Chapter 2: And We Meet Again.

Destiny

"sometimes coincidence is a plan in disguise"

-Linda Poindexter



Exo's POV 

The boys were once again in that street full of restaurants and Cafés in front of that same little cozy coffee shop.  

They went in and looked around for the girls they were here to see but as they couldn't find them they went for the guy who they assumed was the manager. 

"Maya and Lynn?" He asked nervously. 

"Yeah we found something that we think belongs to them. Could you tell us when are they coming to work." Suho asked taking his role as a leader. 

"Uhm actually... They aren't coming today. So uhm you could just give me what you found and I'll give it back to them." The guy said. Again looking like he was being accused of something. 

There was something fishy about it. They could feel it. It wasn't really anything he said. It was perfectly normal not to come to work after such an event like the one that happened yesterday. Even his suggestion was perfectly logical. But it was the way he was acting that was very suspicious. 

"Uhm no it's fine we'll come back tomorrow we wanted to see them anyways. To check on Lynn." D.O was the one to answer this time. He was the one that was the boldest out of them and the most threatening and therefore convincing. 

The guy looked flustered by his suggestion. Suspicious enough to make them more determined to find out what happened. 

He tried to protest but they were already leaving. 

"Well that wasn't suspicious at all." Said Baekhyun as they stepped outside. 

"I wonder what had him so nervous." Suho wondered. 

"Well it doesn't matter anyways. What are we gonna do we came all the way here for nothing."  Sehun complained. He's been complaining all morning about why they should all go. He wanted to sleep a bit more. 

"Let's walk around a bit. We were here for tourism in the first place." Chanyeol suggested. 

And so they all started walking around the streets full of life of New york. 

"Stop being so paranoid Jongin. Nothing will happen I promise." Kyungsoo said softly to his dongsaeng. 

It was a well-known fact for everyone in exo that their dance machine Kai had a bad past in this city. He was attacked here by thiefs before and since then this was the first time he ever walked around the streets of the city again. 

"I know. I really do but..." He trailed off knowing kyungsoo will understand anyways. 

"I know. But don't worry I'm here and the others are too. We'll protect you. Come on New york is a beautiful city. It's a waste for you to never see the beauty of it because of a trauma. And that's why it's my mission to make you enjoy it." Kyungsoo smiled softly at him. 

As they were walking suddenly Chanyeol bumped into someone. And that person fell into the floor with a feminine yelp. The boy crouched down to help the girl but suddenly he yelped loudly. 

Maya's POV 

I walked down the stairs quietly as to not wake up Lynn. The doctor said she has to rest up and not stress herself. She said the reason for her fainting is not eating well. 

So here I am, at 10 in the morning, very early for me on a Sunday getting ready to go do grocery for breakfast. ME. Maya Rose. The laziest person in America if not in the world. 

God the things I do for Lynn. 

So anyways after I wore my jacket and shoes not bothering to change since honestly I look good even in home wear. Actually home wear doesn't exist in my dictionary. I put on my earphones and wear my glasses since I'm not in the mood for contact lenses.  

Maya's clothes Destiny Chapter 2

I walk out the door in silence playing Bea Miller's Enemy Fire from my phone then shove it in my pocket. I walk down the stairs and start my way to the supermarket. Luckily it's only a 10 minutes' walk so I can't complain. 

I spent half an hour in the supermarket. I had to stop myself from buying snacks like four times. Like seriously I don't know why I keep coming back to the snack section. I know we don't need it but I don't have any self-control when it comes to food.  

At last I go out from the supermarket patting myself mentally for not buying any unnecessary things. I understand why Lynn likes doing these chores so much. It's very relaxing and my mood isn't as ty as it was in the morning. I think I'm gonna do it more from now on.  

Hah who are you kidding?  

Oh yeah the annoying voice inside me that I like to call Devi. It's been a while. Well Devi's not wrong though I'm too lazy for this. That's why Lynn's the one responsible of house chores. Well except for cooking. Since she at it. I wonder why though. She used to like cooking bef- 

Umph!! 

Great. And I was just talking about a boost of mood. Guess this day really isn't my day. Someone just had to walk right into me. And this person even made me fall down. Don't get me wrong I'm not weak. Far from it. But this guy- I guess it's a guy by the force- is a freaking giant. 

I bent down picking my stuff trying not to pick a fight with this giant guy. It might seem like I'm always up for a fight but I know when I'm gonna get my beaten. And the idea doesn't really appeal to me. Plus I never get in a game unless I'm positive I'm gonna win. 

I start putting the things that scattered around in the bags. At least the guy has the audacity to bent down and help me. I look up as he shoves a finger right in front of my face. And guess who? The 9 guys from yesterday.  

The giant who bumped into me starts talking but all I hear is Wiz Khalifa's voice rapping in my ears. I'm listening to er for pain right now btw. Thanks to my soundproof earplugs. Usually I appreciate the fact that I can't hear people. But this guy looks like he's not going to stop talking anytime soon. So I take off the buds and talk to him in Korean.  

"I have no idea what you just said but if you like your finger keep it away from my face." I look at him threateningly and he quickly obeys. 

"Uhm... He said he was sorry for bumping into you. He's so careless I apologize for him. We were actually looking for you." The puppy looking guy beside him said. 

"Good for you." I said getting off the floor by the help of giant boy.  They were dumbfounded for a second not expecting me to be so indifferent probably. Well that's my second name. Indifferent. 

"Well... Uhm... The reason why we were looking for you is...  we found this yesterday." Their leader showed me a key.  

"What's that?" I asked 

"A key" the leader said 

"No Sherlock. So you found a key. News of the year. What can I do- Wait a sec." I looked at the key intently. That's Lynn's key. She must've lost it yesterday.  

I reach out my hand and he offers me the key. I bow at them and then grab my bags and start to walk. But then there's that same giant stopping me. 

"Wae?" I asked annoyed. 

"Does she perhaps live close from here? I mean your friend Lynn."  

"Yeah." I answer. 

"Can you take us to check on her. That was actually our main reason for coming here today." 

I walk past giant boy deciding to ignore them.  

 I hate people. Especially strangers that bump into me and make me lose my precious sleep time. And also I'm not fond of people who go into my house without a specific invitation. 

But... It might make Lynn happy. And she has been upset these past days. The only time I actually saw her smile truthfully was yesterday when she saw them.  

 Aghh it.  

I stop and turn around already knowing I'm gonna regret this. "Come on I don't have all day." 

Exo's POV 

The boys walked behind Maya. The girl seemed grumpy so no one spoke as they walked. Only Chanyeol tried to strike conversation with her but he failed. The girl didn't seem to like them very much. Ever since the beginning she has been nothing but rude to them. They didn’t get it and personally they didn’t wanna find out. The girl scared them. 

But Chanyeol seemed to be of another mind. No matter how many times she gave him cold answers he always smiled and kept the conversation going. Well it was really a one sided conversation but seems like he doesn’t care. 

“Oh now that I think about it. You are pretty fluent in Korean. Lynn-ssi said you two learned it for fun. Is that right?” 

Maya scoffed but blushed a bit at the memory of how she got interested in Korean. She didn’t want to break her cold image though so she tried to not show her embarrassment. 

“Lynn talks too much. But yes that is correct.” she said to Chanyeol. 

“Oh do you by any chance know about Kpop.” 

Maya stopped at that and turned around to face him. Which startled him and made him jump back a bit. 

“Yes we do know about that. And before you ask. We know that you are Exo a worldwide famous boy band.” Maya said 

“Oh you knew…” Chanyeol said nervously scratching his head. 

“We do. Lynn's actually a big fan. She loves you. And that is the reason you are here. Lynn's been upset these days. I thought seeing her beloved idols would cheer her up.” Maya said continuing to walk as she spoke and the others followed her. 

“We’re here.” Maya announced as she stopped in front of a large apartment. 

The boys were speechless. They didn't expect Lynn to be living in such a big house. Seeing as she was merely a waitress. But who knew. Never judge a book by its cover.  

“T-this is her house?” Baekhyun asked gulping. 

“No, it's the one behind the invisible cloak. What do you think? Come on I don’t have all day.” Maya said and walked in. 

The 9 boys stared at the house and then followed as Maya pushes in the code and the door opened. 

"Oh you know the password?" Chanyeol asked 

"No Sherlock. For one second there I actually thought I was psychic.”  Maya said in another attempt to make this guy leave her alone. 

But chanyeol just laughed ignoring her rudeness. 

"You have an answer for everything huh? Well you two must be really close for her to give you the code to her house." 

"Well maybe because it's not her house. It's mine." Maya answered with a quiet voice as they got in. 

"What? It's your house. But why is Lynn-ssi staying at yours." Baekhyun chirped in. 

"Because we live together. Her room is the last one down that hall. She's still asleep right now so wake her up. I would do it myself but I've gotta prepare breakfast. And since you guys are here might as well be useful." Maya ordered not letting place to any other questions. 

"Oh ok." Suho said. 

"Uhm wait. Before I forget. Don't just wake her up you can't startle her. She likes to be woken up by music. Here's my phone there's a playlist on it named Waking Lynn up. Just choose a song from there." Maya said and unlocked her phone passing it to D.O who was the closest to her. 

The boy looked into the songs and was surprised to see a lot of their songs on it.  

"This has a lot of our songs." He stated. 

"Yeah I said she was a fan didn't I? Now go." Maya shooed them away 

The boys scrambled to the room she pointed. Well all except one. Park Chanyeol. 

Maya's POV: 

I put on my waist apron and walked to the kitchen that was part of the living room. I started taking out the ingredients to make breakfast.  

I was planning on making French toast, Pancakes, coffee for me and chocolate milk for Lynn and a salad. Maybe it's a bit too much but Lynn must eat a lot. Plus we have 9 guests today. 

I know I might come out cold and impolite. But I still have a sense of hospitality. I took out the eggs and the milk from the fridge and decided to start with pancake since they take the most time. But as I walked back to the counter I felt a stare on my back. 

I turned around and saw Chanyeol looking at me with that eating smile. He was sitting on a chair behind the opposite counter and putting his chin on his hand. 

"Aren't you supposed to be with your bandmates. Why are you here?" I asked confused but with a poker face. 

"Nah we don't need to all go to wake her up. I wanna stay here with you. Should I help you?" I stared at him as if he had grown a second head. 

"Why are you so interested in me? I've been nothing but cold to you for the past 15 minutes and you're not even offended. I don't know what you want but you're not getting anything from me." I said calmly but I was actually very annoyed. Why isn't this guy walking away already. 

"Why do you just assume I want something from you? I just think you're an interesting girl and I wanna be your friend. You look like you're lonely" He said with that eating grin again. 

"Are you nuts? Or are you just tired of living? Just because I look lonely doesn't mean I am. I don't need your pity okay?"  

"It's not pity. I just wanna be your friend. Give me a reason not to be mine. Why are you so defensive? Stop pushing people away. It might have worked with others but it won't work with me. Unless you give me a good reason I'm not gonna stop trying to get through your walls. Even tough girls like you need a friend. Unless you hate me that should be acceptable right?" He said and got up from his place and put an apron on. 

I just looked at him processing what he said. This guy is really something. Why does he wanna be friends with me? And why so stubborn? Wait actually I'm the stubborn one. But I can't help it. I'm used to people approaching me for a reason and then giving up when I give them the cold shoulder. 

Maybe I should just let this be. Yeah he's right. There's no reason I can think of to refuse his friendship. I'll just follow the flow and if something happen I'll deal with it then. 

I sighed and went to help him put on his apron. 

"Ok fine. There's no reason to refuse your help or friendship. And I don't hate you. I'm just not used to people wanting to be friends with me that's all. Now for that offer you can cut these vegetables for me." I said tying the apron behind his back and then walking back to the counter. 

"Yes sir." He fake saluted which made me smile a bit. 

For a minute or so there's deaf silence. Well it was expected. Becoming friends is harder to do then to say. But I can't take this tension. I was never good with awkward silence.  

Believe it or not I used to be a social bee back in high school. Back then everything was easier and I was carefree. I used to be the one to make friends easily the most thanks to my capacity to keep the conversation going and my open mindedness. Lynn used to say I was made to talk to people. And that's actually the reason I'm studying psychology right now. 

Anyways enough about me this atmosphere is really suffocating.  

"So this is awkward." I say in attempt to make him start talking. 

"Really I haven't noticed." He says and I look at him weirdly. 

This guy- Chanyeol REALLY is something. 

"Well I have and it's suffocating so start talking."  

"About what? Oh how about we each ask the other a question." He said and smiledat me from where he was sitting cutting a tomato. 

"Uhm fine anything but silence. But I have the right to not answer some questions." I said cracking an egg in a bowl. I was gonna make pancakes. 

"Deal. So let's start with basics. I'm Park Chanyeol from South Korea. Born in November 27 year 1992 in Seoul. What about you?" 

"You know I can just search you on google and they'd give me the same information. But whatever. I'm Maya Rose originally from France, Douai. I'm 22 ." 

"Oh you're French ? Your English is very good though well then my next question would be since when do you live in America?"  

"I've been here since I was 17 which means 5 years now. My turn now. You're a rapper so who is your favorite American rapper.... Oh wait I feel like I'm doing an interview. You must be bored of those questions right?" I said giggling a bit at my own stupid question. But then I stopped abruptly since when do I laugh so carelessly?  

"I do a little. But it's part of the job. And even though I answer the same question hundreds of times I know it's for the fans to get to know me. And it actually makes me really happy. People think that by now I'm used to all the attention. But I honestly never stop being thankful for my fans' affection." Chanyeol answers me and I can see the sincerity in his eyes. It makes my cold heart melt a bit. This guy is so kind it's hard to find people like him these days. 

"I see. You really love your job huh? Oh it looks like you answered a question and it really made me get to know you a bit more." I say putting the pancakes on the frypan. 

 "Oh it did. Well then what do you think of me?" Chanyeol asks me with that eating grin but I can see he's nervous. This guy is seriously so cute. 

"I think you're very warmhearted. You're a good guy. I don't know a lot of guys who are this kind honestly so it's nice to see someone who cares about others unconditionally." I said. 

"Aww thank you. You're so cute Maya. Even if you hide behind your bad girl image. Well next question Why did you leave your hometown." 

I tense up at his question. This subject is a bit of a personal matter. I don't have a lot of things I'm sensitive about. I'm usually honest and I answer personal questions easily because I don't care about what others think. But this one subject is one of the few I don't like to talk about. 

"It's my turn pabo not yours. What are you guys doing here? And not like here in my house but here in New York. I thought That Kim Jongin kid hated New York."  

"You know more about us than I thought." Chanyeol grinned his eating grin. 

"Whatever answer the question." 

"Well the reason why we're here is because we're paricipating in a music bank christmas special. It's gonna take a few weeks and a lot of groups are participating. And Nini can't stay his whole life scared of New York." Chanyeol gave a worried sigh. 

"Fancy. You don't seem very keen on this though." 

"I am. I really am. But I also know how scarred Jongin was when he was attacked. And this is his first time ever coming back since years. I just wish I could do something to make him forget it."  

This guy... He's just like me with Lynn when it comes to his friends. It's really heartwarming. I smiled a little smile at that. 

"You can't. He'll never forget it. It's not in our nature to forget bad experiences only good ones. But we do learn from them. And it takes one hell of a ride to get over our fears. What you can do is be with your friend along this ride and help him go through it."  

"Wow... Maya... That is so inspiring. You really know how to talk to people even though you're so awkward with them. Thank you for your words. I'll make sure to work with your advise."  

"Yeah well... I am a psychology major so... plus I only said what I thought I'd do if it was Lynn instead. Uhm so you're welcome I guess." God why am I so awkward. I'm just not used to being thanked or complimented. 

We stilled looking at each other with him grinning at me and maybe I had a small smile as well. Maybe. 

"Ahhhh" suddenly we heard a scream. Lynn's scream. 

EXO's POV 

After Maya asked them to wake Lynn, if you can call it asking, the boys made their way to the girl's room. Only once they arrived in front of the door did they realize that the giant rapper wasn't with them.  

"Hey guys where's Chanyeol?" Jongdae was the first one to comment making the others look around them in confusion to how they missed the giant's absence 

"He was just with us. I'll go get him" Baekhyun said and started walking but was stopped by Junmyeon 

"Don't. It's no use. Let's just wake Lynn-ssi up and then we can go get him" Baekhyun frowned at that but otherwise didn't comment. 

They all fell silent as Minseok their elder opened the door to the room carefully tiptoeing inside. Just as expected they saw a pile under the comforter that belonged to Lynn who was fast asleep.  

D.o who still had Maya's phone was contemplating which song to choose and just as he was about to put one randomly Jongdae said in a whisper. 

"Hey how about that instead of putting a song, we sing ourselves. I mean it's a one in a lifetime opportunity to be sung to by your idols and Maya-ssi did say she needed cheering up so what do you say?" He said which made them all turn to Junmyeon as he was their leader 

"Well I mean sure. It's not like it's a threat to us. I doubt she'll have anyone to tell and it would cheer her up. Which is apparently why we're here after all." He shrugged and they all agreed to that and thus begun the quiet-not so quiet-debate about which song to sing. 

"I think we should sing my lady. It's a smooth song so it will wake her up gently. We don't wanna scare her." D.o said and got backed up by Minseok since they both liked that song. 

"No I think on the contrary we should wake her up with a fun and loud song. Give her some energy. How about.. Love me right." Jongdae suggested which earned him a nod from both Kai and Sehun. 

"I'm not convinced. I think we should sing Heaven. I really like to listen to that song first thing in the morning." Baekhyun chimed in which earned him a snort from D.o 

"Yes but we're not doing this for you it's for Lynn-ssi so stop thinking about yourself." He deadpanned and baekhyun stuck his tongue out at him. 

"Okay okay stop fighting. How about we play rock paper scissors for it okay?" Lay tried to calm them and so everyone went along with it. 

They each got their fists behind their backs and whispered rock paper scissors.  

"I win. Yay. In your face Kyungsoo." Baekhyun whisper shouted as he was the winner earning a scowl from said male 

They all turned to the still sleeping girl on the bed awkwardly and Sehun pushed Jongdae to the front slightly as he had the first part in the song. The singer cleared his throat and then opened his mouth to begin the song. 

Lynn's Pov 

"No wait, don't go. Please don't leave me" Lynn yelled out after the man.  

She ran and ran behind him but still couldn't reach him. She fell down as she tripped on something and when she looked up she could only faintly see some dark hair and then nothing. Complete darkness.  

Suddenly she started hearing some faint noises and shut her eyes tightly trying to make out the voice. 

Lynn woke up slowly the voices from her dream getting clearer but still not enough to recognize them 

"...rim gata. 

Haneureul bomyeon neoman boyeo. 

City street lights buri kkeojigo. 

Dari sarajeodo nuni bushin geon. 

Haneuri tteoreoteurin byeol. 

Geuge baro neonikka." The voice sang as it became clear to her as it being one of her favorite songs from one of her favorite groups.  

Was this Maya waking her up as usual? But why did the voices sound so real? Maybe it's her sleep state making them sound like that.  

She opened her eyes and looked to the source of the voice not completely realizing the sight at first. But then when she finally realized what she was seeing her eyes doubled in size and she let out a loud yell jumping to her feet and running out past the eight startled men