final

Idol on Cam!

Jungkook could not help but smiled all the time during their way to a tv station. He would have a record as an mc for a new variety show titled ‘Idol on Cam!’. It was not because the guest he would meet that made him so happy but his mc partner. It was Solbin from Laboum. Yes, he secretly adored the girl so much that he could not even sleep last night just thinking about her.

“Kookie yah, you have to control your face, you know?” asked the manager hyung from the passenger seat as he looked at Jungkook, who was sitting on the backseat, through the rear-view mirror.

Jungkook automatically stopped smiling then he frowned at the manager. “What do you mean?” he asked back in confusion. “Control my face? What’s with my face?”

The manager hyung chuckled before giving his artist the answer. “You look like an idiot with that smiling face, don’t you know it?”

“Heeyyy…” Jungkook pouted at the response. “My fans told me that I’m cute that way!”

“Because they’re being biased while I’m not,” said the manager hyung. “I know you have a crush on that Solbin girl but please don’t make it too obvious or you’ll be in danger.”

“What kind of danger?”

The manager hyung shrugged her shoulders. “It may be bad for your job for sure.”

“Then tell me how to control my face when I’m with her!” demanded Jungkook as he leaned forwards to the seat the manager hyung sat on. “I think I’ll be fainting the moment I see her face later. God! What should I do?!” Jungkook cupped his face with both of his hands and he showed his panic face that only made his manager chuckled again. Louder than the previous one. “Hyuuuunggg… you have to help me! Pleaseeee…!!!”

 

***

 

“How’s your feeling for today’s job, Solbinie?” asked the stylist unnie as she styled Solbin’s hair into a ponytail.

Solbin lifted her face up from her cellphone before she answered the question with a wide smile. “Good!” Her eyes turned into a pair of crescents that made her look cuter. The stylist unnie even stopped her job for a while to pinch the artist’s cheek lightly.

“You’re lucky that you’ll be working with handsome guys!” said the stylist unnie. Then she checked on Solbin’s appearance. “I should make you more beautiful than ever for this show.”

“Don’t be exaggerated, unnie!” Solbin chuckled. “It’ll be like any other job I used to have.”

“But you’re gonna be mc-ing with Jungkook from Bangtan Boys and your today’s guest star is Seventeen!” exclaimed the stylist unnie excitedly. “Sol, they are the hottest men in this k-pop world, don’t you know?”

“I know,” Solbin nodded. “I just want to be relaxed by not thnking about that fact. It’ll just make me nervous, unnie,” she said honestly as she pouted cutely at the stylist unnie that made her another pinch on her cheek.

Suddenly, the door was slammed opened from the outside that made both Solbin and her stylist looked at the person. It was Laboum’s manager oppa. He looked flusttered but he flashed a smile at Solbin before he went to a water dispenser for a drink.

“What’s up?” asked the stylist unnie to the manager oppa with worry.

“Nothing,” replied the manager oppa after he took a seat next to Solbin. “I just could not remember which room I left you guys.”

“Oh my! I thought we got a problem!” exclaimed the stylist unnie in annoyance as she hit the manager oppa’s chest lightly.

Solbin just laughed at the scene in front of her, but gradually her laughter went off as she caught a figure that was standing outside the room. “Oh! Jungkook-ssi?”

 

***

 

The manager hyung told Jungkook to act like a cold guy in front of Solbin and he tried but he failed. He just could not stop the heart-beating inside his body when he was with the girl. Being up close with her made him even worse. He felt like a real idiot for Solbin.

“Jungkook-ssi,” Solbin’s voice snapped him out of his thought.

Jungkook blinked a few times before he responded to the call. “Yeah?”

“You have to look at the camera in front of us, not me.”

The words that came out of Solbin’s lips made Jungkook’s face redden. Some crews that were aound them were chuckling as they heard that words too. Jungkook wanted to dig a hole and threw himself in it so badly to hide his embarrassment, but he just chuckled in response.

“It’s okay, Kookie!” the cameraman said. “Just relax!”

Jungkook nodded. Then, with Solbin, both of them were ready to shoot.

“1… 2… 3… Action!”

“The place where you can see your favorite idols’ true-selves and ask everything to them…”

“The one and only… ‘Idol on Cam!’. Show us your true-selves! Hello, everyone! I’m Jungkook…”

“And I’m Solbin. We’ll be with you for an hour ahead to help you figure out your idols’ true-selves!”

The sound of clapping hands was heard in the studio then gradually went off and changed into the softer background music.

“Solbin-ssi, what do you want to know if you have a chance to find out your idols’ true-selves?”

“Hmm… I’m gonna ask them about their dorm life. Like… who’s sharing a room with whom or who’s in charge of making breakfast… just like that!”

“That sounds interesting! The dorm life hasn’t really revealed by many idols indeed.”

“Yes! And that’s why I want to know about it. By the way, Jungkook-ssi, who’s our guest star today?”

“Our guest star is a hot boy group that will make your heart melted when you see them!”

