Sweat

Bulletproof

The last few notes of the song rang throughout the hall as the boys carried out the corresponding dance moves. In the middle of the seven boys, Jungkook eyed the camera with a hard gaze, keeping his breathing steady despite his lungs calling out for air after over 20 takes of the dance scene for their new music video.

“Okay, cut!” The director’s voice was sharp to their ears and immediately, the boys dropped down to the ground, their bodies losing all control after the intense filming. The choreography for their new song was tough, to say the least. The various jumps and turns at high speeds required precision and long months of training. Though, after many late nights, early mornings and dreamlike teamwork, their moves were synchronised and clean.

“That was perfect!” The director said as he walked towards the boys, the megaphone he used earlier left behind. That was the 20th time the boys had heard that phrase but somehow, it was never a perfect enough shot to call it a day. But once the director said the magical words, relief and gratefulness washed over them. “That’s all for today. See you guys tomorrow for the acting scenes, alright?” With that, he handed the seven dead-tired boys a bottle of water and a towel each and left. They each shot him grateful smiles and accepted the items with a word of thanks. It surprised him how even after hours of intense dancing, they could still smile. Most people he knew would be grumbling and acting out like a diva after putting their body and mind through so much stress.

After a few minutes of catching their breaths, the boys got up one after another to change out of their costumes. The suits of intricate designs hung on the rack as the boys bowed towards the staff and said their goodbyes before exiting the venue.

The concept for their comeback this time was different from their previous ones. They were going for a more mature look and their song was also different in terms of musicality and lyrics. They liked it. It felt more like them. Previously, they tackled school-like and innocent concepts that were more appropriate for their age at the time. But as they grow into men, the mature themes and subjects of their newest album was refreshing and new to them in a good way.

This total change of concept would of course make them wonder; would people really like this side of them? The public and fans were so used to the innocent boys and this might come as a shock to them. But deep inside, they felt assured. They put much more of their own personal touch and contribution into this album. Each member even had their own solo song to showcase their own talents and convey their own messages. The album they created was so raw and open and although it may take people by surprise at first, the honesty they conveyed through their songs would be appreciated.

The album that they were so worried about yet so proud of was going to take them places, they just didn’t know it yet.

 

* * *

 

It was 12 in the morning and the seven boys had just returned from their live broadcast to introduce their new album to their fans. It was heart warming, how they were so excited after the releases of their individual teasers and music video teaser. They were bombarded with a myriad of encouraging words earlier during their broadcast and they didn’t know how to thank their A.R.M.Ys, their second family.

Jimin, who was sat in the middle kept clicking the refresh button on ibighit’s YouTube channel. After a few more clicks, a new video popped out right on the top of the channel’s page. “BTS - Blood, Sweat and Tears MV”

Without realising it, Jimin pressed the refresh button once more, his hands unable to stop the repetitive action. For that, he got several slaps to the head by his exasperated friends. He apologised, laughing at his own mistake along with his friends before clicking on the music video. After putting the volume to its maximum and setting the video to fullscreen, he scooted back to allow the rest to have a clear view of their hardwork.

My blood, sweat and tears

“Ohhh, Jimin,” Namjoon howled, making Jimin laugh at his own y gazes aimed at the camera.

My last dance, take it all

Take it all

“The venue was so pretty,” Yoongi muttered, appreciating the artistic and aesthetic background and scenes portrayed in the music video

“We look good,” Taehyung grinned, wriggling his eyebrows at the different images they had to pull off in the video. He had to admit, the makeup artist and costume designers were absolutely spot on this time.

My blood, sweat and tears

My cold breath too, take it all

Take it all

“JK!” Jin hollered, earning laughs from the others.

The video went on until the infamous throwing of jacket part carried out by the one and only Park Jimin. s hollered and scream as he relished in the noisy atmosphere that the seven never fail to create.

Kill me softly

Close my eyes with your touch

The video then lapsed into the monologue, Namjoon’s deep voice gracing their ears.

“Indeed, Mr. Leader,” Hoseok whistled in awe as the scenes quickly passed to Jin’s kiss scene.

Jungkook’s eyes widened at the sight, the boy who just turned into an adult shocked at how the editors made the somewhat foolish scene seem seductive and alluring.

The last chorus played and the song ended at Jin’s scene, the boys quietly watching as the replay button appeared. They liked it. It was true, it was raw, it was open and it was youth. It was BTS. It was their hardwork poured into the song, video and album. It was their very own blood, sweat and tears and they felt satisfied that it was out there for the world to see.

Jimin shut the laptop off and the boys dispersed into their rooms, a feeling of happiness and pride filling their hearts at their work. They went to sleep with a sense of hopefulness that their messages were conveyed through the album.

They went to sleep hoping for a good day tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hello to everyone! Just wanting to let you guys know that I'll be going on a trip for a few days and I'll only be updating some time next week. It will probably be the last chapter too and I can't wait to finish my first ever fic!

Hope you guys have been liking my writing so far. If you have, please leave a comment/subscribe and if you haven't... leave a comment too? I want to work on myself as a writer too so I'd be grateful for some criticism.

Till next time-