Fin

My handsome tutor

A/N: We used the Dutch grading system for this, which means the highest grade you can get is a 10 and the lowest a 1.

“Waaaaaaaaahhhhh!” Sunyoul yelled out when he saw his grade on the latest math test. In the corner was, in a red color, a big 1 written. With this grade his average would drop too much to pass this year. Unless of course his math skills would dramatically improve over the rest of the year. But that was impossible, without help Sunyoul wouldn't be able to do better than a 6 at most. Ah, my dad is going to kill me.

“Sunyoul, could you come here for a second?” Ashamed Sunyoul got up to walk over to the teacher. Fortunately for him the bell rang at that precise moment so the rest of the class wouldn't be there to hear about his pathetic grade.

“Yes?” He shyly asked the teacher upon reaching her desk.

“As you surely noticed, you’re not going to pass this year if you can’t get your math grade up. That’s why I found some help for you. He’s a student from my other class and he was willing to tutor you, the school will pay for it.” She reached over to search in her bag for a paper to give to Sunyoul. “Here’s his phone number, I would advise you to contact him as soon as you can to start your tutoring sessions.”

“Thank you, miss.” He bowed before walking out of the classroom. He looked down at the note in his hands. Written on it were simply the name ‘Kim Wooshin’ and a phone number. Guess I better send him a text. Oh gosh this so embarrassing.  

‘Hello, this is Sunyoul. My math teacher told me you were willing to tutor me?’ After hitting the send button he went to the cafeteria to meet up with his friends.

“Heyyy Sunyoul! Over here!” His friend Wei called him over. He quickly waved back to the other to show he saw him before getting in line to get his food. Suddenly he felt a force push him over and he fell to the ground. Looking up he saw someone with bright red hair looking down at him. Wow he’s hot was the first thing Sunyoul thought before registering the hand stretched out to him. Accepting the help from the stranger he got up.

“Sorry for that my friend pushed me.” Before Sunyoul had the chance to reply the other had already walked away grumbling something about hitting someone named Kogyeol. He watched the other walk away before focusing back on the line in front of him. How had he never noticed someone with such a bright red hair color? After getting his food he walked over to his friends. He could ask them about the red haired boy but that would most likely end in never ending teasing from them so he decided to leave it.

“Hey guys.”

“Hi.” They replied before continuing eating. As Sunyoul sat down to start eating as well he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Because of the mysterious boy he had almost forgotten about his tutoring again. Quickly he took his phone out of his pocket to check the message.

‘Yes, I’m Wooshin (I hope that the teacher told you that though ^^’). When do you want to start our tutoring session?’

“Ugh guys. I got a 1 for my last math test and now my teacher set me up with a kid from her other class to tutor me.” The other two looked sympathetically at him.

“I’d love to help you but I’m just as bad as you if not worse.” His friend Bitto said to him while giving him a pat on the back.

“True that, I wouldn’t ask Bitto to help me either. Sadly though my grades also aren’t great, so I guess you’re stuck with that math nerd that’s gonna tutor you. to be you, dude.” Wei said before continuing eating.

“I need other friends.” Sunyoul sighed before turning to his phone to type out a reply.

‘As soon as possible, I hope you’re prepared my math skills are more than terrible. Basically I’m free for tutoring sessions every day after school or in the evening.’

Sunyoul picked up his chopsticks and started eating. He just swallowed his first bite when he felt his phone vibrate again.

‘Hahaha no worries, it’ll be okay. I have to run some errands today though, but I’m free to teach you tomorrow after school. Let’s meet up in the study room’

Sunyoul send a quick ‘Ok’ back before he started eating again. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.


BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Sunyoul woke up and turned off his alarm. Ugh 7 am, why does school have to start so early? He slowly sat up in bed, today the tutoring would start. He still hadn’t told his parents about his bad grade, he was too afraid they’d get mad or worse be really disappointed in him. Slowly he let his mind drift away to his tutor. Was it someone from his year or would he be older? Would Sunyoul have seen him in the hallway already? Most important, would he be nice? Sunyoul was really hopeless with math, he hoped his tutor wouldn’t get frustrated and leave him. Without Sunyoul noticing a lot of time had passed.

“Sunyoul! Shouldn't you be going to school?” The yell of his mom shook him out of his thoughts. Startled he looked at the clock again and saw half an hour had passed, which meant he only had 10 minutes left to dress, eat, brush his teeth and leave the house! Oh no, how could I be so stupid! Now I'm going to be late! Quickly Sunyoul started getting ready for school and deciding to forgo breakfast ran out of the door.

He was just in time for the first lesson which was history. The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly, Sunyoul did stress a little about the tutoring but didn't pay too much attention to it. However during his last lesson, he started thinking. What if his tutor also couldn't help him? He would be in way too much trouble. He would let his parents down! Shoving his thoughts aside, he focused on his class which ended sooner than he thought. Slowly he got up and started walking to the study hall where he would meet up with his tutor. Just before he got there he got a text stating Wooshin had arrived and was sitting at the rightmost table. Just when he wanted to open the door his phone vibrated.

‘BTW I’ve got bright red hair so you can't really miss me :p’

This made Sunyoul stop. Bright red hair, it can't possibly be the hot guy from the cafeteria, right? Shaking to get rid of the sudden nervousness he opened the door. He looked around and couldn’t find him. Where could he possibly be? The study room wasn’t really big so it shouldn't so hard to find someone with red hair. He looked to the right and found him sitting there. Sunyoul gulped, alright, you can do this. Fighting! He slowly walked towards his tutor and tapped him on his shoulder. His tutor looked up at him and smiled. Oh no, it’s him!

“Hello, my name is Sunyoul, are you Wooshin?” The redhead nodded and motioned for Sunyoul to sit down.

“Were you the one I ran over in the cafeteria yesterday?” Sunyoul nodded shyly, trying very hard to not stare at Wooshin’s face. From all the people in this school, why did it have to be him? How am I going to concentrate with such a handsome guy as my tutor? “I thought so, once again I'm very sorry about it. My friend sometimes doesn't pay enough attention to his surroundings.”

“It's okay,” Sunyoul mumbled out and added a bit louder. “Shall we get started on math?”

Wooshin nodded. "Yeah, great idea. Where do you want to start?" Sunyoul grabbed his book from his bag and opened it.

"...Chapter one." He said a bit embarrassed.

"It's okay, we'll just do everything you don't understand."

"But that's basically everything...." Sunyoul mumbled.

“Well, I can help you more often than just today." Wooshin said with a smile.

"That would be nice." Wooshin tutored him the whole afternoon and Sunyoul went home after that.

He was home at 5PM. "Where were you this whole afternoon?" His mother asked as Sunyoul hadn’t told her that he had failed math.

"Mom I was the whole afternoon with Wei and Bitto." His mother nodded and they started eating dinner. After eating Sunyoul went to his room and thought about the whole day. Sure the tutoring went well but maybe that was just luck? He just hoped everything would turn out great in the end. Sighing he started on his homework for the next day. With Wooshin’s help he now understood the basics of the mathematical formulas they were solving in class. Unfortunately that was still nowhere near the things they were doing at school right now. Ah, I think I can better just leave these assignments be. I can't fix these yet anyway, let's just wait until Wooshin explained it to me. At the thought of his tutor a light blush spread on Sunyoul’s cheeks. It was really unbelievable it was the same guy as he had ran into yesterday. Not only was he handsome, he was really nice too. And had a lot of patience even when Sunyoul didn't understand the same question multiple times. Would it be inappropriate if he asked his tutor out on a date? Probably not, since they were around the same age. Not that it really mattered though, he wouldn't be brave enough to ask him anyway. Sunyoul groaned and threw himself on his bed. Ever since he realized he was gay (which was quite some years ago) he hadn't had the guts to ask even one boy out on a date. Wooshin probably isn't into guys anyway, so why bother. And even if they started dating there would be a problem since his parents didn’t know he was into boys. The only people he had dared to tell were his friends, who were very chill about it. He sighed and before he could get even more depressed he decided to head downstairs to watch some TV and think about something else. It worked and he hadn't thought about it until the next day when Wooshin send him a text saying that he was done with school at 3PM. And so they continued tutoring after school throughout the week. The sessions worked, Sunyoul started understanding it a little. He knew the basics and was quite proud of himself. He wasn't at the level of his class yet but that didn't matter. He would get there eventually, if they continued with the tutoring. As they neared the end of their tutoring session on Friday Sunyoul started to worry. They couldn't meet after school in a weekend and he had a test on Monday.

“Wooshin, could we maybe meet up tomorrow or the day after as well?” Sunyoul started shyly. “I've got a test on Monday and I don't think I'm ready yet.”

Wooshin looked up from where he was checking Sunyoul’s answers for the practice questions he had given him. “Sure, you can home to my house tomorrow. My parents aren’t home then, so no one will bother us.” Wooshin smiled at Sunyoul who started to blush a bit. Home alone, with Wooshin, at Wooshin’s house? Oh my.

“Okay, how late should I be there?”

“Around one o'clock or something? I’ll text you my address, give me a sec.”

"Take all the time you need." Sunyoul smiled and waited, while Wooshin was sending his address.

"Here, I live here." Sunyoul looked at his phone and opened the text. That isn’t far from my home. How come I’ve never seen him before?

"Alright, I’ll be there tomorrow at one o’clock." Sunyoul stated more for himself than for Wooshin but he responded anyway. He put his thumb up and continued checking his answers. Sunyoul stared out of the window as he had nothing to do at the moment.

"You’ve got these correct." Sunyoul was happy and time passed before they both knew it. "I have to go home now, see you tomorrow!" He said and waved. Wooshin nodded and also prepared himself to go home. When Sunyoul got home, it was around 5PM and he decided to wait until dinner to tell his mother about him being at Wooshin’s tomorrow.

“Hey mom, dad.” Sunyoul greeted his parents upon entering the living room. “I'll be upstairs, please call me when dinner is ready.” Without waiting for an answer Sunyoul raced upstairs. He knew he shouldn’t be so excited about going to Wooshin’s tomorrow, but he was. He was going to his crush’s house tomorrow and they were going to be alone all day. How could he not get excited, and nervous? What if I do something incredibly stupid at his house? Like breaking an expensive vase or heirloom. Or worse, what if I accidentally confess? Before he could stress himself out even more he decided to lie down for a while and daydream about the most optimistic (and unrealistic) scenarios that could play out. Like Wooshin confessing his love for him and them cuddling (and kissing) on the couch the remaining of the afternoon. Lost in happy thoughts time flew by and before he knew it, it was time for dinner.

“Sunyoullie, dinner is ready!” His mom yelled from downstairs. Quickly Sunyoul shook himself from his daydreams and went downstairs to sit at the dining table. After eating for a bit he decided it would be a good time to tell his parents he wouldn’t be home tomorrow.

“I wanted to tell you, I’m meeting up with a friend tomorrow. So I won’t be home from 1pm onwards.” His parents looked at each other and his mom giggled a bit.

“See honey I told you he has gotten himself a girlfriend! Look at that blush on his cheeks.” She spoke to her husband, who made a small noise in agreement. Sunyoul on the other hand got even redder from embarrassment.

“No, mom! I don’t have a girlfriend!”

“Then explain to me why you're suddenly hanging out with your friends so much. It’s not like you to be gone so much in one week. The only explanation I see is that you’re secretly meeting up with your girlfriend.” She countered with a hint of a smirk on her face. Sunyoul started to feel himself sweat a bit, he has never been the best liar so what could he do now. I can tell them the truth that I'm taking tutoring lessons, but that'll be even more embarrassing than having them believe I've got a girlfriend. He decided to go with a half-truth.

“Is it really that strange for me to be social? Besides the person I am going to tomorrow is a guy named Wooshin. He is a new friend I made after he ran me over in the cafeteria.” Sunyoul stated in a definite voice, even going so far as to cross his arms after talking.

“Suuureeee, if that’s how you want to make friends then I won’t complain.” Sunyoul sighed and decided to give up, his mother wouldn’t believe him.

“But honey, if you have a girlfriend you know you can tell me. I will be happy for you and I’m sure your dad will also be.” She said while putting her hand on her husband’s, who nodded.

“As long as you don’t forget that your studies come first. You know I don't tolerate you slacking off.” His father added in a stern voice. When they were done with eating, Sunyoul stood up and walked upstairs. He decided to grab the stuff he would need for tomorrow. Alright, what do I need to bring along? My book, and…..uhhhh Maybe pencils would be a good idea.

“Sunyoul are you going to do the dishes?” His mother yelled and interrupted Sunyoul’s thoughts.

“Yes mom I’m coming!” Sunyoul ran downstairs. I guess I’ll only need to bring my books. Sunyoul did the dishes and didn’t think about it again. When he was done, he decided to watch some television and leave worrying for tomorrow.

The next morning Sunyoul woke up at 8 AM. He groaned, normally he would sleep till at least 10 o’clock on weekend days. In addition to waking up early he hadn’t been able to fall asleep until way after midnight either. He lay still for a few moments before the nerves for the upcoming afternoon crept up on him again. If he thought about it realistically he knew nothing out of the ordinary would happen. But he still couldn't shake the nerves, though he felt a bit of excitement as well. Sunyoul considered going downstairs to distract himself, but no doubt his mom would again if she found him awake so early. He sighed and eventually decided to download a new game on his phone to pass the time. Surprisingly it worked rather well and before he knew it, it was already a little past eleven. Which meant he only had about one and a half hour left to get ready. Sunyoul felt panic rise, what was he going to wear?! He quickly ran to his dresser and started going through his clothes. After one hour Sunyoul had finally decided. He grabbed his school bag with his math book and other school stuff inside and went downstairs.

“Good morning Sunyoullie, well afternoon I should say. You’re really late today.” His mother walked closer to him and gave him a once over. After that she smiled at him. “But I see now that you just took your time to look good for your date today. You look lovely honey, I’m sure she’ll love it!”

“Mooom, you’re so embarrassing. There is no girlfriend and there is no date! I’m just going to hang out with a friend.” Sunyoul stated once more before stomping off to the kitchen. Sure he loved his mom but sometimes she was a bit too much. But honestly though, I wish what she said was true and today really was a date… Sunyoul shook his head to get rid of his thoughts and made himself a quick breakfast/lunch. After eating he looked at the clock and saw he had about half an hour left before 1 o’clock. Wooshin’s house was around 15 minutes away when he walked. Which gave some spare time right now. In that time he washed his plate, brushed his teeth and once more checked the things in his bag.

“I’m going now! See you later mom.” Sunyoul yelled from the doorway before leaving the house. He started walking towards the address Wooshin had given him. Before he knew it he was already standing in front of a house. Sunyoul felt his heart rate increase when he went up the porch to ring the bell. Within a few seconds Wooshin opened the door.

“Hey Sunyoul, right on time come on in.” He stepped aside to let the other in before closing the door again. “My parents are gone already and won't be back until late at night. Do you want something to drink?”

“A glass of water would be nice.” Sunyoul answered before letting his eyes roam over the room again. When he was let in they were standing in small hallway where Sunyoul took off his shoes and jacket. Right now he was standing in the living room and Wooshin was a few meters away in the kitchen which stood in an open connection to the living room. The room was nicely decorated with warm colors and a few family pictures. Before Sunyoul could take a closer look at the pictures Wooshin came back with the drinks.

“I saw you looking around, do you want a tour of the house?” Wooshin asked with a smile on his face.

"If you don’t mind.” The younger answered shyly. They quickly finished their drinks before Wooshin motioned for Sunyoul to follow him. They walked to the stairs at the edge of the living room.

“Oh by the way, the toilet is located in the hallway. You probably saw the door when you came in.” Wooshin said while making a gesture to the hallway. At the top of the stairs there was another small hallway with four doors. Wooshin opened the first, it was a small room with a washer and dryer in it. The second room was the bedroom of his parents. After that was a closet and finally a moderate sized bathroom. “My room is another floor up, I got the whole floor to myself.” Wooshin with a grin while walking upstairs.

“Woah, your room is so big.” Sunyoul looked around in amazement. My room must be halve the size of his! On the left side of the door there was a king sized bed and on the other side a small lounge set. In the corner opposite to the bed, was a desk and at the other corner a huge closet. Further there was a bookshelf and some plush animals strewn around the room.

“Hahaha thanks, I worked hard to pay for some of this stuff. You took your bag with you right now, right?” Sunyoul nodded and showed him the bag. “Great, then we can start on math right away. Just tell me when you want to have a break.”  


“Okay, I think I need a break now.” Sunyoul groaned while pushing his textbook away. Two hours had passed since they started and he felt like he was about to die.

“Alright, let’s do that I think I need a break as well.” Wooshin stood up. “Let’s go downstairs to eat some snacks and stuff.” Sunyoul followed the other to the living room. “Are chips alright with you?”

“Yeah that’s fine. Can I have some more water please?” Wooshin nodded before getting everything. They sat down on the couch with the chips in front of them.

“So Sunyoul, we’re always doing math, but let’s become better friends. What do you like to in your free time?” The redhead asked while looking at the other.

“Well, I really like singing when I have the time.” Sunyoul admitted shyly. His mom always told him he could be a well-known singer with his voice, but his dad wanted him to go to school instead.

“Cool can you sing something for me?” Wooshin looked up at him with an expectant look in his eyes. Sunyoul shook his head and decided to answer with a quote his friends always used.

“There’s a time and place for everything Wooshin, but not now.”

“Hey that’s a quote from Pokémon!” Wooshin yelled excitedly while laughing, before asking a bit calmer. “Do you play?”

“Hahaha yeah I do, though the quote is something my friends always say.” Sunyoul admitted while chuckling slightly. “I’ve watched and played Pokémon since I was five.”

“So you’re an old generation Pokémon player like me. What do you think about the newer generations? To be honest some, well most of them, look a bit fake to me.”

“Yeah, I feel that way too. My friend Bitto though, is a complete fan of the newer generations.”

“My friend Kogyeol as well!” They continued talking for a while before they remembered Sunyoul was there for a reason. And so they continued with math for another two hours.


“I think you know enough now for your test upcoming Monday.” Wooshin said while stretching out. “It’s already six o’clock too. Wanna stay for dinner?”

“Sure, I’ll text my mom to let her know.” Sunyoul quickly shoved his stuff back into his bag. After following Wooshin downstairs he grabbed his phone to text his mom. Within minutes he got an answer back stating to have fun going out for dinner with his girlfriend. Sunyoul sighed before walking over to Wooshin who just finished his call to the pizza place.

“I ordered us an extra-large one so we can share. I hope you like pepperoni?” Sunyoul nodded, sure he liked pepperoni. To be honest I’d probably like anything he ordered. “Great, shall we play a game while we wait? I think I have a Pokémon game playable with multiple players.”

“Alright.” They had played for about an hour before they heard the doorbell ring. Wooshin paused the game before getting up to open the door. Sunyoul saw he left the money on the table so he grabbed it and quickly followed the other. He noticed the other had already opened the door so Sunyoul quickly walked over to hand Wooshin the money. He looked over to the pizza deliverer. Wow he’s handsome, he’s no Wooshin, but still. The nametag said the delivery boy’s name was ‘Kim Rokhyun’ (stan talent, stan 100%). Before Sunyoul could stare some more though, Wooshin had already paid and handed him the pizza. They thanked Rokhyun (stan talent, stan 100%) and closed the door.

“Wanna eat on the couch?” Wooshin asked him while actually already clearing the coffee table.

“Sure.” Sunyoul placed the pizza on the table and sat down next to Wooshin on the couch. While eating they gossiped about their teachers and classmates. After dinner Sunyoul didn’t want to go home yet. “When are your parents coming home?”

“Hmm probably not before 12 o’clock, why do you ask?”

“Ah, no reason, just curious.” Sunyoul answered a bit awkwardly. “So… do you want me to leave now?”

“Don’t be silly! It’s only 7PM, you can stay.” Wooshin said while walking over to the cupboard underneath the TV. “We can watch a movie, we’ve got a lot of them.”

“Okay.” Sunyoul answered and walked over to where Wooshin was crouching down. “What kind of movies do you like to watch?”

“Well I normally like to watch action movies, but I’m kind of feeling like watching the first Pokémon movie now.” Wooshin laughed sheepishly, obviously feeling a little embarrassed over his suggestion. “If you’re alright with that of course. We can also watch something else if you want.”

“Hahaha, we can watch Pokémon. But I can’t promise I won’t cry, so be prepared for that.” Sunyoul said with a laugh.

“No worries, me too.” Wooshin grabbed the movie and put it in the DVD player. Then he walked over to where the other had sat down on the couch. Together they watched the movie, they were having fun looking at the old generation Pokémon. That was up until Ash turned into stone and Pikachu started to cry. Sunyoul felt tears well up in his eyes. He looked over at Wooshin and saw unshed tears shining in the other’s eyes as well. Slowly Sunyoul started crying along with the Pokémon on the screen. Suddenly Sunyoul felt a comforting hand on his thigh. He glanced over at the other, who was still watching the screen. The place where Wooshin’s hand was touching felt very warm. The feeling slowly spread through Sunyoul and he completely forgot about the movie still playing in the background. He also forgot his tears and started to feel his heart beat quicker. For the rest of the movie Wooshin kept his hand where it was resting on Sunyoul’s thigh. After the last scene Wooshin removed his hand to stretch out. “So did you enjoy the movie?”

“Hmm I did.” Sunyoul said, still a little bit in shock.

“Want to watch a comedy or something after the drama that is a Pokémon movie?” Wooshin asked chuckling. Sunyoul nodded. Though I’m not sure if I’ll survive another hour and a half with you. “Alright, you choose the movie, I’ll go make some popcorn.”

Sunyoul walked over to the cupboard to pick a movie. To be honest he didn't watch many movies so he didn't really know which one was a good one to watch. He read a few descriptions before picking two movies to let Wooshin choose his favorite. He walked over to the kitchen, still looking at the covers and thus not noticing where he was going. Suddenly he collided with something solid and fell backwards to the ground from the impact. When he opened his eyes Wooshin’s face was very close to his own. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! While panicking on the inside, Sunyoul was frozen on the outside. Apparently Wooshin was having the same problem as him, since he wasn’t moving either. Sunyoul caught Wooshin glancing over at his lips before looking into his eyes again. Oh my god! Is he leaning closer, or am I just imagining things? Is he going to kiss me?! No, Wooshin’s face was definitely coming closer to his. Sunyoul saw Wooshin close his eyes and decided to do the same. Oh my god, this is really happening! Just when their lips were about to touch, the microwave started beeping. As if he got an electric shock, Wooshin moved away. Awkwardly laughing he extended a hand towards Sunyoul who was still on the ground. “I’m sorry, were you hurt?”

“No, I’m okay.” Sunyoul was still a little dazed from the almost kiss. I wonder if Wooshin feels it, too.

“That’s great. Uhm, I’ll go get the popcorn.” While Wooshin went back to the kitchen, Sunyoul sat down on the couch. Great, if I wasn’t already awkward enough around him. This will definitely make it worse. I wonder what Wooshin is going to do, though. “So which movie did you pick?”

Sunyoul shook up from his thoughts. Without him noticing Wooshin had sat down next to him together with a big bowl of popcorn. “Ah, I didn't know which one to choose from these two.”

“I really like that one, so shall we watch that one?” Wooshin answered while pointing at the DVD in Sunyoul’s right hand. Sunyoul nodded and handed the other the movie. Wooshin stood up and put the DVD in the DVD player. Sunyoul had to admit the movie was pretty funny, though he still couldn't completely forget the person sitting mere centimeters away from him. Still time flew by quite fast and soon the movie was over. They sat in an awkward silence for a while before Sunyoul spoke up.

“My mom is probably expecting me home soon, so I should go.” Wooshin nodded and walked Sunyoul to the door.

“I had fun today, we really should hangout again sometime.” Sunyoul put on his shoes and jacket and grabbed his bag.

“Yeah, we should. I’ll see you again on Monday, I guess. Goodbye.” Sunyoul smiled and walked out of the door, before he could walk away completely Wooshin spoke up again.

“Sunyoul!”

"Yes?” Wooshin looked like he was contemplating what to say. He shook his head before smiling.

“Good luck on your test Monday.” Sunyoul nodded his thanks before waving and finally going home. When he got home it was already a quarter past eleven. Surprisingly enough his mom was still waiting for him on the couch, even though she had work early the next morning.

“Hi mom.”

“Sunyoullie! You’re back late, did you have fun?” His mom asked with a sly smile on her face.

“Yeah I did.” Sunyoul said unable to hide his small blush. His mom, of course, immediately noticed.

“That’s great, hopefully not too much fun though.”

“Mom!” Sunyoul yelled out with a horrified expression. His mother laughed.

“Just kidding, I trust you. Was your girlfriend pretty today?”

“Yes, mom, Wooshin was very pretty today.” Sunyoul deadpanned, he was seriously done with this girlfriend nonsense.

“Alright then, was your boyfriend pretty today?” She asked with a smirk. At that Sunyoul turned completely red and started spluttering.

“I- He’s not- I’m not. MOM!” Sunyoul groaned when his mom started laughing loudly. “I’m going to bed.”

“Goodnight honey. Have nice dreams about him!” His mom yelled after him. A faint ‘MOM’ could be heard from the stairs.  


The next day wasn't really interesting for Sunyoul, the only thing he did all day long was studying. On Monday morning he was feeling slightly nervous. If he didn't score at least an eight on this test it was over. Right before his first period started and with that his math test began he received a text from Wooshin.

‘Good luck on your test, Sunyoul. I know you can do it. Fighting!’

Without Sunyoul being aware of it he started smiling. Wooshin believed in him, yes he could do this! Before long the teacher asked the class to quiet down and started handing out the test. Sunyoul looked over at the questions and was relieved to see the things he had to solve were things he and Wooshin had done together on Saturday. With ease he flew through the test, he even had time left when he was done, which had never happened before. He handed his answer sheet to the teacher, who looked surprised to see him finish early and quietly left the classroom. He walked over to the room where his next lesson was. He looked through the window and saw another class was still going on. Getting ready to take a step back again, he suddenly saw a person sitting with bright red hair. Oh my gosh, this is Wooshin’s class. Sunyoul sat down on the benched placed opposite to the classroom. After about ten minutes the bell rang and students started leaving the classroom. Sunyoul sat silently on the bench, not really knowing if he wanted Wooshin to notice him or not. Fortunately for him he didn't have to choose.

“Hey Sunyoul! How did the test go?” Sunyoul looked up and saw Wooshin standing in front of him with his arm around someone he didn’t know.

“It went great! Thanks!”

“Hey.” The unknown person spoke up. “Are you the one Wooshin is tutoring? My name is Kogyeol, nice to meet you.”

“Ah yes, that’s me.” Sunyoul shook the hand Kogyeol held out to him. “My name is Sunyoul.”

“We have to go now though. See you later!” Wooshin dragged his friend with him in the direction Sunyoul came from. At the same time Sunyoul saw his own friends arriving at the classroom.

“Did you cheat?” Was the first thing leaving Wei’s mouth when he was close enough to the other.

“Yeah seriously, you were done so quickly, and that test was hard.” Bitto added.

“I didn't cheat, guys, I got a tutor remember?” Sunyoul said while shaking his head. He knew they weren’t (completely) serious, but still couldn’t they have a little faith in him? I’m not that hopeless, right? Still talking they headed to their next lesson. After another 3 hours it was finally time for lunch. Sunyoul and his friends were seated at their usual table, when suddenly a familiar voice spoke up.

“Hey Sunyoul, is it alright if we sit with you guys?” Wooshin asked with Kogyeol standing next to him.

“Sure.” Sunyoul looked over at his friends, they didn’t seem to mind the others joining them. “This is Bitto, and that is Wei.” After Wooshin and Kogyeol had introduced themselves as well they sat down.

“So, Bitto, I heard you’re a fan of the newer Pokémon generations… Are you crazy?” Wooshin said while looking straight at Bitto. While the poor boy looked a bit shocked at this sudden outburst, Sunyoul could only laugh. Kogyeol on the contrary felt embarrassed by his friend and gave him a whack on his head.

“Don’t worry Bitto, he’s just being stupid as usual. I actually like the newer generations as well. Who’s your favorite?” After that Bitto and Kogyeol easily started talking with Wei eventually joining in, as someone being neutral on the subject. Sunyoul turned to Wooshin.

“I can’t believe you attacked my friend like that, though it was hilarious to see his shocked expression.”

"Yeah I’m sorry, thought it was a good way to avoid the awkwardness that always comes when new people join a group. Though I might not become the best friends with Bitto after this.” Wooshin said while chuckling.

