xiuchen- hopeless

Ficlet ery

Prompt: domestic xiuchen

 

🌺

 

If they were being right to the normal social norm, this would have been illegal. 

Minseok was a slave- Prince Jongdae's slave to be specific. With a collar around his neck that was clean and plain and a feather earring that dangled only from his right lobe. It was clear. 

He even had a sash to be dragged around by Jongdae, but they never used it.

Minseok had been afraid the first day they brought him here. They, being the people of his town. He had tried to escape prison, and as a punishment, he was sold. It wasn't a new story, but Minseok definitely didn't expect it to happen to him. 

His shirt had been taken away from him, and so had his pants. The only thing left to cover him were his undergarments. They locked a flimsy leather collar around his neck, then, took him to the castle and sold him to the prince. 

The prince hadn't even requested a slave, but when he saw Minseok on his knees, cold and almost , he immediately took off his own coat and wrapped it around the other. He had been surprised; the stories he had heard about cruel slave owners diminishing slightly.

"What's your name?" The prince had asked, keeping respectable distance and smiling so warmly, it melted even Minseok's frown. 

"Minseok." It was said in such a small voice, that the prince had to lean in slightly to hear.

"You can use this room, okay? Get some rest. We'll talk again tomorrow." The other had said, smile becoming wider when he saw Minseok's befuddled face. He left soon after, but Minseok was too afraid to use the bed. He didn't own this room, and no matter what the prince said, it still didn't feel right.

So Minseok laid on the cold floor, tugging the coat tighter around his body as he curled up and willed sleep.


(Jongdae woke him up tomorrow morning and chastised him for not using the bed, and that had been the first time Minseok ever felt something close to admiration towards anyone.)

 

 

 


"You're pretty." 

Minseok looked up, blushing when he caught the prince's gaze on him and his lopsided smile. The prince had very distinct curves on the corners of his lips, which definitely made him tons more cuter. He looked like a cat most of the time. Minseok liked it.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." He replied timidly, eyes downcast as continued standing beside Jongdae's bed. He heard a groan, before the prince's messy hair and half closed eyes came into view, his pyjamas slipping off his shoulders. Minseok diverted his gaze.

"What did I tell you to call me?"

Minseok looked up, swallowing harshly. "J-Jongdae, Your Majesty."

The prince huffed, "I thought we would be more comfortable with each other after last night." 

A spark of heat hummed his stomach and he blinked, his cheeks getting warmer and his words hesitant. Before he could say a word, the prince was already pouting. "But you left me here way before I woke up. You're cruel."

"I-I-" Minseok stuttered, but the prince wasn't even looking at him. Sometimes the prince initiated things- whether it be a kiss, or simple snuggling- Minseok let him. He'd say it was because that was what was expected of him, but he couldn't deny enjoying it. Yesterday, they had taken it a step further; just thinking about it made his thighs clench. 

He sighed, voice small and hands . "I was just doing my job."

That seemed to have the opposite effect than he wanted. Jongdae looked at him, the warmth suddenly gone and features solemn. "I asked you yesterday if you wanted to do it and you said 'yes'. Was that affirmation a lie then? You didn't just say yes just because it was your job, right?"

"No!" Minseok quickly asserted. He wanted the alarm in the prince's face to disappear. "That..that was genuine."

"You're sure?"

"Yes." He replied, nodding his head, before adding, "Your Majesty."

The prince rolled his eyes. "Well as long as you're not forcing yourself, then I'm happy."

His hand twined around Minseok's waist suddenly and his head rested on the slave's stomach. He looked comfortable, if the humming was anything to go by. Minseok bit his lip. "Your Majesty?"

The prince shook his head, hugging Minseok tighter. He looked up from that position, looking every bit like a small kitten with his curved eyes and tilted lips. "Eat breakfast with me?"

Minseok agreed, smiling and resisting the urge to ruffle the prince's hair. "Okay, Your Majesty."

"For the last time Minseok, it's Jongdae."

 

 

 

 

The hour ticked four p.m. This would usually be the time Jongdae's home tutoring ends. Minseok cursed his careless self for being too immersed in cleaning the room and not checking the time, because if he hesitated even one second, Jongdae would-

"Minseok!" There it was. He winced, peeking his head out of the room and hearing the yells from downstairs. "Minseok!! Where are you?"

The slave sighed, tucking the robe tighter around his body before running down, the stairs. Once he caught a glimpse of where Jongdae was, he quickly ran towards him, covering the prince's mouth with his hand. Jongdae's eyes were wide but he could feel the quirk of the other's lips under his hand.

Some servants stared at them both and Minseok quickly took his hand away, looking down and mumbling. "Can you stop screaming my name repeatedly?"

"Why not? It's fun," Jongdae said, shrugging. "Besides, you promised me you would teach me how to cook."

"I don't know why you're asking me when you have a coveted chef downstairs." Minseok grumbled, taking Jongdae's hand and bringing him to the kitchen. Servants cleared the way and some didn't even try to hide their blatant stares. Minseok attempted to ignore them while Jongdae took it all in stride. He was probably used to it.

"You're prettier than the chef," Jongdae replied, snickering cheekily when Minseok glared at him. "Besides, I love you, not him."

Minseok pretended to gag, but a thrum went up his spine and he felt a bubble of happiness float around him. Jongdae looked at him, not expectantly, but rather of fondness. Jongdae really knew how to make him feel special. It made Minseok rather guilty, because he had never said it back.

In his defense, he wasn't even sure what love felt like. So he couldn't say something he wasn't sure about, right?

The kitchen was empty around this time, which was a good thing and a bad thing.

A good thing, because that meant lesser stares, but a bad thing because Jongdae's hands would definitely roam.

Like right now, as Minseok cracked an egg, his hand was already on Minseok's , not squeezing but definitely lingering. The slave glared at the prince, to which the other only smiled. "Your is pretty,"

"I get it, but do you want to learn how to make pancakes or nah?"

Jongdae pouted, wrapping his arms around Minseok's waist and resting his head on the other's shoulder. "I'd rather hug you, pretend like I'm paying attention, but ultimately just admire you."

"You're hopeless."

"Hopelessly yours?" Jongdae asked, grinning his stupid dopey smile. Minseok rolled his eyes (he does that a lot around Jongdae), but his cheeks were definitely reddening and he quickly looked away, blinking rapidly.

"Hopelessly stupid."

 

 

 


They had pancakes for dinner, where Jongdae spent half an hour talking about how he felt like such a rebel, and about his classes earlier, before retiring to their room. 

Jongdae was tucked on his chest, and Minseok's hand was running through the brown tassels, the night quiet and comfortable. Jongdae hand was on his waist and he sighed, the sound seeming content. "I love this."

"Hm?"

"You're the best thing to ever happen in my life." Jongdae said timidly, a complete contrast to his usually boisterous tone. Minseok found it endearing.

"I feel the same way." And it was true. Minseok didn't have the best childhood. Coming to the castle had seem like everything he didn't want to happen, but it ended up being one of the only thing he seemed to enjoy. "I really, really like you."

Jongdae laughed, kissing Minseok's chest as he mumbled sleepily. "Ditto."

 

 

 

 

The next day, Minseok woke up to some eager prods and a sweet smell. He opened his eyes to see Jongdae with a tray of pancakes, maple syrup by the side and a glass of orange juice prepared as well.

"See? I paid attention." Jongdae quipped, scooting beside Minseok. The male cut into a piece and held it up for the other to eat. 

"Are you seriously feeding me?"

"Yup," Jongdae affirmed, letting Minseok take the first bite before continuing. "Indulge me, okay?"

Minseok rolled his eyes, but he opened his mouth at every cut anyway. Jongdae fed him quietly, and when the plate was done, Jongdae leaned in, connecting their foreheads. It took the slave slightly off guard, but he smiled still. "Jongdae?"

The prince didn't reply, sighing happily as he looked down into Minseok's eyes, and the slave was doing the same thing. At this rate, they weren't even slave and prince anymore, they were way more.

"I think it's time you remove the earrings and collar." 

"What do you mean?" Minseok leaned back, raising a brow. Jongdae reached out, taking off the earrings, then unlatching the collar as well.

"These things- they signify that you're my slave, but you're much more than that."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," Jongdae hummed, leaning in again and grinning at Minseok's infatuated eyes. "You're pretty close to being my lover."

"Lovers," Minseok repeated, letting a hand caress the prince's jaw, beaming at the word. "I like the sound of that."

"Great," Jongdae whispered, his hands on each side of Minseok's hips, "because you have no choice either way."

Minseok shook his head, but Jongdae stopped the motion by finally kissing him, their tongues sliding past and a low moan edging out Jongdae's lips. The prince leaned away, giving the other a -eating grin. "By the way, I didn't make the pancakes because I really was busy admiring you instead of paying attention."

Minseok huffed. "Just shut the hell up and kiss me again."

 


🌺


nuha