#8 That Damn Pepero Game (Part 1)

Maknae Line is a Challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 8: That Damn Pepero Game (Part 1)

 

  It was just another busy day for Twice's members. It was the day before Momo's birthday and they were holding a fansign event.

 Everything was good. The mood was happy and cheerful. Members were playing with each other, they make some jokes, they'll sing a little of their songs. Everything was fine. But something caught Chaeyoung's eye.

 She wasn't really paying much attention to what was going on... Until everybody got a bit too excited. Fans got noisier than usual. What happened?

 She saw Mina with a mortified expression. She kneeled down and kinda hid next to the table for a moment, before standing up again, looking really uncomfortable. In the meantime she saw Momo looking down where she was, then Nayeon came around and Momo pointed with her index finger her lips and Mina... What? What the heck had happened?

 Nayeon looked a little shocked, Momo kept going as if nothing had happened, Mina was looking uncomfortable as heck, and everybody else where in their own world.

 Chaeyoung tried to shrug it off for the sake of her image. She kept playing and laughing with the rest of the members.

 They were now on their way home. Mina and Momo weren't exactly talking, and they were really good friends so it was really weird and didn't go unnoticed by Jihyo, after all she was the leader, nothing escaped the leader.

"What's wrong with you two?" Both of them stayed quiet.

 Sana chuckled. Nayeon gave her a glare and Sana looked down, without erasing the smirk on her face.

"Nothing" Momo mumbled.

 She knew that silence spoke more than a million words. Something was off. Jihyo decided not to push it and just dropped the subject... For now.

 But.. The chaos started when they got home.

 It had been a long day and Chaeyoung, followed by Dahyun and Tzuyu went straight to the bedroom.

"I'm sooo tired!" Dahyun groaned throwing herself at her bed.

"Me too" Tzuyu said and allowed herself to fall on her bed.

 Chaeyoung chuckled and climbed on her own bed. She closed her eyes trying to relax.

"WHAT?!" Dahyun screamed her heart out.

 The pale girl had no better idea than to log in their twitter account and check their mentions. They shared the account, so it was okay.

 But what definitely wasn't okay was the picture and video of Momo, her Momo, kissing Mina. Mina, penguin Mina, ballet Mina, their Mina. That was wrong in so many levels, starting with the fact that people! Public! They were idols for goodness sake! Secondly Momo was her girlfriend! Her girlfriend! Those lips were hers, and she surely as heck didn't like sharing.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked worringly.

"You wanna know what's wrong?"

 She crawled out of bed, Tzuyu staring confused, and shoved her phone infront of Chaeyoung's face.

"Unnie!" She groaned.

 She pushed the phone away, but when she paid attention to what was on the screen she grabbed the phone closer. She zoomed in the pictures, making sure it wasn't an unfortunate camera angle or maybe even photoshop.

 She frowned in anger when non of those were the case. Mina, her Mina, kissing Momo. Momo! And they were smiling! Chaeyoung screamed in frustration and jumped out of her bed.

 She opened the door, followed by an angry Dahyun who slammed the door close. They made their way to the living room, were they had seen their girlfriends last time.

"Myou Mina where are you?!"

"Hirai Momo you better appear infront of me before I lose it!"

 Mina closed her eyes and sighed. She saw this coming. Momo glanced at Mina and made her way to her girlfriend. It was almost her birthday, Dahyun wasn't going to be so mean, right?

"Dubu-yah~" she tried aegyo.

"Don't Dubu-yah me!" Dahyun yelled in anger.

 Momo held her hands infront of her, her head hanging low staring at the floor.

"Mind explaining?!" Dahyun had her phone out with the same picture she had shown Chaeyoung.

"And while you are at it, maybe Myou Mina" Chaeyoung glanced at her girlfriend "could come here as well and explain why the heck you two kissed?!" She finished yelling.

 Jeongyeon, Jihyo stared at the younger girls in confusion. Nayeon sighed, she got closer to the girls.

"You should let them explain " she tried.

"Unnie don't try to save them, look, look!" Chaeyoung said angrily. Chaeyoung grabbed the phone from Dahyun's hands and showed the picture to Nayeon.

"They're smiling!"

"Wait, who's that?" Nayeon asked confused. "

Momo unnie and Mina unnie! Duh!"

"Not them pabo" she rolled her eyes "I meant her"

 She pointed at a figure that Dahyun and Chaeyoung had totally skipped. Chaeyoung brought the phone closer to her, Dahyun joined her and they looked at the screen.

"Is that-" Dahyun started.

"Minatozaki Sana" Chaeyoung growled with a frown.

"See, I was going to explain!" Momo complained.

Dahyun glared at her.

"You stay quiet, this doesn't mean you're out of the hoop"

"But it wasn't out fault!" Momo whined.

 Mina decided it was a good moment to finally confront her girlfriend, after all Momo would be next to her, she could always throw her friend at the shorter girl and then make a run for it.

"That's true, Sana unnie pushed us" Mina murmured.

 Chaeyoung glanced at her still wearing a frown on her face.

"What do you mean she pushed you?"

"She means we were just playing pepero game and then Sana chan came out of nowhere and pushed us closer" Momo crossed her eyes over her chest.

 Now she was the one frowning.

"How do we know that's the truth?" Dahyun lift an eyebrow.

"Maybe this video is proof enough" Jihyo interrupted.

 She gave Dahyun her phone. Chaeyoung came closer. The video showed how Momo grabbed a pepero stick while Mina laughed, she handed it to Mina who put it in between her lips and Momo started eating the chocolate. Now even though Momo seemed a bit to eager for Dahyun's liking she stayed quiet until a wild Sana appeared and pushed the japanese girl's head together.

 Now, this was something Chaeyoung recognized. Mina covered with her hands, looked around in panic and then hid under the table. Momo on the other hand kept her cool, she ate the rest of the chocolate and when Nayeon appeared on the video she pointed her lips and Mina. Exactly what Chaeyoung had seen earlier.

 The video stopped. Dahyun handed the phone to their leader. She then frowned. Chaeyoung was frowning as well, she had a tiny pout which Mina couldn't help but find adorable.

"So?" Nayeon asked "You aren't going to say anything?"

 There was no way the younger ones were going to apologize.

"Come on, it's almost Moguri's birthday~" Nayeon insisted.

 She pointed at Momo who took that as a cue to start pouting and doing aegyo. Dahyun tried to keep her eyes away. She really did. But Momo was way too adorable.

"Dubu-yah~" she used her best aegyo voice.

 Dahyun screamed in frustration before hugging her girlfriend, making her hug her back and smile.

 Mina bit her lower lip, waiting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter