Chapter 1: Special Meeting ?

Destiny

"sometimes coincidence is a plan in disguise"

-Linda Poindexter



Maya's POV: 

    Maya in the first chapter     

Maya 's clothes (plus a dark grey waist apron)         

The faint music of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was playing through the radio. Today was the 30th of December and my boss being the music lover he is decided to bring in an old record of his vast collection to give a little Christmas joy to the customers.    

I walked up to the shank and placed two black coffees on it. Quickly Jessie one of my coworkers arrived and put the two cups on a plate and went to serve it. I took a look at the café. It was pretty calm today. Well there was still ten or so persons but I expected It to be much more crowded since it was Christmas Eve. Some students who don't have anything better to do and some strangers who I had no idea  how their lives were and had no intention on finding out it wasn't part of my job nor nature to meddle up in other people's life. 

There in the far back of the café though was a face I couldn't say I didn't care to know about. It was the old man that always came everyday without fault. If there was an award for punctuality he'd probably get it. He was a very calm man doesn't talk unless spoken to but every now and then I'd glance at him and he'd give me a friendly smile that made his eyes disappear that I'd only could respond to by a small nod. 

Once I asked him why he comes here everyday at the same hour. And then he smiled at me sadly and said he had a date. I never saw anyone come to see him he'd always stay there though for a few hours in that spot beside the window with a distant look on his face. I think he knows there's no one coming and he probably hasn't even got a date but I didn't push it and just serve him a few coffees until he goes home.  

You'd think that serving the same person everyday would lead eventually to becoming close but It was a very brief relationship that we had. He only knew my name since it was written on my uniform and I never asked for his. But I like it that way. That way neither of us got in the other's business and no one got hurt. Though I have to say that seeing his toothy smile while he listened to the old track and bobbed his head along with the beat made my frozen heart almost warm. Almost. But what can you expect it was still someone whom I didn't even know the name. 

But still I'd probably be affected if Mr. Old pin -I called him that because of the pin he always carries around and since I don't know his name- passed away. Not much but that's only cause I'm what people would call a cold person. I personally don't like that not because it's offending but because I don't like being categorized. But I have to admit it suits me. I like it this way feelings only make people like me an easy prey since I don't have power there's nothing that can protect me from the cruel world but my cold demeanor. 

I was brought back from my thoughts by another order, a hot chocolate with extra creamed milk and I went to prepare it. A few seconds later I heard the ring of the door being opened. I sighed I spoke to fast seems like it's not gonna be that peaceful today after all. Well what can I expect after all It is Christmas. Oh the Christmas joy. 

It only took a few more minutes for the hot chocolate to be ready and I took the cup out of the machine. Its hotness hit me but I ignored the pain and only emitted an almost inaudible hiss. I hurried off to the counter and put the boiling recipient on it. I took the chance of not having any more orders to look at the new customers. 

There in front of me was a pretty amusing sight. Ali, one of the waitresses that I couldn't say I was particularly fond of, was serving flirting with a group of guys that didn't look from here- Asian probably- and who looked lost as to what she was saying. 

The girl wasn't really that bad. At least not with other people. She was nice half of the time and didn't really bother me. But I knew better. It might have to do with the fact that I'm a psychology major or maybe because it was just in my nature to expect the worse from people. Maybe both but I definitely didn't like Ali since the first day I saw her. Behind her nice angelic mask I knew there was actually an obnoxious mean .  

Of course the fact that I know she's badmouthing me behind my back is a plus. I didn't really confront her about it though. I don't care if she makes fun of me with her dump friends when she thinks I'm not there so there's no point In creating problems. I didn't have nor the energy nor the will for that. I did enter on her though once when she was talking on the phone about me yet again (like seriously doesn't this girl has anything better to do with her pathetic life I know I'm an icon but this is getting unhealthy) and the expression of horror and fear on her face was something priceless. It took all of my will to stop myself from laughing but I managed to do so and gave her a smirk before leaving without looking back. 

Anyways I was looking at her while stopping myself from saying a snarky remark about her oh-so-obvious-and-shameless flirting. Instead I just travelled my eyes across to the customers and took a look at them. They were nine guys probably in their twenties. And I had to admit they looked so familiar. Really familiar. Like really really rea... Oh hell no!! 


Exo's POV: 

The boys were all in the car that their managers had kindly booked for them. They were gonna go explore The big city of New York today. Honestly they didn't understand why it was necessary to go by car. They were in New York so even if they're famous the chances of meeting a fan was very poor. Well their manager promised that once they get to the center they could walk freely. 

A few minutes later they arrived to their destination. They went out of the car and were welcomed by the smell of fresh coffee. This place was famous for the various cafés here. They were all thinking about the same thing. Going to drink coffee before starting the exploring. 

"Hey so we have various places to choose from. Where do you guys wanna go?" Asked their leader  

They all looked around and sure enough there were a lot of places. They spent a few silent seconds with no one suggesting anything until Baekhyun got tired of it and chose the first one he saw. He pointed randomly and luckily it looked like a pretty decent place. 

They made their way there which was a few seconds walk consisting of Baekhyun silently hoping it was a good place. 

Once they entered they were pleasantly surprised. It was cozy and looked warm and it was not crowded. All in all it looked good and Baekhyun thanked god for that his random choice wasn't bad. 

"Should we drink it here or order for takeout?" Their leader asked. 

They all decided on the second as they wanted to have the most time to tour the big city. They made their way to the counter where was a girl with soft features and a tall body.  

The girl smiled at them and Suho who was at the lead returned the smile. He looked at the small menu beside her to choose from the foreign words. He finally decided on black coffee but didn't know how to say it. 

When he looked up the girl had slightly leaned on the counter and started talking. 

"How can I help you handsome?" She said but he didn't have a clue what she was saying nor what he could say in response. He looked to the others and they looked as lost as him. So that means they couldn't help him. In these times he wishes he had learned English before coming. It's what he says every time they're in a similar situation (and it happened a lot) but in the end it's not like he had the time with all the other preparations. 

The girl continued to blabber on and on and by now even though he only understood a few words like 'cute' and 'date' and a bunch of 'you guys' he still noticed  that she was flirting with them. Honestly the girl was pretty shameless she was being very obvious with her ministrations. Suho admired  the confidence in a girl but this much was far beyond it. This kind of girl wasn't his type and he was sure she wasn't any of the others' . 

He was going to shut her up and remembered the words to say when another girl arrived.  

 

 Lynn in the first chapter

                                   Lynn's Clothes (plus a dark grey waist apron)                                    

This one was a short ravenette maybe by the height of Baekhyun and she was wearing her hair on a side ponytail while the one they were talking with had blond straight hair. The shameless girl and the new cute one were talking in English and then the first one left looking irritated. 

The ravenette looked at them and smiled brightly and then said, surprisingly, in Korean: 

"Hello my name is Lynn and I'll be taking your orders." Her accented Korean was very good and luckily  they could finally order their coffees thanks to that. 

But after the language boundary was up they still needed to choose their drinks. They looked at each other thinking about something to order. But the girl-Lynn seems to be a real guardian angel since she understood their problem without them voicing it. 

"Would you want me to suggest you something perhaps" She said and smiled at them sympathetically 

"Yes please we've never been here before so we don't know about American beverages." Suho responded.  

"Oh I see well I've never drank Korean coffee but America is known for their very bitter coffee so if you like it light I don't recommend a coffee. You should instead take Frappuccino our chief has special recipes and she..... actually why doesn't she tell you about it?" Lynn said quickly and then turned to her right and called someone over.  

Then a brunette girl that had her hair in a high ponytail and that looked pretty scary despite her short height came over. 

"This is our chef Maya. Maya can you recommend them something they don't know what to choose and it's their first time in America." 

Maya looked at them blankly and then back to the girl. 


Maya's POV 

Lynn called me over to serve the boys and I instantly realized by her contagious smile that she too knew who they were. 

