Final

Spider the beast

It was just sitting there, mocking me with its eight, tiny legs. It moved only occasionally, a sign that it felt safe in its new place. I wasn't quite sure what it was seeing through its eyes, but I was seeing a monster.

I jabbed my finger hard into Doyoung's shoulder, the cutie with orange hair, who sat in front of me. "Hey, Doyoung." I hissed. "Doyoung!" Of course, my voice was only the softest of whispers, but I would have liked to think it was more of a scream.

"What?" he asked. His body was straight in his seat, but his head was angled over his shoulder so that he could see me almost perfectly. "What is it?"

I bit my lip, grabbed my pencil, and pointed towards the beast who had its legs twitching…as if it were nervous. I hoped against all doubt that I was intimidating it with my stare. "It's just sitting there," I whispered. "Nobody's even noticing it. Can you kill it?"

He sighed, rolled his eyes, and shook his head. "It's too far away." In reality, the little beast was too close. It could have, if ever given the ability to jump, leaped right up and laid its eggs on the cloth of Doyoung's sneakers. Doyoung, of course, chose to ignore that little fact as he angled his head towards the front board. He flipped the page of his book only a few seconds later, a sign that he wasn't going to kill the monster.

"I hate you!" I hissed, keeping my voice as low as possible. "Now it's gonna kill us all!"

He ignored me with a casual shake of his head.

Usually, I was quite in class. I never once spoke to the kids who sat across from me and don't even get me started with the kids behind me. Especially in Science (the class of which I was currently in…of course). This time, though, I needed to make an exception. I needed to break from my shell, needed to spread my wings and fly, ok exaggerated just a little bit!

I leaned over, pencil once again in hand, and poked the arm of a very hot, basketball captain, Jung Jaehyun. Startled, he grabbed the pencil and yanked. Determined to hang on, I ended up sliding out of my seat. I brushed it off with a blush. "Sorry." I mumbled.

"Me to." He whispered, flashing a brilliant smile. He may have been an odd one, but he was quite a beauty. "Now, what can I do for ya?"

"I have a big favor!"

"Anything."

I took the point of my pencil and flicked my wrist to expose to his eyes: the beast. "You see, it's just sitting there, acting all innocent. I'm really afraid of spiders, and I was just wondering if you could kill it for me."

His smile widened the slightest bit. "Sorry babe, but I don't kill the innocent. Do it yourself."

I wanted to reach out, grab his gorgeous blonde locks, and just pull. I ended up smiling and inching back in my seat.

It looked like, no matter how I hated to admit it, the spider would break free. It looked as if though it were going to win the fight, the battle, the war. I had to admit, I had put up a good fight. I charged with a spear aimed high and a battle-ready heart. It just wasn't enough…

I squirmed in my seat while trying to read. I just couldn't take its beady little eyes staring at the world, my world! I barely turned a page, and the words were blurry and mashed together. I wished that I still had the test to focus on. I figured that the complicated chemical equations could have done something to keep me from thinking to much about the beast that danced at Doyoung's feet. But no, I had to be smart. I had to be an over-achiever and be one of the first ones done. Uhhh...

 

The person behind me stirred. I heard the rustle of papers, the click of a pen, and the sigh of one relieved Ten. He had finished the test with only a few minutes of class to spare. Lucky duck

I had had, since the seventh grade, the biggest, most complicated crush on the very same boy. The black haired hottie with the perfect smile. I blushed at the thought of him watching my frantic attempts at having "one of the innocent" destroyed under my influence.

He stood up, stretched, and began to walk the row. I could have sworn that there was a smile consuming his features, but I couldn't have been sure. Besides, what was there to smile about in the silence of a stressed Science class?

That's when it happened. The one thing that would only make me love that beautiful boy all the more.

He bent down, his skinny jeans squeezing just the perfect amount… Oh God! don't you dare fantasize! You’re in class! and placed his test on the floor. At this point, people were staring, so I figured it wouldn't hurt if I leaned over to get a better look.

The little, black, beast scuttled, without a worry, over Ten's perfect ,actually, it's a bit sloppy, handwriting. It didn't move an inch as Ten walked towards the window, opened it a crack, and let it free. My mouth fell open in shock.

Doyoung laughed; Jaehyun chuckled.

I kept my eyes on the blurred words of my chemistry book as Ten made his way back towards his seat. I didn't want him to think I was a spaz by thanking him, so I just kept silent.

He tapped my shoulder.

I spun around as casually as I could. His touch had me shaking already. "Yah?" I asked.

"You gonna thank me for slaying the dragon?" Ten asked, his voice calm and heightened with…was it pleasure?

"Um…thanks?"

"You seemed so excited when you asked Jaehyun." His eyes were pooling with what looked like hurt. "I just hoped to receive the same amount of energy."

I bowed my head and blushed. It was the only thing I could do. He had my tongue in knots. I did admire his bravery, though. I found him to be a lot like a knight rushing to slay the dragon for the rescue of the panicked princess.

"Fine then. I'll just have to make you talk."

Surprised, confused, and a bit excited, I raised my head to find the reason behind his words. Before I could properly comprehend the situation, his lips were on mine. I kept my eyes open with shock.

His lips were soft, warm, and the perfect fit to my own. I couldn't think of a time where a kiss held such a rush of electricity.

He was the one to end it. Bastard…

"I think you owe me a better reaction." Ten purred. He seemed anxious. He didn't want me to not like the kiss…

"I was…a bit surprised!" I gasped. "It's not every day that the boy behind you in almost ever class kisses you!"

"Ya, well, you better get used to it."

He leaned forward and kissed me. This time, I wasn't afraid to kiss back.