when Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “And it's even better to fake date one of them, precisely because they're popular. Those weaklings admirers of yours won’t even dare to go against basketball team."

Kyungsoo patted Baekhyun’s shoulder, clearly agreeing with Jongdae.

“I’d actually only consider the basketball players. All three of us are vocal majors, and dating somebody from the Music department would be... complicated. We usually just hang out with the same people, and it'd be suspicious if you started dating somebody nobody’s even seen you talk to. Especially our coursemates would feel like something's not quite right.”

“And it’s not suspicious for me to all of a sudden date a basketball player, Soo?” Baekhyun asked, raising an eyebrow at his friend. “That just happens?”

“Yes, it happens, because basketball team guys usually keep their relationships private at the beginning stages," Kyungsoo responded patiently. "You know Kris, he was seeing Tao outside university for months before everybody learned about them. You and your fake boyfriend can pretend you did the same thing, if anybody cares enough to ask why you only came out now.”

Baekhyun buried his face into his hands.

“This is so complicated and confusing,” he breathed out, feeling all the bad possibilities and threats overwhelm him one by one. “I feel like we’re gonna get caught on the first day, and I’m going to die of embarrassment.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, putting his arm around Baekhyun.

“It’s going to be fine,” he told him gently. “Baek, we just want you to get over this, and this is a way to try. So let's try. But the second you decide it doesn’t work, I’ll personally help you to get out of that fake relationship, even if I have to kill the guy to get rid of him.”

Jongdae shuddered. 

Baekhyun took a deep breath, letting himself think about it for a second. He wanted to try this. He wanted to stop the shivers that ran through his skin when he thought of kissing someone, or the need to get away when he saw another person look at him with affection. Even if this ends up failing, it still couldn't be worse than feeling so afraid all the time. And at the same time secretly wishing, needing the feelings that he was so afraid of.

“Okay,” Baekhyun said silently, leaning closer to Kyungsoo. “I trust you.”

Kyungsoo nodded, ruffling Baekhyun's hair, and turned to Jongdae.

“So, who can we choose from?”

Jongdae looked at the list again, taking a sip of his orange juice. 

“Kim Jongin is the first name I wrote down. He’s the captain of the basketball team, good looking, tall, although a bit unusual.”

Kyungsoo instantly shook his head, frowning.

“How did you even think of writing down Kim Jongin? He's the weirdest guy in this building, have you ever even seen him talk to someone?”

“Maybe he just doesn't like people in this school,” Jongdae shrugged, but still crossed Kim Jongin from the list. “If you're so against him, we have Oh Sehun. He’s the blond guy in defense, tall and very pale.”

“I’ve seen the way he looks at Luhan. I don't think he wants to pretend to be taken right now.”

“Luhan?” Jongdae asked him, eyes full of curiosity. “Luhan is a vocal major too. Folks from other departments gonna say that we steal away all the hottest guys.”

“That’s their problem. Next."

“Okay, if Sehun’s really out, the our next guy is Park Chanyeol. He’s the center, tall guy with huge ears. Also barely talks.”

Baekhyun pulled away from Kyungsoo’s shoulder, looking at Jongdae with obvious curiosity in his almond shaped eyes.

“I’ve never heard that name before. He plays in the center?”

“Yeah, he does. But Chanyeol’s… he’s kinda quiet. Usually passes by unnoticed. He doesn’t have many friends, but I’ve heard he’s really nice. Like, he helps out classmates and teachers often, and does voluntary work outside school. Good kid.”

“Is he bad looking, then?” Kyungsoo asked suspiciously. “It’s weird that he’s not as popular as other people from the basketball team. There has to be something wrong with him.”

“No, he just prefers to be left alone. Relatable sometimes, really,” Jongdae said, glaring at a guy nearby, who was openly staring at Baekhyun. “It’s not that he’s a , he just doesn’t talk much. That’s what I learned from Sehun, and he knows him well. They're best friends..”

Kyungsoo hmmed, considering everything he'd heard. Baekhyun put his elbows on the table and rested his face on them. From Jongdae’s explanations, Park Chanyeol sounded like a decent guy. Not that Baekhyun had much knowledge about who would agree to fake date somebody and who wouldn't.

“I think this guy is a good choice,” Kyungsoo concluded, throwing a look at Baekhyun. “He sounds like a nice person. Him not being chatty is a good thing, too, since we don’t need twenty people knowing details of your relationship."

“I thought so, too. What do you say, Baek?” Jongdae asked, and both him and Kyungsoo turned their heads to him, eyes expectant.

Baekhyun really didn't know, though. Being indecisive was one of his worst flaws. But what if Chanyeol says no? What if he tells other people? What if Baekhyun will become the laughing stock of the whole school because of this idea, that he wasn’t even sure would make something better?

“It’s going to be fine, Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo squeezed his hand.

Baekhyun looked at him and at Jongdae, still anxious, but knowing he didn't really have a choice. He just had to trust his friends. And Park Chanyeol, too. Even though they didn't know each other, and putting his trust into someone whom he didn't know was scary, too.

He just hoped he wouldn't regret it.

“Okay," he breathed out. "Let's do it."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

58

 

59

 

60…

 

61...

 

Chanyeol could feel sweat trickling down his back, down his neck and tired arms, but he kept pulling himself up. He was gripping onto the metal bar with all the strength he had left, feeling his muscles ache more and more as his whole body protested against the furious exercise, but he was not going to stop here.

 

62...

 

63...

 

“Hey Park, that’s enough,” he heard the trainer Ahn call, but ignored it. He could still do a few pull-ups, if not ten.

 

64...

 

65...

 

Just one more...

 

But that one more always became another one, and another one, till he came back to counting instead of telling himself there's only one left. Chanyeol needed to keep going, even if it hurt and no matter how hard it was- if he stopped now, it would have felt like he didn't reach the number he could have reached, and as if he didn't try hard enough, and Chanyeol despised that feeling. He would rather crawl home, unable to use his arms for days, than feel like he failed something again.

He pulled himself up yet again, feeling his lungs ache for air, and went down again only to go for another pull up, another effort, when all of a sudden somebody grabbed at the back of his shirt and yanked him off the bar forcefully. Chanyeol stumbled at the force of the pull, but luckily managed to keep his balance, landing on the heels of his feet. 

now he can feel his muscles ache for real. Sehun's going to kill him.

“Didn’t trainer Ahn just say it was enough?” his older brother hissed to his face, pulling Chanyeol out from his thoughts.

The younger cleared his throat. "I didn't hear it, but it won't happen again, trainer Park."

“You think you’re so cool, Park Chanyeol,” his brother pushed him, making his back collide with the wall behind him. “If we tell you to stop, it means you have to stop. How many times do I have to tell you that before it gets to your stubborn head? ing loser.”

Chanyeol didn’t look into his eyes, didn't respond to that. He knew half of the gym dropped their workouts and was now staring at them, and he wasn't going to give them a show.

"Hey, trainer Park, it's not a big deal," trainer Ahn said kindly, walking over to where they stood. "The boy was just too immersed in what he was doing, and didn't hear me. Let him off this time."

Chanyeol bowed his head at the older male, using this excuse to turn away from his brother. Probably iritated that he can't cuss him in front of the elder, Chanhyeok took a deep breath and bowed at the older trainer as well, murmuring I'm sorry for his behavior, this will not happen again. When the trainer walked away, he turned back to throw a hateful glare at Chanyeol.

“Get the out of here,” he spat.

Without a moment of hesitance, Chanyeol grabbed his jersey from the ground and left the scene, not sparing his brother another look. He didn't look at anyone who passed him by, ignoring anyone who whispered or stared at him as he walked out. He was used to that, used to knowing that all of his classmates know him as the guy whom his own brother hates, and the one student their trainer would gladly hang on the bar forever and leave to die. Thst was no news.

Since his second year in the university, everybody knew that the usually nice trainer would angrily mock Chanyeol and make fun of his efforts, make him train really hard even if he was one of the most athletic and best-performing students. Nobody knew why he hated the younger so much. Including Chanyeol.

Chanyeol walked into the showers, pulling the sweat drenched t-shirt over his head and throwing it to the ground. He never showed any emotions whenever his brother bothered him, but once he was by himself, he couldn’t help but feel so hopelessly angry and sick of everything. He didn’t do anything to deserve this, he never asked for any of this. He never expected his brother, who hated him since he was born, to come work at his university, he never chose this university or this major in order to keep being around him. It wasn’t like he was the one following him around, Chanyeol was here first.

But it didn't matter. Things were as they were, and he couldn't change anything. In order to get himself together and calm down, Chanyeol made himself take a few deep breaths, and forced the thoughts of his brother out of his head. He let the cold water run over his head, concentrating on the way it gently trickled all over his tired body, slowly washing away the sweat and bad emotions as droplets fell to the ground and disappeared into the drain.

Once he got out of shower, Chanyeol quickly changed into his red basketball shirt and shorts, making sure to tie the straps of his sneakers. He fixed the shirt, staring at the big white number four on his back and his name, written across his shoulders.

He was not going to let his brother ruin basketball for him. Whatever he does, however hard he tries, he won't.

Determined, he grabbed his jersey and walked out of the locker room.

After the basketball practice and another shower, Chanyeol was stuffing his jersey back into his backpack when Sehun burst in through the door, his shoelaces untied and his hair all messy.

“What happened to you?” Chanyeol asked, tilting his head. “You missed the basketball practice. Trainer Kim was furious, man.”

“Hyung,” Sehun stopped in front of him and bent his knees, panting. ”Oh my god, hyung, you’re gonna die when you hear this.”

Used to Sehun being overly dramatic, Chanyeol just reached out his water bottle for his best friend and leaned his back against the lockers, watching him drink.

“Now that I think of it, Jongin wasn’t there today, either. Did he drag you into some funny business?”

“No, Yeol, he doesn’t matter now,” throwing the half-empty bottle onto the benches, Sehun shook his head. “What matters now is that Byun Baekhyun’s best friends are looking for you.“

Startled by the sudden news, Chanyeol widened his eyes. Byun Baekhyun's friends? Looking for him?

“Did they say what they wanted from me?” 

“Don’t pretend like you don’t care, you , it’s Byun Baekhyun! The dude you’ve been crushing on for ages!”

Chanyeol could feel his cheeks flushing.

“It’s not him who's looking for me, it’s his friends, so calm down, Sehun ah."

“Screw calming down. He must have told them he’s interested in you, because they are trying to get you guys to meet. Why else would they be asking me what kind of person you are, if you’re nice? And why else would they want to talk to you out of nowhere?”

Chanyeol shook his head. Sehun was being ridiculous again. The fact that Baekhyun's friends were looking for him didn't mean that Baekhyun all of a sudden remembered ever meeting him. And it didn't mean that he liked Chanyeol either. Sehun would call him a pessimist douche for thinking that way, but being optimistic and confident was never Chanyeol's forte. 

Hope for Baekhyun to ever remember him, even more so to like him back, had never even crossed his mind.

As if he could hear his thoughts, Sehun threw him a glare.

“They want to meet you after class at the campus coffee shop. And hyung, you’re going.”

Chanyeol leaned back against the lockers, looking at Sehun.

“I don't know, Sehun ah.”

“Come on, it’s your chance,” Sehun took a step closer, putting his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder. “It’s your chance to finally meet Byun Baekhyun again. I’m one hundred percent sure he finally noticed you now, hyung. Just trust me.”

 

 

 

 

 

In the end, Chanyeol ended up deciding to go. It was not only because of the death glares Sehun gave him everytime he seemed to be even a little bit hesitant, but also because he couldn’t get the thought of talking to Baekhyun again out of his head.

What in the world could his friends want from him?

“Hyung, don’t tell me you’re going like this,” Sehun facepalmed, when Chanyeol pulled his gray hoodie over his head and ruffled his chestnut hair. “What if Baekhyun’s there and sees you like this? You look so... sloppy."

Chanyeol looked at the mirror, eyeing his washed out jeans, baggy hoodie and tousled hair.

“I don’t want to pretend to be anything I’m not, Sehun ah, no matter if Baekhyun is or isn't there,” he shrugged his shoulders, bending down to tie the shoelaces of his red sneakers. 

 He saw Sehun tilting his head and heaving a sigh, but he didn’t say anything back.

After saying bye to Sehun, Chanyeol walked out of the gym and headed towards the coffee shop with a fuzzy feeling in his heart and shaky hands. He tried to walk confidently, as if nothing was bothering him, but as he walked further he kept his lips nervously, and the thoughts in his head were nowhere near calm and collected. He was pretty much freaking out.

When he finally walked into the coffee shop, Chanyeol looked around, his fingers shaking awfully because of nervousness. He ruffled his hair, trying not to look so tense, so awkward.

“Hey, Chanyeol! Over here!” he heard someone call him, and turned around to see Kim Jongdae wave at him with a big smile.

He didn’t know much about Baekhyun’s friends; he’d only see them whilst passing by, or when he was standing at the side whilst Sehun talked to Jongdae. He knew that Baekhyun mostly only hangs out with Kim Jongdae and Do Kyungsoo, but he never had the chance to meet them since their majors were different, and also because they were not exactly hanging out with the same people. Chanyeol mostly only talked to Jongin and Sehun whilst those three had friends all over the campus. 

Kim Jongdae sat him down at the table, on the seat in front of Do Kyungsoo, and sat down next to his smaller friend. Jongdae was still smiling and looked pretty relaxed, while Kyungsoo clearly wasn't. He was straight up staring Chanyeol down with his big eyes, no smile on his heart shaped lips, or any kind of friendly gesture  towards him in general. Chanyeol squirmed in his seat, uncomfortable.

“Hi…” he greeted, using the excuse of putting down his backpack to look away from Kyungsoo’s owl like eyes.

Jongdae turned over and frowned, elbowing Kyungsoo.

“Stop staring at him like that, you’re scary,” Chanyeol heard him hiss.

Kyungsoo coughed and tried to smile, but the muscles of his cheeks were so tense it appeared more like a grimace than an actual smile. Chanyeol leaned back and laced his fingers together on his lap, almost regretting coming here, and secretly wishing he could disappear fromt the face of Earth at this very moment.

“We’ve met before, right?” Jongdae asked him, smiling friendly. “Here and there.”

“Yeah, we have. You're Sehun's friend."

“Right. Listen, Chanyeol, I know our friendship is not really at the level to be asking favors, but…” Jongdae’s smile faded away. “We kinda need your help.”

“Our friend needs it, to be specific,” Kyungsoo added, looking at him seriously. "He's in a bit of a situation."

Chanyeol took a shaky breath.

“Who?..” he asked nervously, feeling like he already knew the answer.

“His name is Baekhyun," Jongdae confirmed his thoughts. “We felt like it would be easier if we’d explain the situation to you before you two meet, in case, you know, you don’t feel like helping us out.”

Chanyeol slowly nodded, feeling all kinds of emotions rush through him.

“So, the thing is, Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo leaned in, placing his elbows on the table and staring into Chanyeol’s eyes. “Our friend, Baekhyun, has a fear of commitment. That's why he never dates anyone. It's like a phobia, that makes him feel endangered and gives him anxiety.”

"It's not easy for him, though," Jongdae sighed. "Baekhyun's really affectionate, and he needs attention. But not the kind of attention he has now, from people he barely knows, and people who are trying to pursue him without any care for his feelings or his fear. We don't need him to get hurt because of people like that. But we do, however, want him to understand that dating someone is not as scary as his mind is convinced it is."

“So we thought we could put an end to it by asking someone – you – if you perhaps could pretend to be Baekhyun’s boyfriend for a while. Just till the end of this semester. If the people who go after him know that he’s dating you, they’ll leave him alone. And hopefully after being in a relationship with you, where neither of you have feelings for each other, might help Baekhyun to get over his fear, too.”

Chanyeol leaned back, his head spinning. So that was what they wanted from him? A relationship where they had no feelings for each other.  

“Just don’t feel pressured, Chanyeol,” Jongdae added quickly, misunderstanding the hollow look on his face. “You’re free to say no. We will understand.”

But Kyungsoo looked at him hopefully, Jongdae was staring too, and both of them having these trusting looks on their faces made even a bigger mess out of Chanyeol's heart and mind.

“Can I… think about it?” he asked slowly, trying to hide his emotions.

“Yeah, sure!” Jongdae nodded, quickly turning around and pulling out a piece of paper. “I’ll write down both of our numbers here, okay? You can just text us your decision after you make it.”

Chanyeol nodded, looking at the table, trying not to think, not to feel right now. But , this hurt. His heart was being torn to pieces without anyone even knowing about it.

Of course, it all made sense now. The question of why Baekhyun, the most beautiful guy in all school , never dated had always been on Chanyeol’s mind. Now he finally got an answer, and although it wasn’t as bad as he imagined it, being told this still . No feelings for each other.

He wanted to be angry, at Sehun, at Baekhyun, at Baekhyun’s friends. But as seconds passed, and he only felt sad. Disappointed with himself.

“I’ll text you then,” he muttered, grabbing the piece of paper hastily and standing up. He slung the backpack over his shoulder and quickly made his way across the coffee shop, yearning to get out of there as quick as possible.

But life played cruel jokes on him. As soon as he stepped out of the coffee shop, he came face to face with Baekhyun, who was holding a stash of books to his chest. He looked absolutely adorable with round glasses on his button nose, loose pink sweater covering frame, and his fluffy blonde hair falling all over his forehead. He threw Chanyeol a curious look, probably wondering why this lanky dude was blocking the entrance for him and not moving away like a normal person would.

Chanyeol was indeed staring, wanting to say something to him, but also just waiting for Baekhyun to say something first. Maybe tell him that he remembers, and help him stop feeling so ty about himself.

“Uhm, sorry?” Baekhyun gave him a hesitant smile, taking a small step towards the door he was standing in front of.

Chanyeol’s heart dropped again.

He stepped away from the door, leaving Baekhyun behind him looking a bit puzzled. He rushed to get away, not throwing another glance at the smaller blond’s direction.

He didn’t think he could do this. He was bad at lying, bad at making up stuff and pretending in general. This would be a massive fail, he was sure of it.

And he was in love with Byun Baekhyun.

.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

After taking Baekhyun home and telling him all the details of their talk with Chanyeol, Kyungsoo went back home feeling really tired and drained of energy. It wasn’t every day that he had to ask strangers for help with his best friend’s love life, and it was no surprise he felt exhausted, and that his brain felt overworked. He definitely needed some rest.

After coming in through the door, greeting his mom and toddler younger brother, Kyungsoo quickly went upstairs and closed the room of his door. He laid down on his bed with a heavy sigh, resting his hand on his forehead.

Park Chanyeol seemed like a nice guy, he thought. He was very different from what he imagined him to be like. To be honest, Kyungsoo never expected him to be this tall or this handsome, because he still was very convinced that an unpopular basketball player in this school had to have some major flaws to be that way. But this guy seemed normal, a bit hard to read, a bit clumsy (he tripped over his feet whilst walking out of the coffee shop), but nothing too bad.

Also, Kyungsoo didn’t want to admit that, but he found Chanyeol just a little bit attractive, too. His big eyes, deep voice, messy brown hair and height all were features Kyungsoo always had a weak spot for. Chaneyol seemed to be nervous all the time they were talking, and constantly confident Kyungsoo found that strangely adorable. For someone this intimidating looking, with him hovering above them and being stronger than him and Jongdae together to be so nervous over a simple talk was really cute.

Kyungsoo shook his head. What the hell was he thinking? This guy was going to be Baekhyun's fake boyfriend.

He pushed the weird thoughts out of his head and his side, considering getting a short nap before dinner, when his phone started buzzing. Kyungsoo picked it up and looked at the text tiredly.

 

From: Unknown

Hi, this is Park Chanyeol. The guy from today? Uh, I just wanted to say I decided to help you.
 

 

 

 

Forgetting everything he just told himself, Kyungsoo smiled. It wasn't his fault Chanyeol was so cute.

 

 

 

 

To: Unknown

Great ^^ I’ll introduce you guys tomorrow, then. Sleep well, Chanyeol ah~
And thanks.

 

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo?” he heard his mother call from downstairs.

Dropping his phone back to the bed, Kyungsoo lazily stood up, dragging himself downstairs.

“Yeah?”

“I ran out of sesame oil,” she smiled at him sorrily. “Could you run over to the store and grab some for me?”

Kyungsoo, despite feeling tired, nodded.

“Is there anything else you need?”

“No, dear, only that. Thank you.”

Kyungsoo threw on his jacket, grabbed his wallet and was about to head outside when he felt his brother tug at his jeans.

"Me too, hyung," he demanded.

Kyungsoo sighed, grabbing his little coat from the hanger and kneeling to get his brother dressed. He knew there was no point in arguing, it would only make his brother cry and his mom would not be happy about that.

A few minutes later, he and Haneul were walking down the street, Kyungsoo gripping his brother's small hand in his to make sure he doesn't run away. The store was by no means close to their house. The closest one was the one near their university campus. Kyungsoo really hated the thought of running into someone he knows with a bottle of sesame oil in his hand and his toddler brother at his hip, but there wasn’t much he could do about it. It didn’t make sense to go somewhere far for a bottle of oil. And either way, classes were over by now, so he shouldn’t run into anyone there if he was lucky enough.

Kyungsoo and Haneul reached the campus quite fast because they were awfully cold. Both of them shivering in the harsh winter wind, Kyungsoo stopped Haneul to wrap his own scarf around his neck to protect him from the cold. Even though it wasn’t that late yet, just a quarter past seven, the sky was completely dark. Kyungsoo fastened his pace, wanting to get them both home as soon as possible.

They were passing the campus and the faculty of Sports as a shortcut to get to the store faster, when something caught Kyungsoo's attention. There was someone in the basketball court this late, doing something he couldn't really see. Kyungsoo stopped to get a better look.

It was a boy, tall and slender, and he was dancing. His movements were fluid, fast but graceful, matching with the faint sounds of the music that was hard to hear from this far away. Kyungsoo couldn’t really see who it was. He stopped and squinted, trying to see the dancer’s face, but the boy was moving too fast for him to make out his features.

And then he saw Haneul, running off towards the boy in the speed of lightning.

"Haneul, come back here!" Kyungsoo shouted, his heart dropping to his stomach.

The boy turned around at that very moment, locking eyes with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo froze.

Of all people, he had to be Kim Jongin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 

Roald Dahl

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note

Hey~ It's been a while.

I'm sorry it took me forever to update. Editing this chapter was a torture. Do you know the feeling when you read something you wrote in the past, and think to yourself - what the hell was that. That's awful. That's exactly what I was going through with this chapter. T.T
But now that I'm done with it, I feel so much better, freed if that makes sense. :D  I'm excited to keep writing this story, and hopefully I can update more regularly from now on without getting stuck like this. Also, I'm so thankful for all of you subscribing, commenting and even upvoting, although this story just began. You guys are the best <3
Hoping to see you soon with chapter 2~

Lots of love <3333