LE.9

Loose End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your mouth’s open.” Mina points out as she sees Momo hanging out in the kitchen with her elbows placed on top of the table, her hands supporting her face as she stare off into space. This caught the attention of the older, and she smiles widely at the ballerina. A few seconds passed until they hear the microwave’s timer go off and Momo struts towards it obtaining her now warm and delicious jokbal from yesterday.


Mina sits beside her unnie, and without even asking, Momo gets a piece of her favorite food and puts it in front if Mina‘s mouth. The ballerina smiles politely at the peach before she takes the whole piece into . As she chews her food down, Mina looks over at her unnie and she sees her again staring into nowhere, with a smile on her face and a surprisingly still unfinished jokbal on the table.


“You seem happy.” The older was brought back from her daydreaming again as she looks at Mina. Mina just stares at her, waiting for the older girl. “I am.” Momo’s response was short, but Mina understood it too well. The ballerina knew the reason why, or more like “who” is the culprit behind her unnie’s good mood.


“Why do you even like her unnie?” The ballerina asks out of the blue, just wanting to know if there is a particular reason why the main dancer eventually fell for their short haired member. As soon as the question rolled out her tongue, the older immediately glared at the penguin beside her. With one of her eyebrows raised, Momo placed her hand on her chest and gasped looking surprised at the seemingly ridiculous question that came from Mina.


“Are you blind?” The older starts off. “I mean, can you actually see her?” Mina just laughs at the offended peach. It is true though, Jeongyeon does look really pretty and chic all the time. She’s just naturally born with the “girl crush” aura, there's no arguing about it. The peach however wasn’t satisfied in making her point. “The girl can literally just wake up straight out of bed, and ooze off pheromones and stuff making them underwears drop hard on the ground.” The two Japanese girls burst out laughing at the vivid and slightly over the top statement from Momo.


Their laughter dies down, and the peach is immediately back to her daydreaming and dazing off to nowhere. She seriously looks whipped, the ballerina can clearly see that with the way the peach smiles to herself. “But seriously, it’s not because she looks hot or something, I am not that shallow Mina.”

Momo speaks without looking at the younger. She continues “Maybe I just like her just because I do? With no particular reason, I just find myself drawn to her.” the older looks at the ballerina, wanting to know if she’s making herself clear.


Mina doesn’t find it odd, how she can actually understand what the older girl is saying, because the whole time Momo’s giving her a piece of her mind, the ballerina just automatically drifts to a certain cub. It was weird how the feelings that they both go through are similar, except they’re feeling it for two completely different persons. The ballerina smiles at the thought, and she nods gently at her unnie. With that, the two of them began to sigh and daze off together, thinking of different ways to handle this overwhelming emotions inside them.

*****

They both thank the waiter for the service they’ve received and they bow down politely as they leave the restaurant and exit the front door with full and satisfied tummies. The two of them starts walking, eager to return back to their dorm before it gets too late. They walk side by side until the older reaches out her hand to the other girl. With the sweetest smile she can offer, the younger girl holds on tight to the hand in front of her, and with that they both sway their interlaced hands as they walk happily on the peaceful street in their neighbourhood.


“Today will be the last time I’m gonna treat you. I think I’ll go broke if I continue to pay for both our meal.” The Japanese whines as she remembers how much she has payed for their dinner. With the both of them being the biggest eater in the group, they have actually finished tons of food good enough for five people. The older glares at the dancer, feeling a bit insulted at the comment. “You’re the one who ordered the most Momo! Don’t blame me.” The taller girl defended herself not wanting to admit how much of a glutton she is. The Japanese just snickers at the other girl’s remark, enjoying how Jeongyeon actually took the joke too seriously. Momo just went closer to the taller girl, tightening her grip on the other girl’s hand, as she wrapped her other hand on Jeongyeon’s arm. And with that, the older girl’s mood immediately went back to normal, confused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter