Hurt Only Until Today

Tiamo

 

6 girls are all looking at the sheet of paper. That sheet of paper is supposed to be their schedule for the month. They were all looking at it knowing that their days ahead are going to be exhausting but nevertheless all the girls are excited. Besides, they have been doing this for like 7 years so they are used to their killer schedules.

“I guess this is going to be a series of late night sleep.”

“Diet and workout…”

“But then again, this is what we’ve all been preparing for. Our comeback.”

“Neh!” All the girls agree to this statement. T-ara missed performing for their Korean fans.

Their manager came in and asked, “Any questions about your schedules?”

All the girls shook their heads.

“Jinja? No complaining or whining?” The manager teased.

Again the girls shook their heads.

“I guess you’ve all proven that you are seniors. You’ve all matured.” The manager teased again. He knew very well what these girls have been through and that these girls are thirsty for their comeback especially their comeback in Korea. They have worked hard to be able to achieve success only to be taken away and shoved away because of one incident. But these girls never gave up and thus their bond became stronger and they worked even harder aiming to get back the success that was taken away from them. Their hard work paid off as T-ara is very famous in China, Japan and other Asian countries. And now they are preparing for a bigger challenge which is their comeback in Korea.

“You are right Oppa. We’ve matured so we are not going to whine or complain… Instead, we are asking for a vacation or holiday.” Soyeon stated.

It was the manager’s turn to shake his head. The girls did matured but they are still the same. “Arasso, we’ll see what we can do.”

All the girls cheered.

“Okay okay. You all know about the concept right? Not much changes in your positions. Though, Hyomin, Jiyeon.” Tha manager called the attention of the two maknaes. Hyomin is sitting beside Qri while Jiyeon is beside Eunjung.

“Neh?” Both answered.

“The fans have been asking, no requesting, no…the fans have been wanting to see Minyeon so why don’t we give them some. You don’t have to be all lovey dovey all the time. Subtle moments are fine. Aye?”

Jiyeon and Hyomin looked at each other. The other girls also looked at the two.

“Okay” Hyomin answered professionally.

Jiyeon thought it was going to be awkward and all but no. Hyomin answered immediately like it was ok. Well what was not to be ok? In the first place, it’s not like they are arguing… it’s just that they are not as close as before. And it is all because of Jiyeon. Yes, Jiyeon blames herself for placing this wall/ distance between them. Jiyeon sighed inwardly. “Arasso, Oppa.” Jiyeon followed.

“Great! All good then.” The manager said completely satisfied with the meeting.

“Oppa, you promised… our vacation.” Hyomin reminded.

“Ayy… arasso arasso.”

Hyomin glanced at Jiyeon and smiled. Jiyeon smiled back.

“I guess you girls will need to talk and plan on this subtle Minyeon moments?” Boram asked.

“Aniyo, we’ll just do it spontaneously. The fans will know if it’s is planned or scripted anyway. Right, Jiyeon ah?” Hyomin replied while looking at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon was caught slightly off guard, “Neh, I agree. We’ll do it spontaneously.” Jiyeon agreed though she was looking forward to spending time more time with Hyomin and planning their “subtle Minyeon moments.” She was a bit disappointed but still she was thankful to their manager and especially the fans for requesting Minyeon moments. She kind of hated the current set up- Hyomin is beside Qri while she is beside Eunjung.

 

--

 

There were a series of interviews before their preparation. Jiyeon was waiting for that spontaneous moment but nothing happened. It is always the same position! Hyomin is a few feet away from her. Whenever they will switch position, still there will be someone or 2 or even 4 in between them!

“Okay how about we switch the position again.” The director said. “Jiyeon, Eunjung, move over to the other side of Soyeon.” Jiyeon was a bit excited thinking that she will be photographed beside Hyomin but… “Hyomin move to the other side. Qri stay there.” So Jiyeon was beside Qri.

Jiyeon sighed. But it did not go unnoticed from Qri.

“Wae? Tired?” The leader asked the maknae.

Jiyeon shook her head.

But of course Qri knows the reason why. It’s not only Qri but all the unnies – Eunjung, Boram and Soyeon as well. Actually, all of them are on team Minyeon. Boram can be seen in some Minyeon moments, Eunjung is also a Minyeon shipper and so is Qri. Soyeon supports Minyeon as well not only because the SNSD girls keep giving her headaches for competing for Hyomin but because she knew how Hyomin and Jiyeon truly feels for each other even if they can be stupidly acting like they don’t.

“Do you like our concept?” Qri asked.

“I do like our pure innocent concept. I feel like we are a girl gourp… Like the other girl groups. Like SNSD.” Jiyeon answered.

Qri raised an eyebrow. “SNSD? So you want to be like SNSD eh? Waeyo? I wonder if it is because…” The leader teased. “Hey do you know that Jiyeon…”

“Unnie…” Jiyeon shushed Qri and at the same time hugging her.

Which resulted to this picture…

On the other side, Hyomin looked back to Jiyeon who was hugging Qri. Hyomin inwardly sighed as well… that could have been a chance for her and Jiyeon. Simply standing for a photo…Hyomin wondered if they will be natural or be awkward. But Hyomin has tried so hard to be professional in front of Jiyeon. When Jiyeon started dating that guy, when Jiyeon put a wall in between them, when the distance seemed to be getting wider and wider between her and Jiyeon, Hyomin did nothing but respected what the other girl wanted. It was clear to Hyomin that Jiyeon wanted space and she is no position to refuse that. Besides it’s not like they were together. So she buried her feelings for Jiyeon deep down. But these feeling keep on coming back no matter how she locked them away. She has been trying hard to neglect her own feelings whenever she sees Jiyeon. Ad so she tried to divert her attention. Surprisingly, she became close to all SNSD. Each of the members of SNSD kept on inviting her to hang out. There were times that it felt like a date but Hyomin would brush off the idea knowing it was impossible for an SNSD member to fall for her. (Yes, Hyomin is oblivious even though it was pretty obvious to everyone what each SNSD members’ intentions are especially for Soyeon who always gets a headache because of them.)  

--

Everytime Jiyeon was positioned to sit beside Hyomin she became ecstatic. Especially in this photo where she even save a copy for herself.

During a fan meeting, Jiyeon and Hyomin were both waiting for a Minyeon moment but they were on separate groups. Soyeon initiated by feeding Boram and so the rest follow suit and thus a Minyeon moment when Hyomin fed Jiyeon.

During Naver V Live, Boram decided to tease Jiyeon by sitting between Minyeon. Hyomin was holding the camera. Jiyeon was given the food and so she ate. Unknowingly, she fed Hyomin. Sso tried not to be distracted but Boram was not helping as the older girl was giggling nonstop.

--

“Hyomin unnie”

“Oh Jiyeon ah” Hyomin greeted the younger girl. “You managed to pull a Minyeon moment earlier while we were Live. That was great. Good job.”

“I only acted naturally.” Jiyeon confessed truthfully. She never had this chance to talk to Hyomin. Actually they always had a chance but neither of them took the chance. Now Jiyeon is not letting this chance go.

Hyomin smiled. “I always know that your variety skills are good.”

“Thank you but again I was not acting nor did I think there was a camera. I acted naturally.”

“Maybe that’s what the fans missed. That we are acting naturally. Mianhe Jiyeon ah. I will work harder.” Hyomin bowed and was going to walk away. It was getting awkward. Hyomin’s feelings were trying to resurfaced and she can’t control them if that happened so she decided to end the conversation and walk away.

“I’m the one who needs to apologize. Not you, Unnie.” Jiyeon said making the older girl stop and look at her. “I was the one who pushed you away. Mianhe. I was the one who made it awkward between us. Mianhe. I was the one who place a wall between us. Mianhe.”

Hyomin walked towards Jiyeon, “Jiyeon ah, don’t say that, it’s not all your fault. I could have done something but I didn’t. I only let this become worse. I thought I was doing you a favor but no I am just weak. I’m just afraid to lose you. I can’t lose anybody else…”

 “Unnie you are never going to lose me. I will never ever leave you. I’m sorry if I made you feel that way.”

Hyomin shook her head. “None of it is your fault Jiyeon ah. Mianhe, I’m showing my weak emotional side to you.”

“Unnie…”

“Unnie will work harder.” Hyomin smiled and walked away. Again she walked away. It’s the only way she knows how to deal with her feelings for Jiyeon. Hyomin will face any problem head on but with her feelings, she chooses to hide them and walk away.

 

--

 

Jiyeon, Hyomin and Eunjung arrived to shoot V Live Eating Show. They purposely arrived early to practice.

“Hyomin unnie, about the other night…” Jiyeon started.

“Jiyeon ah let’s act naturally and do our best.” Hyomin cheered obviously changing the topic.

“Neh.” Is all Jiyeon can say.

“Okay positions!” The director called. “It will be EunMinYeon” The director said shocking most of the staff. He gave a toothy grin and said, “Eunjung ssi, Hyomin sii in the middle and the Jiyeon ssi.”

“Unnie” Jiyeon called as they go to their positions.

“Neh?”

“Like I said, You’ll never lose me. I will always be here by your side.”

Hyomin was taken aback and she does not know what to say. “Thank you. Me too. Let’s go before Director nim scolds us.” Hyomin sat down and so did Jiyeon beside her.

“From now on Unnie, I will always be with you even if you try to walk away, I’ll follow you. So you can stop worrying about losing me.” Jiyeon confessed.

Hyomin turn to Jiyeon, “Ji, why are you telling me this now?”