Lynn is my best friend and roommate. Me and her have been together all our lives and although she's older than me by a few months I love her like a little sister.  

I looked at the boys blankly and then back to her and said in English so they won't understand. 

"Lynn what the hell are you doing you should be resting." I scolded softly 

"But Ali doesn't know Korean actually no one here besides us two does. And I didn't want you to be bothered or for them to feel uncomfortable so I had to step in." She defended with a pout. 

"But that doesn't have anything to do with you. Lynn you should care about yourself go back to rest now." 

"Come on Maya don't you feel bad for them. No actually don't answer that but at least let me help them it's only a matter of seconds so help me so it'll end quicker and I can get back to rest ok?" 

I sighed cause she was doing the puppy eyes and I can't possibly win against that. I turned around and glared at the boy that was in front of me. He looked taken aback by my act but I didn't care. They caused me to work more than necessary so I'll glare at them as much as i want. 

But before that i need to do my job. 

"So what do you want?" I said in Korean 

"Uhm y-your friend suggested Frappuccino. So uhm could you p-please tell us more a-about it." He said stuttering. He was scared of me and i smirked proudly at that. But then Lynn nudged me and i knew she was glaring at me without having to look so i sighed and answered his question in the nicest way i could. 

"Well the weather is pretty chilly so i also suggest that. As for what it is it's pretty much like a milkshake but hot. And since I'm the one making it you'll like it. So all you need to do is choose what kind of Frappuccino it's the same types as milkshake." I explained thoroughly in Hangeul. 

I gave them the menu and showed them the Frappuccino section to help them choose. Honestly I just want this to end quickly there's only half an hour left of my shift so why the hell do i have to do this.  

They looked at the menu and started talking amongst themselves for what seemed like hours for me even though it was just a few seconds. But i have to admit that I'm a pretty impatient person. 

I was gonna retort something like 'hurry the  up' but they (un)fortunately turned to me before i did. They each gave me their orders. All in all it was three chocolate mocha Frapuccinos , two green tea, three vanilla and one cappuccino.  

I nodded at them and looked over at the big table in the center of the café. Good it's free. I looked over at them and pointed at the table. 

"I'll accompany you to your table." Lynn offered which made me stop in my tracks since I was going back to the kitchen. 

"No you're not you're gonna go back to rest." I scolded her  

"But I told you I'm gonna finish this and then I'll go. Serving them is also a part of my job." She explained. I know she's got a point but I don't care I might sound childish but she matters more to me. But even though I can't do anything about it so I just sigh for the second time in ten minutes and give up. 

I make my way back to the kitchen. It's only twenty minutes left Maya just endure it. But why do I have this bad feeling. Like something bad is gonna happen. I can only wish everything goes right. 


Exo's POV   

The boys were led to a big table in the center. They sat and had to add another chair. The perks of being a band of nine. They looked at the girl in front of them and this time it was Chen that spoke: 

"But Lynn-ssi you don't look Korean yet you can speak Hangeul very well. Why is that?" 

"Oh me and Maya have learned Korean for fun never thought we'd get to use it." 

"Oh you and Maya-ssi? You look close are you more than co-workers?" D.O asked her  

"Yeah me and Maya know each other since childhood we're roommates and best friends and we go to the same school." 

"Aww that's nice you've been friends for so long and didn't grow apart that's admirable I wish you two all the best." Suho answered 

"Thank you. Well if you'll excuse me I think your orders should be done by now." 

Lynn bowed at them -a sign of politeness in Korea- and turned around to bring their Frappuccino. But as she started walking the world turned blurry and her head started aching. She gripped the wall in an attempt to steady herself. 

The boys looked at her and noticed that something was wrong and were about to check on her when suddenly the girl collapsed. Almost immediately Maya rushed to her side. 


Maya's POV 

I was finished with the orders and went out putting them on the shank. I looked over at Lynn ans noticed she looked pale. She was gripping the wall with a hand and with another was pressing on her temple. I started walking over when suddenly she collapsed on the floor. I immediately ran to her and bent beside her. 

I lifted her a bit and noticed she was unconsious. Oh no! No no no no! Please no she couldn't be... no no! I'll not think about it for now I need to get her to the hospital. 

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE! QUICK!" I yelled to no one in particular. "I don't care who just anyone help. NOW!" 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Mr. Harris The owner of the café who was looking at me sympathetically. "I called the hospital let's take her to my car I'll take her there. don't worry she'll be fine." He said reassuring me.  

I nodded at him and lifted up the unconscious body of my best friend and let him take her. I looked at his retreating form with an empty expression. I can't lose her I know I'm being too pessimistic she only  fainted after all but I'm still dead worried. 

"...She's probably pregnant I noticed her bump but didn't say anything?" I heard a too familiar voice murmuring. Ali's voice 

"Omo but who's the father? I didn't know she had a husband." Another voice –Jenn another one of our waitresses- asked 

"It's probably an illegal child there's no way she's married at this age I'm sure she doesn't even know who it is." Ali answered her and that was the final strike.  

I turned to them and made my way over but that fake didn't notice me. I grabbed her hair and pulled at it. She winced and started screaming. 

"Listen here you . I've endured more than enough of your gossiping. I didn't say anything because I don't give a what a like you thinks of me." I turned her head so she was looking at me and gave her the evilest smirk I could muster "But Lynn always treated you well. Even though I told her you didn't deserve it she still treated you like a human and not the pest you are. So I dare you to say another word about her and believe me that pretty little face of yours that you think is so great won't look that pretty when I finish with you." I started pulling at her hair and she started screaming I was ready to kill her but unfortunately I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Mr. Old pin. 

"Miss Maya stop it. Let her go." He said shaking his head. I looked at him and was ready to explain but he lifted a hand to stop me. "There's no need to explain anything I'm on your side but right now your friend needs you this isn't worth it." He said convincing me 

I was ready to retort but he was right. Lynn needs me I don't have the time I can deal with this ing another time. I turned back to her and pushed her to the floor and then with another glare I took off my apron and handed it to the old man and nodded at him silently thanking him.  

Then I rushed out the door. I need to get to the hospital. I hope nothing is wrong I hope that... 


Exo's POV 

After that scene the boys were dumbfounded first Lynn collapsed and then the girl that flirted with them at first insinuated that she was pregnant (I know it doesn't make sense that they understood but I make them understand what I want them to XD) And lastly Maya does that whole thing though it's not surprising since she looks scary.  

A few seconds later and after the chaos dies down a girl who they assumed worked here came and gave them their orders. 

"I'm really sorry about what just happened here are your drinks and please visit us again. It will be $26.8 " They faintly understood that she was apologizing. They took their drinks after paying –or more like letting Suho pay. But as they were getting to go Lay walked on something. They looked at it and noticed it was a key. 

D.O took the key and looked at it before recalling seeing it around Lynn's neck earlier. 

"Guys it's that girl's Lynn. She was wearing it in a necklace." He said to his bandmates  

"She'll probably come back to look for it right?" Kai chirped in 

"Well we should take it with us." Chanyeol said which earned him a bunch of weird stares from the others. "What? I think we should take it and go back tomorrow she probably will come back to work tomorrow and it's an excuse to ask for her news. I mean aren't you guys worried about her?" He defended. 

"Well he has a point I am worried we should do that." Baekhyun added. The others were still reluctant since what if she thought they stole it and her friend is scary they wouldn't want to anger her. 

In the end though they accepted since they couldn't just leave it here what if someone found it and took it. 

After deciding to go with Chanyeol's plan they left in order to continue their exploring but the whole time their minds were drifting back to the two unique girls they met. Those two were certainly special hopefully they could see each other more.



A/N: So I finally finished the first chapter after struggling with ty editing and beta-ing i finally did so here it is if you guys like it please comment and if you don't comment also (Yea i'm a ers for comments) 

Anyways Till next time

Maya G Rose

Image result for kpop gifs