Irene From Work

Soulmate Count

It all started with Moonbyul rushing through the office building's front door. Her hair looking like a blonde birds nest. And her cheeks flushed from both embarrassment and adrenaline. 

Hurriedly she biped her office id and entered the gate ignoring the guards and receptionists questioning glances. 

Damn, damn, damn! Why today out of all days?! 

Rushing into the elevator and into her office she breathed out in relief. 8:01 damn that was close.

"Byulyi, my office. Now" Her superior spoke. Moonbyul bit her lip and fixed her hair quickly before running her palms over her dress shirt which was crumpled slightly. 

She followed the man into his much bigger and fancier office. A woman stood by the entrance. Small and petite, her hair shimmering black.

 

The petite woman bowed in their direction and Moonbyul bowed back as she scanned the woman with curious eyes. 

"This is Bae Joohyun, She will work in your department from this day and I trust you to show her around and take good care of her" 

Moonbyul's eyes landed on the dress shirt Joohyun wore. It was simple but the collar was high with pointy ends giving of a classy feel. To that she wore a sweater over it making her look more cute than professional. She didn't have a wrist watch like Moonbyul herself. Instead, she had a pocket watch in gold finish. Though it didn't quite look like real gold. 

"Moon Byulyi, nice to meet you Joohyun" Moonbyul extended her hand which Joohyun gladly accepted. With a relived sigh. 

Do I look that scary?

"Please, call me Irene" Joohyun spoke and Moonbyul flashed a smile at that.

"Then, call me Moonbyul, without the formalities" she responded.