“Really? A hot boy group? Could it be… Bangtan Boys?”

“Bangtan Boys is a hot boy group, but it’s not our guest star today… sadly.”

“Then who?”

“I give you a hint! It has thirteen members and has three sub units.”

“Hmmm… could it be… ah, I know it! It’s Seventeen, isn’t it?”

“You’re right, Solbin-ssi! Seventeen will be here to reveal their true-selves only for you, guys, and they also will answer any question you have sent to us on our twitter account.”

“Kyaaaa… Jungkook-ssi, I think I’ll be fainting when I see them in person! What should I do?”

“Relax, Solbin-ssi! All you have to do is just look at me! Hehe…”

“What a lame idea! Hehe… just joking, okay? hehe…”

“So… what are waiting for? Let’s welcome our today’s guest star! SEVENTEEN!!!”

 

***

 

The show went so well and they wrapped it up perfectly. Jungkook finally could act well when he had to sit next to Solbin and the staff told them that they had made a good job together. It made Jungkook relieve of course because he could not stop thinking how his face would be during the show. He promised himself to watch the show when it would be aired.

Seventeen as the guest star was good too to cooperate with the two mcs. They were so fun that there was no icy moment during the shoot and it was so helpful. Jungkook and DK had an interaction when they were recalling of their school days because they went to the same school. Jungkook also had a moment with Mingyu since they had been friends for a year, less or more.

Jungkook was about to congratulate Solbin after the show with a bouquest of flowers he bought, but he was stopped when he saw the door of the waiting room Solbin was in slightly opened. He was unsure whether he just came in or knocked first, but before he could do one of them, a familiar voice came inside the room that made him curious and peeked in. He was startled to see Mingyu was there, hugging Solbin’s waist and kissing her cheeks so lovingly. Jungkook did not know what made him to bark-in into the room and slammed the door to close it which made Mingyu and Solbin look at him in surprise.

“Jungkook-ssi…” Solbin tried to pull herself off of Mingyu’s arms, but the man did not let her.

Jungkook did not like what he just saw, but he tried to focus on Mingyu. “What are you doing in this room, Gyu?” he asked, ignoring the call from Solbin.

“I’m congratulating my girl for her first recording for this new show,” said Mingyu with a wide smile that made Jungkook sick to see that. “Are you going to do the same?” he asked as he pointed to the bouquet in Jungkook’s hand.

Automatically, Jungkook looked at his hand and he just remembered about the bouquet. Suddenly, he did not want to do it. “I did, but now… I don’t know,” he answered then he turned his face to Solbin who looked at him with guilty. “Are you guys dating?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Sol!” Mingyu pouted at Solbin after the girl answered the question with a no.

“We’re just friend, Jungkook-ssi,” said Solbin. “Close friends.” Then she hugged Mingyu tightly with the same look on her face as she looked at Jungkook. “Please, don’t tell anyone about this.”

“I won’t,” said Jungkook as he walked closer to them. “But… you have to let me be the third wheel in your close friendship. Is it okay?”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Seriously, Sol…” Mingyu whined as he looked at Solbin with frustration. “I can tell that he wants you to be his girlfriend and I don’t want it to happen because you’re mine!”

“Don’t be possessive, Gyu!” said Jungkook. He was happy that Solbin let him to be in their circle. “Didn’t you hear that Solbin only considers you as a friend?”

“A close one, remember?” said Mingyu as he tightened the hug.

A knock on the door made the three of them automatically turn their faces to it and the saw Laboum’s manager oppa standing. He looked flusttered at the scene as he cleared his throat and said, “Sorry, gentlemen, but I have to pick Solbin up because she has another schedule.”

“I’m coming, oppa!” said Solbin. Then she pulled away from Mingyu and gave him a peck on his lips. “See you, my big puppy!”

“Solbin-ssi, you forget me,” whined Jungkook before Solbin walked out of the room.

Solbin turned her body to face Jungkook. She smiled at him before she said, “We barely know each other, Jungkook-ssi. I can’t have skinship with you yet. Sorry.”

Mingyu laughed as he looked at Jungkook’s sad face after Solbin’s leaving. He wrapped an arm on Jungkook’s shoulder and patted it lightly. “It’s okay, Kookie~” he said. “She’s not an easy one indeed. You have to be patient!”

Jungkook let a heavy sigh before he lifted his face up to meet Mingyu’s. “I’m jealous with you, you know?”

“I know,” Mingyu said without trying to stop smiling. He knew he had a rival to win Solbin’s heart, but he did not really mind it at the time.

 

***

 

A/N: I don’t really like what I wrote but I tried to type what I had in mine so… this is it! a messy writing from me heol… by the way, the form of the show is like After School Club, but it’s aired on tv and recorded, not a live one. this is my first time to write the mc-ing scene and I feel failed orz. Please forgive me for the grammatical errors and typo mistakes! And feel free to write your comment. I wont bite lol. Thank you for reading!!!