Tears

Bulletproof
They were guided to their new seats after their performance, sweat still dripping down their skin from the crazy performance they had prepared. It was the start to the many year-end award shows and here they find themselves seated at the front for the first time in three years since their debut. Prior to this, they were always seated at the back, behind their bigger seniors and were rarely caught on camera. Though, not a complaint ever left their lips at the obvious favouritism. They were happy and humbled to even be given the chance to perform in shows they could only catch on TV when they were younger.
 
It was close to the end of the Melon Music Awards and the boys were chattering in their seats as the award presenters announced the nominees for the Daesang for Album of the Year. Their name was announced and their fans’ cheers filled the hall, warming their hearts at the sound. They weren’t expecting much, being nominated was an honour in itself and they clapped along as the other nominees were announced.
 
The presenters then took their time playing with the viewers, prolonging the time to reveal the winner with little jokes that only made the fans more impatient. The seven boys were distracted by that point, the exasperated sighs that filled the hall taking away their attention from the presenter that when they opened the envelope to announce the winner, their focus was gone.
 
“Bangtan Sonyeondan! Congratulations!”
 
Time seemed to have stopped. Their fans screamed and cried as they saw their faces on the screen. Namjoon stood up from his seat first and looked at his brothers, the other members still frozen in their seats, shock obvious on their expressions. The screams seemed to have drowned out from their ears, eyes wide as they looked around, their gazes meeting each other’s in similar wide-eyed expressions.
 
Being the leader, Namjoon coaxed s off their seats and to the stage. He grabbed the microphone and after seconds of relishing in the screams;
 
“A.R.M.Y.”
 
The screams seemed to have intensified at that. A look around him made his heart soften at the expressions on s’ faces. Hoseok and Jin were teary eyed and Yoongi’s expression was blank. But after knowing the male for years, he knew that Yoongi was totally dumbfounded and had no idea how to handle the rather rare feeling. He looked at the happy faces of the younger members. They were smiling with glistening eyes, their gaze set on the shining lightsticks scattered across the hall.
 
With a deep breath, Namjoon made his speech, thanking the many people who had guided them along the way and picked them up whenever hope was almost non-existent. After the tear-inducing speech, he pulled s in and whispered words of encouragement. How much they had went through just to be here. How they proved everyone wrong when they laughed at them for wanting a Daesang.
 
How they flew with their wings, strong and bright.
 
They left the stage that had become a home for them. The stage that had grown on them through and through. The stage that they could’ve only dreamed about when they were merely wannabes. The stage where they let themselves fly free for their fans to watch and share the beautiful moments they make along this never-ending path.
 
They did it.
 
They made it.
 
Without forgetting who they were as individuals. Without forgetting those who had made them who they were, whether it was through words of encouragement or words of bitterness and hate. Either way, they made them exactly who they were.
 
The bulletproof boys that will continue to inspire many and put out music from their heart.
 
Our BTS.
 
---------------------------
A/N:
Hello, everyone! It's been a while, I know but I'm finally back after CNY celebrations. Happy Chinese New Year by the way!
 
Anyway, this marks the end of the first fic I ever posted and I wouldn't say that I'm exactly proud of it. What I write here is obviously not a correct representation of the members' hardwork and struggles but as an outsider, I tried my best to put what I see into words.
 
Hope you guys enjoyed and hopefully we'll see each other again in the future?
 
Till next time-