“Well at least your intention was good.” Sunyoul looked over at the other three. “And it seems like it worked for them.”

“Yeah it did.” Wooshin turned his attention to Sunyoul. “So how was the rest of your weekend? Hopefully not completely filled with studying?” And so the rest of their lunch was filled with pleasant conversation. The rest of the day was a bit less interesting for Sunyoul. After school he came home where his mom fortunately was silent about his ‘girlfriend’ for once. While doing his homework he suddenly heard his phone signaling he had a message. Abandoning his homework he grabbed his phone.

‘Heyyyyy, is it alright if we come and sit with you guys again tomorrow?’ Sunyoul smiled at the innocent question.

‘Of course! You don’t have to ask that ;)’ Sunyoul mentally applauded himself for being brave enough to send that smiley. Not even a minute passed before his phone made a sound again.

‘Alright, great ^^’ With that Sunyoul thought their conversation would be over, but before he even had the time to put his phone in sleeping mode again, he got another message.

‘Would you like to hang out tomorrow after school?’ EEEEEEEEH is this like a date?!? Sunyoul could feel blood rushing to his cheeks. Ah no no no, he means just as friends… probably. Ugh! He pushed his books away from him and threw himself on his bed. Why does this have to be so complicated?! After laying still for a few moments he remembered he still had to text Wooshin back.

‘Sure that would be nice!’ Sunyoul texted back. He looked over at the remaining homework he still had to do and sighed. With reluctance he pushed himself back to his desk and started writing again.

The next day started out as any other, which was until after lunch when Sunyoul entered his math class. For once his teacher was smiling at him before she called him over. A bit wary Sunyoul walked over.

“Congratulations, Sunyoul! Your tutor paid off, you got the highest grade of the class.” His teacher said with a smile while handing Sunyoul his test back. On top of his paper a 9.5 was circled together with a little smiley. Sunyoul thanked her with a big smile and walked to his place. Bitto and Wei, who were already seated immediately turned to Sunyoul.

“What did you get?” Wei yelled out, while Bitto didn't even wait for Sunyoul to answer and grabbed his paper out of his hand.

“No way man, you got a 9.5?!” Bitto yelled out in disbelief. Wei quickly snatched the paper from Bitto.

“Woooow, maybe we should get a tutor as well, dude.” Sunyoul looked over at their papers, sadly only a 5 was seen on Wei’s paper and a 4 on Bitto’s.

“It wouldn’t hurt I guess.” Bitto mumbled right before the teacher announced the lesson was starting. During the lesson, in which they were discussing the test, Sunyoul let his mind wander to his meeting with Wooshin after school. Would Wooshin be proud of him, due to his 9.5? Sunyoul started smiling again, of course he would and then they would get ice cream, admit their feelings and get married. He shook his head, that might have gone a bit far. But wait, if I have a 9.5, then that would mean the tutoring will stop. Then I’ll see Wooshin less… That can’t happen! Quickly Sunyoul thought up a plan. If I copy Bitto’s paper in my own handwriting and write my name above it then I can convince Wooshin I got a 4!

“Hey Bitto, can I lend your paper for a moment?” Bitto looked at him a little strange, but handed his test over anyway. Rapidly Sunyoul started copying Bitto’s answers together with the markings of their teacher on a new paper. When he was done he quietly handed Bitto his paper back and looked satisfied at his now new test with a nice red four on it. Before long the bell rang signifying the lesson had ended. This also meant school was now over and Sunyoul was going to meet up with Wooshin. They had agreed to meet up at the gate in front of the school. After bidding goodbye to his friends Sunyoul headed over to the gate. When he got there he was alone so he pulled out his phone to start playing a game for a while.

“Boo!” Someone suddenly yelled from behind Sunyoul, causing him to almost drop his phone.

“Wah, Wooshin, you shouldn’t scare me like that!” Wooshin laughed before apologizing.

“I’m really craving some ice cream, shall we go get some?”

"Sure.” Sunyoul nodded and they started walking to the nearest ice cream parlor they knew, which fortunately wasn’t that far away. While walking they talked about their day, and Sunyoul managed to avoid talking about math. When they got to the shop they both ordered an ice cream before sitting down at a little table inside. Too bad for Sunyoul his good luck ran out that moment.

“You had math today, right?” Hesitantly Sunyoul nodded. “Did you get your grade?”

“Yeah I did.”

“Well? What was it?” Wooshin asked with much enthusiasm. Slowly Sunyoul reached inside his bag to get his test. Why did I go through all this trouble? I could’ve just lied and said we didn't get the grades yet. Oh well too late to back out now.

“... You only got a four, how?” Wooshin looked over the test again, this time with a bit more care. “But the mistakes you made, we went over this!”

“Sorry.” Sunyoul said with a small voice. I’m even sorrier for deceiving you, though.

