the tickling wind, us laughing

a midsummer night's sweetness

Junhui/Jisoo. 456w.

It had been two weeks since Jisoo’s washing machine broke down, so it had been two weeks since Junhui’s apartment was engulfed with the faint scent of her fabric softener.

Jisoo was his neighbor, and honestly, he had been meaning to ask her out to coffee for over three months now but he never seemed to get the perfect time to ask her. So, when she told him that her washing machine was dead, he didn’t waste a second to offer her to use his washing machine, even insisted on it. He thought maybe he could ask her out while she was in his house.

Two weeks later and he still hadn’t done it.

Junhui had just gotten home after an audition when he received a text from Jisoo asking him if she could do her laundry today. Junhui dropped his backpack on the couch and sat on the armrest, replying to Jisoo with a yes, and not a minute after, there were three knocks on the door.

When he opened the door, Jisoo was smiling apologetically at him, a laundry basket at her side. They greeted each other before Junhui stepped aside to let her in.

“I’m so sorry,” Jisoo started, standing in the hallway waiting for Junhui to close the door. He shook his head as Jisoo continued, “The mechanic called me today, said he can come tomorrow. So, all this will end tomorrow, hopefully.”

Junhui smiled back at her and said, “That is, if he actually comes tomorrow,” with a laugh, because the mechanic had been saying that for two weeks. To be frank, he didn’t mind at all. His house had been smelling nicer and softer since Jisoo did her laundry there. After he was done with his current fabric softener, he was going to change to Jisoo’s brand.

Jisoo laughed and mumbled, “Hopefully,” before she walked to the balcony where the washing machine was located, Junhui following behind her, watching her ponytail moving from side to side.

Jisoo asked him about his audition as she was loading her clothes into the washing machine, and Junhui made a sad face when he told her that he didn’t think he got the part. Jisoo looked up at him, pouting, and Junhui in a breath. For a second, he couldn’t remember what they were talking about.

“Do you want to do your laundry too? I don’t have that much today,” Jisoo asked as she poured the detergent in. Junhui blinked. Mixing their laundry together? That sounded domestic. And boy, did he like the sound of it.

“Um, sure. Wait here,” he told her before literally dashing off towards the bathroom to get the laundry basket and he could hear Jisoo giggling behind him.