Yuju the Ex of a friend's friend

Soulmate Count

Yuju meet Moonbyul on a Christmas party. She was the girlfriend of a friend's friend. They talked some over the taste of the mulled wine they both were forced to taste, and they both had similar interests. Music.

"I was almost forced to debut a year ago" Yuju said with a laugh. Her teeth flashing and eyes gleaming. 

"Not your thing?" Yuju nodded her head. Swirling her cup of spiced wine she sighed and shoulders slumped slightly. 

"But I do miss the people I was set to debut with. Felt like I kinda just left them in a hard spot you know." 

Moonbyul went silent at that. How do you even respond at someone looking so sullen at her own words. 

"There, there, it's alright"? It probably wasn't from Yuju's expression. And Moonbyul hated to lie.

"...Do you still keep in contact?" Moonbyul asked after a moment of silence. Yuju nodded her head and smiled a little. 

"They're busy most of the time, but we try to stay in touch" Yuju laughed. Not as boisterous and carefree as Moonbyul heard earlier that same night. But more of a polite or restricted laugh. Forced almost. 

"So you produce right?" Moonbyul nodded her head. Fiddling with the rim of her glass at the mention of her hobby. 

"I mean, I try to..." 

"Didn't you produce a track to the soloist Kim Solar?" Yuju said with a giggle. All previous traces of sullenness gone. 

"I only helped with that song" Moonbyul pointed out quickly. Her cheeks heating up in embarrassment. Truthfully she never expected anyone outside off her close friends or family to know of the project despite her being credited. 

 

People got louder and louder as the night went by. Causing the two to head to the unoccupied rooftop. 

"Do you like stars?" Moonbyul asks. Creeping a tad bit closer to the woman beside her to steal some of her warmth. 

"I just like space in general... You know, both outer and personal" Yuju sent the shorter woman a wink before breaking out into laughter again. 

"... I'm sorry I-" 

"I was joking"