shower. bubble;

Bad Dream, Good Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One.

There, at a dark space, Wonwoo stood. He didn’t know where he was, and all he saw was darkness. A moment passed, and somewhere, formed a light for him to see something. Mingyu.

“Oh god, Mingyu,” Wonwoo kneeled to see the other, who looked unconscious—maybe even dead—oh god.

 

“Mingyu, don’t fool with me,” Wonwoo felt his wrist pulse, yet didn’t feel anything. The skin felt cold and looked pale, like dead. Mingyu was dead. Wonwoo didn’t lose hope. He wasn’t supposed to.

 

After looking at the laying body, bubbles of memories flashed on his sight. Bubbles, like they were blown on front of his face.

He remembered the first bubble. His first memory together with Mingyu.

 

“Wonwoo-ah, I.. r-really l-like you!” Mingyu stuttered, Wonwoo didn’t expect that from the boy he liked, or rather, the boy he loved. What a surprise, he didn’t think Mingyu would even grab the courage to confess to him at all. And now here they are.

 

“I..I like you too.” He took his hand, where the taller flinched at his touch but sooner relaxed into it, felt comfortable with it.

 

Then they always held hands. Wonwoo couldn’t even cope without that warm touch. He craved it, needed it.

Everything was perfect at that moment.

 

Then other memories flashed, in bubbles, caged in the past. Memories that made his heart melt— like when Mingyu begged they would get a pet dog and puppy, yet it wasn’t allowed in their place. Wonwoo couldn’t resist the other, damn, Mingyu was so adorable, like a puppy, but way more adorable than that.

 

Or that time when they had their first month together, Mingyu baked a chocolate cake for Wonwoo and surprised him with his friends and balloons and love letters. It was great, the cake, letters, and the memories, them being together. But there was Mingyu, he lay on the ground, helpless, even looking translucent. Dead.

 

Blood stains on Mingyu’s white collared suit, bubbles everywhere, fading whenever he looked behind. Pain running in his head.

 

Wonwoo couldn’t believe it.  Mingyu is dead.

 

* * *

 

"Agh, Mingyu!" Wonwoo woke up from his bad dream, sobbing.

 

He felt warm hands brush on his back. It was Mingyu.

 

"What's wrong, Wonwoo-ah?" the younger sat up to look at Wonwoo, who couldn't stop his tears. Mingyu felt sleepy, but oh well.

 

"B-bad dream..." Wonwoo said in between sobs. The younger was there; he hugged him and wiped his tears away.

 

"I'm here, okay? Don't cry anymore," Mingyu caressed the elder’s back, and he finally started to calm down. He doesn't know what his dream meant, and it was terrifying. He didn't want to lose Mingyu, not now, not ever.

 

Mingyu pulled him to the kitchen and got him a glass of water. Wonwoo drank it, and they decided to go back to sleep. Wonwoo hugged on Mingyu tight, scared that in the morning he would be gone.

 

 

Two.

 

Wonwoo kept on having nightmares about his boyfriend, and memories about how Mingyu dies kept playing on his mind as he was haunted by the nightmares.

 

He wakes up, crying, and then it wakes Mingyu up from his sleep.

 

"Bad dream again?" Mingyu rubbed soft circles on the other's back, and instructed the other to inhale then slowly exhale.

 

Wonwoo nodded, and again Mingyu wiped his tears. "What is it about?"

 

"About you, Mingyu," Wonwoo hiccups and he felt sad to have the nightmares repeatedly but happy because he wakes up with Mingyu comforting him.

 

"What happened to me?" Mingyu stifled his yawn, still rubbing the elder’s back.

 

"Y-you.. d-died."

 

"That's not gonna happen, Wonwoo-ah."

 

The seriousness in Mingyu’s tone made Wonwoo believe him. He wouldn’t leave him, right? They would die on the right a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter