Blind Date

He's Just Like You

Present

He's now sitting on a chair of one of the tables in this prestigious restaurant were he gonna meet his date. Yes, a date. Because ing Hoseok set him on a blind date. This is not the first blind date Hoseok planned for him, to be honest he already lost count on how many. And he swore to Hoseok that this would be the last blind date that he'll gonna show up because from the past blind date he encountered, nothing worked out.

He glanced on his watch, it was now past 15 minutes from 7. His date is definitely late for about 15 minutes. So he set a time, if his watch will reach to 7:30 and still his date won't show up then he'll go home.

Past

He's on the restaurant, waiting for his bestfriend to show up. It's his birthday and they decided to have a formal dinner then maybe they will stay on his house. His birthdays is always spent like this, he loved to spent his birthday with his bestfriend. Not that he haven't have other friends but this bestfriend of him is special.

Where the hell is he!? It's already 7:15 and he's still not hear? I swear, if my watch reached to 7:30 I'm gonna go home.

Present

He was stopped of his trance when he noticed that someone is coming. The man was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Really? Only that? When he's all dressed up.

While the man that he guessed was his date is walking towards his table, he clumsily bumped into the waiter who was holding a pitcher causing the water in it to spill.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't notice sorry. Sorry, it's just that I'm already late." The man apologized, speaking fastly. In that moment, he already know that this night would be great. He's just like him. He remembered Hoseok saying.

Past

The front door dings, and there he saw his bestfriend approaching. Only wearing a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. He smiled, and his smile turned into a laugh when his bestfriend suddenly bumped into the waiter who was carrying a plate causing the food to spill on his shirt.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't notice sorry. Sorry, it's just that I'm already late."

Present

After the small ruckus, the man then walk towards his table. When the man reached it, he also stand then wear his smile.

"Hello, so... You're my date?" The man asked.

"I guess so?" He replied. Then the man laughed.

They take a sit, the man still looking for his now not so wet shirt.

"I'm Kim Taehyung." The man introduced, smiling wide.

"Jeon Jungkook." He also introduced.

"I guess, were both not fond of this date?" Taehyung asked.

"Nah, it's okay. As if we can say no to Hoseok, let's just enjoy this night?" He replied, now looking for the waiter.

"You're right." And then the waiter came then hand them the menu book.

After taking a look, they both said their orders that was jutted down by the waiter. And then the waiter leave them to prepare their orders.

"How old are you?" Taehyung asked, now focused on Jungkook.

"23, you?" He replied, leaning his back on the chair.

"24, oh great! I'm a hyung!" Taehyung said enthusiastically.

Past

"Thank God you're here." He said.

"I'm sorry. And Happy birthday!!!" His bestfriend replied, now taking a seat across him.

"Thanks, shall we order now?"

"Sure." Then they called the waiter and give their orders.

"How old are you now?" His bestfriend ask.

"18." He replied.

"Yay! I'm still your hyung!" His bestfriend said happily.

Present

Their orders came and now both of then were enjoying their foods. They still have some conversations. He learned that Taehyung also studied on his school. He learned many things about Taehyung, with that he also noticed that Taehyung is a lot similar to his bestfriend. On the way he eat, talk, smile and laugh. Hoseok is really right on what he said.

"Hoseok said something to me." Taehyung said between bites.

Damn Hoseok for spilling his whole life to Taehyung.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"About your bestfriend?" Taehyung shyly replied, afraid that Jungkook might lashed on him talking about his beloved bestfriend.

"What about him?" he asked, hoping that Hoseok didn't tell everything.

"That... He left you." Taehyung replied, eyes full of pity.

"That's all?" He asked again, testing on how much Taehyung know about this.

"Yes, his your bestfriend and that you're really sad that he left you without saying a word." Taehyung said.

"Ah, yes. He did that, but nah~ I have Hoseok as a bestfriend now." He said eyes gazing on his plate.

"What is he like? If you don't mind me asking."

Past

They were bestfriend since their six. He met him when he was playing alone on the playground. His alone because his new on that town, they just moved in a week ago. So he just prefer playing alone, his totally shy to make some friends. But one day, a boy approached him. The first thing he noticed is that this boy is very cheerful and have cute eyes that disappeared every time he smiled.

And since that day, they become inseparable. They always play together, sometimes sleep together. People around them would address them as twins.

His bestfriend was just the best. It's only him who can read him like an open book. His cheerful, clumsy and blunt.

Present

"He's interesting." Taehyung said after Jungkook told him their story.

"Yes he is, he's so much like you." Jungkook replied.

"Did you... Did you somehow fell in love with him?" Taehyung instead asked hesistantly, not agreeing on what Jungkook said.

Jungkook was taken aback by the sudden question. He didn't expect that. Even Hoseok didn't ask him something like that.

Past

They are in the living room of Jungkook's house. They decided to have some fun after their dinner. After a whil of chit chatting  Jungkook was shocked when his bestfriend offered him a drink.

"Where did you get that!?" Jungkook exclaimed.

"I bought it, come on! Just a little, you're no longer a minor so there's no biggie." His bestfriend said, pouring some on a glass.

"Fine, but just a little." He give up, he can't say no to his bestfriend.

'Just a little' turned into more, they were now both drunk. Drunk means, they dance even there is no music playing, maybe on their heads.

Body too close from each other.

Jungkook knows that his more sober than his bestfriend. That explains why his bestfriend was not bothered on their closeness. Body colliding with each other, he stared at his bestfriend, and it hit him. He love this guy. He love this guy for a long time yet he just denied it.

Alcohol invading his brain, Jungkook inched his face closer to his bestfriend's face. Attempting to steal a kiss. Also his bestfriend unknowingly inched closer to him, when their lips was about to touch, his bestfriend backed away then sprinted to the bathroom to throw up.

Present

"Yes." He courtly replied.

Seriously, he didn't know why he said the truth to Taehyung. He's just too comfortable with this guy.

He noticed that when he replied, a glint of sadness appeared on Taehyung's face but it quickly changed. He just shrugged it off, maybe Taehyung was just sad for him.

"Did you confessed to him?" Taehyung asked.

Past

After his bestfriend vomit all what's on his stomach, they fell into an awkward silence. Maybe they are now sober to digest what just happened before the vomiting incident.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Jungkook apologized.

"It's okay, were just drunk." His bestfriend said.

Then the normal atmosphere was back. They now refused to drink even just a drop of alcohol. Too afraid that something will happen again. They just enjoyed talking.

Jungkook realized that talking to him makes him fall even more.

Midnight came, too tired to move to bed, they just decided to sleep on the carpeted floor in each other's side. His bestfriend fell asleep first. Jungkook just just stared the sleeping form of his bestfriend.

"I love you. I love you so much. Not just a friendly love or brotherly love, I love you more than that. I hope that you'll also love me back. I'll confess to you soon. I love you." He said to the sleeping form, before he fell asleep he first kissed his bestfriend's forehead.

Present

"Sort of." He said, now feeling his eyes pooling with water.

"Sort of?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"Sort of, because he was asleep that time." He explained. "It was the last time that I saw him." Jungkook said, now a tear fall. "Oh, sorry." Taehyung said, reaching Jungkook's hands that was on the table to somehow to comfort the crying guy.

"It's okay, I've moved on already. It's almost five years so I already get over it." Jungkook tried to convince Taehyung but it seems that the older was not.

"Mind telling me your story?" Jungkook instead asked, now drying his tears.

"It's simple, I have fallen for someone. A long time ago, but I didn't approach him because he was contented with just one person around him." Taehyung sadly replied.

"You still love him now?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, but I just recently know that he love someone else." Taehyung replied.

"May I know his name?"

"It's Jung--" Taehyung was cut off by someone exclaiming.

"Oh My God! Jungkook! Is that you!? My Kookie?" They both turned to the owner of the voice, and they were both stunned when they recognized who it was.

"Jimin Hyung!?" Jungkook exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yes! Oh my, I missed you!" Jimin said, and they bear hugged each other. Hug lasting for almost two minutes.

"I'm sorry for leaving you." Jimin whispered on Jungkook's ear.

"It's okay hyung." Jungkook said when they part from the hug. He's now feeling very happy to see his bestfriend again.

"By the way, I would like you to meet someone." Jimin said, then someone came behind his back.

"Jungkook, meet my fiance Yoongi. Yoongi, meet my bestfriend Jungkook." Jungkook's smile fell.

"Nice to finally meet you, Jimin talked a lot about you." Yoongi said, offering his hand for a handshake.

"My pleasure, and I hope only the good ones." Jungkook replied sheepishly, now shaking hands with Yoongi.

"Ah, Hyung. I want you to meet Taehyung." Jungkook introduced Taehyung.

"Hi." Taehyung shyly waved his hand.

"Who is he?" Jimin asked to Jungkook.

"My date." Jungkook replied.

"Oh! That's great! Please take care of my Kookie, okay? Now, we have to go. I'll just catch on you one of these days Jungkook." Jimin said then walked out of the restaurant holding hands with Yoongi.

"Date?" Taehyung said.

"Yes, we were right?" Jungkook replied, voice not totally focused. He's still looking on the way were Jimin and Yoongi disappeared.

"You still love him." Taehyung said his observations when they now take a seat.

"Maybe." Jungkook said sadly, now their once comfortable atmosphere have turned into ice cold.

"What's the name again?" Jungkook changed the topic.

"Name?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

"The one you love. It's what? Jung?" Jungkook asked.

"Ahh, it's Jung.. Jungmin, yeah! Jungmin."

Jungkook didn't understand but why he expect that it would be his name. And now hearing that it's not, his heart hurt.

 

It's you. Whom I love, but I guess telling you was better, because you still love Jimin.

 

 

 

__________________

END