two

Post-it Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana has a secret box, a box that no one knows about other than herself. It is the box where she keeps all of the post-it notes she receives from that mysterious someone. She could not bring herself to throw away any of the notes, no matter how hard she had tried. So instead she went out and bought a box just so she can keep the notes in. She also had a secret place for her box: under her bed. She knew that it was safe for her to keep it under there because no one, not even herself, would look under there.

The day of the party came quicker than Sana would have liked. She waited on her bed the day if the party and held her secret box on her lap. She had the box opened and she took out a couple of post-it notes and read them silently to herself, with a small, sincere smile on her lips.

You look beautiful today.

Good luck on your history quiz

I hope one day we would get to meet.

If you were a triangle you would be acute one ;)

Those words were written on some of the notes and Sana could not help but to laugh a little to herself at the cheesy, but cute, words. She dropped the notes back into her box and took out one more. She stopped smiling when she read the words: I wish you knew who I was, I wish that I could call you mine.

Sana remembered that note, it was one of the first ones she received. Sana also wished herself that she knew who her mysterious, secret admirer was. She wanted to know the person responsible for making her heart flutter, her lips to form a smile, and her to have butterflies in her stomach simply by using their words. Sana wished and wished with all her might, every single day and night that one day she would meet her secret admirer. But, her wish never came true.

Footsteps up the stairs outside of Sana's bedroom door caused her eyes to widen. She quickly placethe Post-it note into the box, closed it and slid it back under her bed. She got up and went to her mirror, pretending to act as if she was just fixing her hair and not reading the notes.

Jihyo walked into her room unannounced. Sana was not all that surprised. They spend half of their free time at each others house that it was as if they lived there themselves. They were so close, that it seemed to Sana that Jihyo was her sister rather then her best friend.

"How did you come in?" Sana asked, her body was still facing her full length mirror.

"Your mother let me in. She already left for work so you don't need to worry about making excuses about being out so late." Jihyo placed herself on Sana's bed. Sana saw from the mirror that Jihyo was looking at her outfit. She had a judgmental look on her face.

"You look like a mom," Jihyo said with a laugh.

Sana turned her attention from the mirror and to her friend. With wide eyes, she let out a gasp. "I do not."

"Do too," Jihyo accused. Sana looked down at her dress she was wearing. She thought she looked fine. Sure it was longer than most of the dresses other girls her age own, but she was comfortable and that was what mattered to her the most.

"I'm going dressed like this. I don't care what you say," Sana sat beside Jihyo.


Jihyo smirked. "Jackson is going to be there you know."

Sana felt her face blush. Always, when Sana hears his name, sees his face, or just thinks about him, she feels all bubbly inside. She felt like a little girl who is meeting a boy she likes for the first time.

"So," Sana said, trying to keep a straight face. She failed. "What does that have to do with anything?" She turned her face towards the other side of the room, away from Jihyo's stare, so that she was able to hide her face and not give away that Jackson being at the party was actually something that mattered to her.

Sana heard Jihyo let out a small chuckle. "You really are an awful liar," Jihyo said. “But whatever, if you want to look like a mom then go ahead, I’m not going to stop you."

Sana, wanting to change the subject as soon as she can, got up from her bed and faced Jihyo who still had a smirk on her face. “Let’s go before I change my mind and stay home,” with that said, Jihyo also got up and they both walked out of Sana’s room, down the stairs, and outside her house. Sana really hope that she was not going to regret agreeing with Jihyo and going to the party, she really, really hope she made a good decision.

-

It was crowded, there was so much people at the party. In the back yard, in the front yard, in the living room, kitchen, dining room, and just about any other room in the big, beautiful house. Sana was sure that if there weren’t so much people all over the house, the house would be even more beautiful than it already was with people everywhere.

Red plastic cups and beer bottles where all what Sana saw when Jihyo and herself walked into the party. In just about everyone’s hands, some sort of alcoholic beverage was there. Loud music played through the speakers that were placed in different sections of the house. The sound of loud laughter and talking was heard through the music. Sana began to question her decision on coming here.

Jihyo, who stood beside her, had a smile on her face as she looked around the living room. She was probably used to it, Sana thought, she went to just about every party that happened so she felt normal in this sort of surrounding. Sana was not. She hardly even went to a party, only occasionally when Jihyo forced her to come with her or when Jihyo was too drunk to drive so she called Sana to come for her and Sana had to spend a full thirty minutes or less looking for her drunk best friend. She did not mind though. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter