Fragment 02

Red Fragments.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RedFragments |"Not all that are calm are at peace"

 

 

They say when the mind and heart are sick, the body takes the hit.

 

Well, her body took a damn massive hit.

 

She’s burning up and her body felt like it was hit by a thousand balls then pricked by a million needles. It felt like there’s a drum being repeatedly hit inside her head as her temples throbbed in an immense headache. It’s either that, or the incessant ringing of her phone that’s causing her pounding headache.

 

 

“Kunpimook Bhuwakul, I’m dead sick right now so you better stop pestering me or I swear to Buddha, I’d kick you all the way back to Thailand.”

 

 

Her threats held no bite though as her hoarse voice is barely audible and she’s honestly too exhausted to put some energy into her tone.

 

“You’re sick?”

 

That… is definitely not Bambam.

 

 

And if she was in a healthier state, she would have realized it’s another familiar voice that she’d actually been wishing to hear since the weekend but she doesn’t have the energy to bother to figure out who it is.

 

Her body felt so heavy like invisible chains were tying her down to her bed and her eyes get blinded by the tiniest bit of light and she has no emotional tact left to spare other people’s feeling so she did the easiest and most convenient thing to do at that moment: she hang up while making a mental note to apologize to whoever it was when she gets better.

 

 

.

.

.

 

Except hanging up is probably not the smartest thing to do after telling a person on the phone that you’re sick.

 

Jimin has just landed with his BTS members back to Korea from Japan when he called Jamie after checking the messages from her that he missed. He also had missed several calls from her when he was away from Korea so he called her back as soon as he got out of the plane and had reception.

 

To say that he is worried is an understatement. And it didn’t help that she hung up on him after mistaking him to be Bambam and saying she’s sick. He tried calling again but all of his attempts sent him straight to the voicemail.

 

He tried to shake off his worries; Jamie is a strong independent woman.

 

 

It’s just a heart break.

 

She’d live.

 

 

Or so he convinced himself until he couldn’t stop worrying anymore that he sneaked out of their dorm as soon as the other members fell asleep after their tiring flight.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

The thirty minutes it took for the taxi to arrive at her place is the longest thirty minutes of agony for one Park Jimin.

 

 

“Jamie? Open the door.” He knocked repeatedly on her door for several minutes before heaving a sigh and pulling out his phone.

 

 

He dialled her number and silently pleaded for her to pick up. When his call went unanswered for the nth time, he knew he’s left with no other way except to guess her pass code.

 

 

0-7-0-5-9-7

 

 

Error.

 

 

He narrowed his eyes, not sure whether to be relieved that she’s not too naïve to use an obvious pass code or be irritated because he really needs to guess her pass code right.

 

 

 

1-0-0-5-1-2

 

Error.

 

 

His satoori accent came out as he muttered curses in frustration. Feeling a sense of urgency, he whipped out his phone again. This time, to call another person.

 

 

“Do you know Jamie’s pass code?”

 

 

“M-mwoh? Jamie?” there was rustling on the other line, the poor young man probably took some time to look at the caller ID. “Jimin-hyung! You’re back in Korea? Thank heavens! I thought you were still in Japan!”

 

 

“Bambam, I really have no time for catching up right now. Do you know Jamie’s pass code?”

 

 

“Pass code? I don’t know. Why do you need it?”

 

 

Jimin stared at Jamie’s door intensely, as though doing so would magically unlock the damned thing.

 

 

“She’s not opening up her door. I’ve already been knocking for thirty minutes.”

 

 

That’s an exaggeration he didn’t bother clarifying.

 

 

“Hyung, maybe she’s not home?”

 

 

“She cursed me out thinking I were you when I called and told me to stop pestering her because she’s sick. Do you think she’d go out this late at night if she’s sick?”

 

 

“What? She cursed me out? Why?—”

 

 

“Bambam…”

 

 

The threatening tone must have sent his short patience clear to the younger man on the other line because he stopped midway and went back to the topic that matters.

 

 

“I think it’s her birthday?”

 

 

“It’s not. She already changed it.”

 

 

“Oh yeah. She complained about how you kept nagging her about it being too predictable.”

 

 

Jimin sighed inaudibly because well, this is the one time he wished Jamie didn’t listen to him; heavens knows that woman rarely listens to him anyway.

 

 

“…how about THE date?”

 

 

Jimin looked up and stared at the keypad for a few seconds of contemplating before his fingers keyed in the six numbers.

 

 

Error.

 

 

“Did it unlock?”

 

 

“No.”

 

 

Jimin ruffled his light blonde hair in frustration before he remembered another ridiculous but nonetheless possible pass code.

 

 

 

 

3-6-9-0-8-4

 

 

Click.

 

 

 

He didn’t know whether to laugh or be relieved that it unlocked. But for now, he’d go with relieved.

 

 

“Nevermind. It already opened. Sorry for waking you up this late at night, Bam. I’d call you later.”

 

 

“Hyung…”

 

 

He halted midway from disconnecting the call, his thumb hovering over the drop call button.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter