The Middle (Part I)

Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Middle (Part I)

 

“So Nana is really close with your parents?”

“Of course.” My girl is really close with them that she decided to spend her weekend on my parents’ house. “She left me for them.”

“Are you being dramatic now? Should a get a tissue, babe?”

“Sometimes I want to punch the guts out of you. And don’t call me that.” I tell him honestly. But even though that’s the case, I know one thing that I can never deny: if there’s one person that I want to end and love at the same time, it’s him.  I snuggled closer to him. “But you’re lucky.”

“How so?”

“I love you so much that I’d rather not do that to you.”

“Wow,” he chuckled. If there’s a sound I really like, it was the sound of voice chuckling. I know I’m weird but there’s some kind of comfort in it. “Well,” and even though I can’t see his face right now, I know he’s smiling. “Maybe I really am.”

And even though I have fallen in love at such vulnerable age, I wasn’t really able to define it before. Well before Nana came into my life. My girl. She’s my greatest love. But then again, there’s a difference between loving someone and being in love again. And maybe I still have a long way to go – or maybe it was the two of us – I think I already know the meaning of it. “But I’m luckier.”

“Don’t you find it weird that we’re not really this cheesy but sometimes—”

“Dummy. It’s because you love me. It was your fault.”

“Why do you keep on insisting that everything’s my fault? Girl, it was your fault that I’m becoming like a main character from a chick-flick movie.”

“Okay let’s just stop talking. I’m really sleepy?”

“Oh yeah?” and he started kissing me.

“Mark?”

“Hmmmhm?”

“D..do you want to do it?”

“I should be the one asking you that, Wendy.” His voice is so low that it’s making my heart crazy. I want to… run away again. But no. I’m not doing that ever again. One thing I found out because of him: there are some truths in life that will make everything so much better than they already are.

“I don’t – I’m… Uh,”

“We’re only going to do it when you’re ready.”

“Okay.”

“Okay?” he chuckled again. “Okay.”

We made out until we’re both so tired and “It’s late and – ”

“And?”

“I’m really hungry.”

“Do you want me to cook for you?”

“Do you even know how to cook?” He looked offended but I’m not sorry. I have a daughter to worry about. I can’t die yet. I need something edible.

“I can cook.”

“Really?”

“I have frozen pizza on the fridge…”

“And you have a microwave,” I rolled my eyes, “Seriously, next time I’ll cook you decent food. You can’t be eating junk food forever.”

“I’m not sure if you’re insulting me but,” he kissed my cheek for the last time before getting out of bed and pulling me with him, “Thanks.”

***

“So there’s a bit of a problem,” He tells me. I raised an eyebrow to encourage him to keep on talking. “I want you to wear my shirt but you seemed to have enough clothes.”

“Oh so that’s a problem now?”

“I think so? Because it’s stressing me out?”

“What the heck? Is it a weird of yours or something? Oh my goodness—”

“Shut up. I just want you to wear it. You look cute with really big clothing.”

“Did you just called me cu—”

“I just want us to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter