1 of 1.

Late Night

tap tap tap.

“Yoongi?”

From the corner of his eye, Yoongi sees Namjoon’s cotton candy hair peeking through the glass panel of the door, his face contorted into a look of displeasure. He vaguely registers his stinging eyes and aching shoulder, rolling his head and humming to acknowledge his lover. Namjoon, with a small frown etched onto his face, approaches the pale, black-haired boy sitting hunched at the mahogany desk. He props himself up on the table, next to Yoongi’s laptop and writing materials, swinging his legs gently. Namjoon picks up the black leatherback notebook he identifies as distinctly Yoongi’s, scanning through the scrawls and almost illegible handwriting thoughtfully.

“You should have been home an hour and thirty-eight minutes ago.” Namjoon voices out, worry clear as day in his tone, as he sets the notebook down. He watches Yoongi as he continues to tap away at the keyboard. The latter looks up at his lover, blinking slowly before his eyes travelled to the small white numbers at the bottom corner of his computer screen. 03:38.

Oh.

Yoongi clears his throat slightly, rubbing at tired eyes. “Sorry Joonie, got carried away. Had bursts of inspiration and I wanted to get something out by the end of the night.” Namjoon clicks his tongue in dissatisfaction, ruffling his hair and earning a small groan from the black-headed angel. Yoongi rolls his eyes slightly before returning his attention to play with different sound samples, determined to finish the section he was working on before leaving.

tap tap tap.

Namjoon’s frown deepens with his nonchalant reaction, and decides to pick the laptop up before setting it down at another end of the desk. Yoongi growls lowly as the laptop is shifted out of his reach, sending glares to the pink-haired rapper perched on the desk, yet slumps against the swivel chair, too exhausted to fight. Unaffected, the leader shifts to sit directly in front of his hyung, leaning forward to hold pale hands within his own, tanner ones.

“Let’s get back, you’ve done enough for today.”

“Let me finish the thing before I lose my inspiration.”

Sighing softly, Namjoon releases Yoongi’s hands to cup his face, and leans down to peck his lips gently, lovingly, as if he were porcelain (to which Namjoon would agree vehemently to, that Yoongi is indeed just as fragile and beautiful).

“I know you want to continue, but working while you’re this tired won’t do you any good. You’ve been cooped up here since early evening, and I’m pretty sure you only left once for a toilet break. That’s so unhealthy, not to mention painful since the chairs here aren’t that comfortable. Oh god, you probably skipped your dinner right? Let’s get you something on the way-“

Yoongi, slightly disgruntled by Namjoon’s never-ending list of worries, rolls his eyes yet again and presses a hand against the back of his lover’s neck, pulling him down. With a yelp, Namjoon falls forward and crashes against Yoongi, lips meeting the other's in a hard kiss to relay every emotion passing through the normally standoffish Min Yoongi.

As their lips dance alongside each other’s, Namjoon slips off the desk to seat himself in the throne that is Yoongi’s lap, wrapping his toned arms around the other’s neck. Yoongi’s arms automatically wind around the waist of his lover, humming into the kiss.

Namjoon is the first to pull away, chuckling breathlessly and staring into deep brown eyes that held so much love and gratitude, it always left him a little winded. He knows that Yoongi struggles to express his emotions, and he understands. Despite the lack of words, Namjoon can read Yoongi like the back of his hand.

“So how about some instant ramen, then we can take a shower together and cuddle. How’s that sound?” Yoongi his lips and grins wolfishly, cocking his head slightly.

 Namjoon nods and smiles radiantly, clambering off the older’s lap. “Sounds better than you continuing to work. I’ll pack up for you, so sit still, then we can leave.”

As the leader busies himself with pushing his laptop and notebook into his bag, Yoongi airs a simpering smile, deciding that he wouldn't trade his boyfriend for the world.