Warm You Up

Warm You Up

A/N: Hopefully this isn't too bad--I've been swamped with admin work and requests so I decided to merge some things and kill two birds with one stone. We're actually doing a "just fall things" series on tumblr, so I meshed it together with your prompt. I hope that you like it, regardless. Thank you so much for requesting! Let me know what you think, baby! xoxo

 

“Here's your order, Sehun.”

 

“Awesome. Thanks so much, Seokjin!”

 

“Not a problem, man.”

 

The autumn air was fresh and crisp as Oh Sehun bursts through the doors of the cafe onto the evening street. Shouldering his backpack, he begins the short trek back to his apartment, hot pumpkin spice tea in hand. Caramel, extra whip.

 

Just the way that you like it.

 

The sun is setting, bathing the street in pinks and reds with tinges of a honey gold that seems to illuminate everything. Auburn and burnt red leaves are knocked this way and that, blowing all around until the wind hurries them along their way to wherever they are headed.

 

Shops are closing and people are heading home and the whole world is beginning to wind down from the day.

 

The walk isn't that long from the cafe—all Sehun needs to do is make a right at the bus stop, get off campus, and make a left when he sees the tops of the apartment building where you and him stay.

 

So he follows the same path that he's taken since he's met you, and he heads into the building. Up the elevator. Unlock room number 532.

 

Oh Sehun pushes open the door, only to be greeted by pitch black darkness.

 

Sehun’s fingers are warm from the hot tea, but his face has been bitten with the subtle threat of a chilly winter wind. Not even bothering to sling off his scarf or take off his jacket, Sehun takes a tentative step into the apartment.

 

“Baby?”

 

No answer.

 

A tiny weed off worry begins to sprout in Sehun's heart. Where are you? Where could you have—

 

Sehun looks down next to him.

 

Your shoes are here.

 

Which means that—

 

You should be here, too.

 

Frowning, Sehun can't quite understand the situation until his eyes fall on the calendar that hangs right above the shoe rack, right next to the mini key holder that you both had installed only a few weeks ago.

 

The calendar depicts the various activities and events that you and Sehun participate in, whether it be personal or school related appointments. It's scribbled on and marked all over: STUDY!!! and Christmas shopping ♥  and all sorts of other notes dictating which things are dedicated to which days.

 

And then Sehun sees the huge red circle on the box of November 14.

 

Ah.

 

Quietly, Sehun heads to the bedroom that the two of you share, and then nods to himself.

 

There you are.

 

Sound asleep, covers piled over your body so that you are nearly an unrecognizable heap of blankets.

 

Making sure not to disturb you, Sehun sets your tea on the nightstand. Sheds his shoes and jacket and places his backpack in a corner somewhere to promptly forget about.

 

But then, he hears a whine.

 

Sehun glances over at you, eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed in a silent question.

 

Owww,” you whine.

 

Suddenly, there’s a hand on you.

 

“Baby? Baby, what’s wrong?”

 

Your eyes flip open.

 

Sehun.

 

Sehun’s home.

 

“It hurts so much,” you whisper. You’ve had a hand pressed to your abdomen since yesterday, and the cramps just won’t stop no matter what you do.

 

“Oh my god,” Sehun breathes. He races to your side immediately, kneeling down so that your face is right in front of his. “Baby, what do you need? Do you want anything?”

 

You wince again, keening at the pressure tightening—the cramps forcing you to blank out for a minute.

 

“Cold,” you whisper.

 

Duh! Sehun thinks to himself. All of a sudden, he’s incredibly aware of how cold it is in the room: the curtains aren’t drawn, the heater’s not on, and the only source of warmth that you have is a bunch of blankets that are clearly doing no good.

 

He stands. Turns on the heater all the way up. You don’t know where Sehun goes, but when he comes back, he gently helps you sit up. Places your hot tea in your hands. Sneaks a hot pack against your lower abdomen, and then arranges a few more near your feet. Before you know it, minute after minute, you begin to grow toasty warm, cramps forgotten, the only thing you can smell being your delicious pumpkin spice tea.

 

Once he deems you to be officially settled in, Sehun slips into bed next to you, not saying a word. Just lays his jacket over you and wraps you up in his arms, pecks you on the top of the head.

 

And slowly, the same way that your feet sneakily warm up—

 

Your heart warms as well.

 

 

A/N: Honestly if you'd like to request something else, I will most definitely do that for you! I feel like I owe it to you, honestly. Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed! Sehun's not much of a talker, so I tried to make him more action based rather than words. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts! Thank you so much. <3 xoxo