“Wait...” Suddenly Sunyoul felt his blood run cold, he couldn't have caught on right. “You would never make this mistake. Moreover your teacher’s handwriting looks very similar to yours. Is this fake?”

At this Sunyoul turned red and started stuttering. “I- no- that is-” Wooshin just kept staring at him, until Sunyoul couldn’t keep the truth from him any longer. Defeated he said, “Yeah, it’s fake.”

“Alright then, what’s your real grade, and why did you lie? It is not worse, right?” Wooshin ended hesitantly.

“No it isn’t, I got a 9.5.” Sunyoul reached into his bag again and this time took out his real test and handed it to the other.

“This seems way more plausible yes.” Wooshin said with a nod. “But if you got a 9.5 then why did you feel the need to fake a bad grade?”

“It’s, it’s because…”Sunyoul sighed. “The reason is stupid, I don’t want to tell you.”

“Sunyoul.” Wooshin looked over at him in a way that said they weren’t going anywhere until he told the truth.

“I- it’s just, with a grade like this, my average will be good enough to last me through the year.” Sunyoul slowly started talking softer and softer. “Which means you won’t need to tutor me anymore and we’ll see each other less and then you’re going to forget about me.” Sunyoul ended almost in a whisper.

“You’re crazy! Of course I’m not gonna forget about you! Just because I won’t have to tutor you anymore doesn’t mean we’ll stop hanging out. Besides we’re out today, and this meeting has nothing to do with tutoring right?” Wooshin reached over to place his hand on Sunyoul’s arm for a moment. “There’s really nothing to worry about. Unless there’s more you’re not telling me now.”

“No, no there’s nothing.” Sunyoul said with a red face.

“Alright then, but there is something I want to tell you.” Wooshin looked straight at him, Oh god, it would be a dream if he confessed right now, right? “I like you. I actually asked your friends if you were into boys and since they said you were this was kind of my way of taking you out on a date. But if you don’t like me like that, then that’s okay as well and we can just stay friends and-.”

“Wooshin stop.” Sunyoul smiled. “I like you, too.” Okay Sunyoul you said it, don’t faint now.

“That's great, I feel relieved.” Wooshin said with a big smile on his face as well. “Does this mean I can call you my boyfriend now?”

Sunyoul turned red before shyly answering. “Yes of course you can. I’d be happy to be your boyfriend.” By saying it himself Sunyoul felt his blush intensifying.

“Great!” Wooshin smiled. “So, my dear boyfriend, can I consider this our first date then?”

“Sure, though I do hope you've planned more than just us getting ice cream together.” Sunyoul said teasingly with a smile while taking a bite out of his ice cream.

“Of course! The movie where we saw the trailer from last Saturday is running in an hour and a half, so I thought we could go see that. After the movie it’ll be time for dinner so I thought we could go to that new place that opened just a few days ago. Sounds good?”

The rest of their date went better than Sunyoul ever dared to hope. They held hands during the movie and during dinner Wooshin even fed him a piece of food. Wooshin, like a real gentleman had walked him home and now they were saying their goodbyes. Would it be too much of me to want him to kiss me on our first date?

“So did our date meet your expectations?” Wooshin asked teasingly, already knowing Sunyoul had a good time.

“Of course it did! It was really nice.” Sunyoul answered with a big smile.

“That’s great.” Wooshin said softly while stepping a little closer to the other. He put his hands on Sunyoul’s waist. “Can I make it even nicer though?”

“Yes… please.” Sunyoul placed his hands on Wooshin’s shoulders, Oh my god, is this really happening? Is he really going to kiss me? Slowly Wooshin leaned in and softly placed his lips on Sunyoul’s. Upon contact Sunyoul let out a soft sigh, this was his first kiss but it was perfect. They slowly moved their lips against each other’s, and even though Sunyoul never wanted it to end, they had to part for air after a while. After breaking apart Wooshin rested his forehead against Sunyoul’s.

“I guess we have to say goodbye now, right?” Wooshin said, still with his eyes closed. “I want to stay with you though.”

“I know, I don’t want you to go either, but we’ll see each other again at school tomorrow.” Sunyoul softly spoke while taking a step back.

“You’re right.” Wooshin leaned forward to give Sunyoul one more peck on his lips. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” Sunyoul waved while Wooshin walked away. When he couldn’t see the other anymore he turned around to go inside. Turning around he leaned against the door and sighed life’s good. Being so caught up in his feelings he didn’t notice his mother walking into the hallway.

“So did you have a nice day today?” She asked while suggestively raising her eyebrows.

“Yes I did.” Sunyoul answered quickly. She couldn’t have seen our kiss right? “I’m going to sleep now mom.”

“Sunyoullie?” Sunyoul turned around on the stairs.

“Yes?”

“Invite your boyfriend over for dinner sometime, I’d love to meet him.” She said with a wink before walking into the living room.

“Moooooooom!” 



A/N: Don't forget to listen to White Night! Let's get Up10tion their first win!!!