“I am breaking the wall I build between us. I am removing the space I placed between us. I don’t want to act natural. I want to be naturally close to you like before.”

Hyomin is on the verge of tearing up.

“You two have the worst timing for making up. The shoot is about to start any second now.” Eunjung scolded. Eunjung sure has a story to share to the T-ara unnies.

“Mianhe.” The two bowed. Jiyeon leaned one more time to Hyomin and whispered, “I meant it.”

There was a time where Hyomin has to make a poem. She was almost teary eyed but it wasn’t because she was embarrassed or something but it was because of what Jiyeon said earlier. Jiyeon on the other hand has been extra sweet to Hyomin. Jiyeon will take any chance to say how cute Hyomin was, how pretty the girl was and she even took the chance to hug the embarrassed Hyomin.

 

After the shoot…

 

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being there with me and helping me throughout the shoot. Though what you said before the shoot caught me offguard but I’m glad that you and Eunjung were there to help.” Hyomin said.

It was silent again. They both have a lot to tell to each other. They both have so many questions to each other but… but… they do not know how to start.

Hyomin sighed. “We need to talk…”

“Yes we do…” Jiyeon agreed.

Though they both acknowledge that fact, no one bothered to start the conversation… Silence…

“Do you want me to break up with Donggun Oppa?” Jiyeon asked.

“That is not for me to decide, Jiyeon.” Hyomin answered.

“But clearly you have an opinion.”

“It does not matter what my opinion is.”

“It does. Cause who knows what could have been, what could happen.”

“Why are you putting this on to me? Will you break up with him if I said so?”

“Yes. I’ll do it if you say so.”

“Then no.” Hyomin answered. “I don’t want you to break up with him just because I said so. Ji it does not work that way.”

“Then what? I want us to be the way before but you said that you don’t want me to break up with Oppa. Then how can we be like before?”

“We don’t. I don’t want us to be like the way we were before.”

“Tsk. Why because you have the whole SNSD chasing after you?”

“Why are they even brought into this?”

“In case you don’t know, they are all trying to win you over and you refuse to see it but we all know it!”

“Don’t blame me just because you can’t make a decision with your own relationship. And what you wanted is obviously different to what I wanted. You wanted to bring us back to way we were before but I don’t want that anymore! What were we before? Friends? More than friends? Friends with special feelings? Ji what were we? We obviously have feelings for each other but we weren’t together. It’s complicated. And you want us to go back to the way we were before?”

“Hyomin ah…”

“When you decided to push me away and put that invisible wall between us, I was somewhat thankful. At least we’ve move pass that complicated stage. You’ve chosen a path and that path wasn’t me. And it hurts. Honestly, I am still hurting. No matter how I try to suppress this feeling… it hurts. But even if it hurts, I don’t want us to back the way we used to be. Mianhe , Jiyeon ah. I hope you be happy with your decisions.” Hyomin left crying.

“Mianhe…” Jiyeon was left alone crying. “I’m the one who’s weak. I am the one who is afraid to lose you in case we don’t work out. I’m afraid to take that risk. In the end I lost you…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

It was Christmas eve and T-ara were having dinner together. Jiyeon pulled Hyomin to some place private.

“Jiyeon?” Hyomin called. “What are you doing?”

“Mianhe.”

“Ji”

“I’m sorry for being weak. I was so afraid of taking the risk and losing you that I ended up pushing you away.”

“Jiyeon, what I said… I’m sorry I didn’t mean it. I…”

“Aniyo, you were right. I’m sorry for trying to make you decide for me. I’m weak and I lost you.”

“Stop saying you are weak cause you are not.”

“I am… to you I am weak” Jiyeon said tugging Hyomin’s heart. “But it doesn’t mean that I will not keep my promise?”

“What promise?”

“That you will never lose me. I intend to keep that promise.”

Hyomin hugged Jiyeon. “Thank you Jiyeon ah”

“But that doesn’t stop there.”

Hyomin realeased the hug and look at Jiyeon questioningly.

“I lost you… and I am going to win you over. It’s going to take some time so please wait for me.”

Hyomin opened to say something but was completely speechess.

“You’re right it was selfish of me to ask you to go back the way we used to be and honestly, it was not what I wanted either. It took me a long time before I realize what I wanted. And in the process I hurt you. I was hurting you. It ends today, all the hurting ends today. Hyomin ah, I wanted to be with you. And that’s why I am going to win you over. So I can be with you.”

Hyomin was crying. She never thought she’d hear those words from Jiyeon.

“Will you wait for me? Hyomin ah, will you please wait for me?”

Hyomin, whose tears can’t seem to stop, nodded repeatedly.

“Jinja?”

Nodded.

“Jinja? Jinja?”

“Neh!” Hyomin exclaimed.

Jiyeon hugged Hyomin.

 

 

 

 

---

A sequel and I hope you all like it! Haha! Inspired by the Minyeon moments.... ;D