A is for Anxiety

My Invisibility is Your Beauty

Shut up shut up shut up Kibum chanted in his mind as he heard the noise of students chattering about...virtually nothing. The brunette couldn't believe he forgot his beloved earbuds at home and is now stuck listening to this crap. He finished all the work he had to do this semester, why is he still here?

"Hey guys, Kibum doesn't have his earbuds on." a guy said in a horrible attempt at a whisper. Already having enough, Kibum stood, walking out. Of course, the teacher payed no mind, already used to when Kibum would have his walks out.

What a bunch of idiots. This is what I get for not bringing my earbuds. Kibum thought, looking at his phone for anything new. Specifically, anything new from J.

J, with the honey-laced voice and unique colour. J, the one who was always there for him since no one else dared to be. J, who saved Kibum.

The said male shook this thought away as he walked through the busy streets of Seoul to get back home, keeping his head down and hoping he wouldn't bump into anyone. 

Guess luck isn't on his side today.

Kibum went flying, landing on his as he winced, keeping his eyes closed to prevent any eye contact.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" A soft voice rung out. Kibum stood up abruptly and looked down at the ground, tongue stuck in his throat. Or more like he hasn't spoken in so long that he may have forgotten words. One of the two.

"Hello? Are you okay?" The stranger leaned down to make Kibum look at him, to his dismay. And just as if luck wasn't done playing with him, this stranger he just knocked over was also very very attractive. Like one of those people who are so amazingly pleasing to the eye it's stupid. Kibum found himself making a strange noise, and covered his mouth as he hit himself over the head in his mind.

But that wasn't the end of it, soon he felt his heart race even faster and the world starting to spin. Seeing as the stranger was still looking at him expectantly, he quickly nodded and did the thing he was best at. He ran.

 

 _

Kibum burst through the door to his apartment, locking it firmly and leaning against it as he sat on the floor. His chest heaved up and down, both from running at top speed and the fear of conversation. Leaning his head back, the world seemed to move on slow motion. There was a headache crawling up his temples as he pulled his head into his hands. Not again.

Kibum realized that even closing his eyes were a mistake, but he couldn't move. Crowds and crowds of people, all looking at him, judging him, trying to talk to him. He couldn't speak, Not with all those eyes on him, and they laughed. Noise. So much noise. They're coming closer. Noise.

Feeling a tear slip at the pain, he crawled over to the coffee table. His mother and father are staring at him with a frown on their faces, disapproving, judging. You're not good enough, you were never good enough. Why can't you be better? Act like a man.

His mother holds up her hand. Smack-Thump. Kibum reaches for his earbuds, hyperventilating. He pulls out his phone, but misses his pocket several times, and several more tears come out. He hates this feeling, feeling helpless, scared, like hanging on the edge of a branch at the end of the cliff with a fever. 

He plugs his phone in as hordes of little boys throw mud at him behind his eyelids. Stop. Stop.

Kibum's fingers type madly, searching for his music app. Make it. Make it.

"You're weird, Kibum-Ah, no one likes you at all."

"Kibum the coward! Kibum has no friends!"

"Kibum, why don't you try changing yourself a little? I'm sure then you could finally get some...real friends instead of those little drawings."

"Where's my homework? C'mon, Ki, everyone knows I'm only your friend because you're smart. Maybe you're dumb after all."

Its dark. So dark. Get me out of here. Get me out of here. Pain. Pain. Painpainpainpain-

A new, shining voice breaks through the darkness.

"On the Rock
jom deo chagapge hae jwo neoui jane
gadeukhi chaewojin eoreum gateun neoui mame
You’re so fresh
naega jari jabeul su ineun teume
isseulkka na chojohaejyeo ga"

His heart dies down. There's no longer that pain in his temples. The sea of people turn into nothing. Nothing. Finally, he is calm.

A weak, but genuine smile comes onto the male's face as he leans down to lie contentedly on the floor, and just stays there with J's voice on his ears and his lyrics on his lips. He's alone. It's just him. Him and J.

That didn't sound too bad at the moment.