2/2

Redamancy Prequel: Tuqburni (You bury me)

 

    Get along great they did. In fact, it surprised everyone just how close of friends they became in such a small amount of time. After their first meeting, they were nearly inseparable. Seokjin was proud, one of his new vampire babies was actually opening up to someone, but everyone else were wary. Vampires and werewolves have never exactly been compatible and their friendship worried some, namely Hoseok’s parents. It only took a few visits with Sohee for his parent to fall in love with her too, though, and Hoseok never did care much what others thought of him.

***

 

    It’s during their second month of friendship that Hoseok decides he would do anything for her. One of the boys had fed off Seokjin and not even ten minutes after, the elder had nearly fainted. Luckily Hoseok had been there to see Sohee so he was able to call Yixing's dad to come take a look at him. Needless to say, it scared the out of Hoseok and Sohee.  

It had been clear how much it weighed Seokjin down, most of his days were spent laying on the couch and faking it to a clueless Namjoon. It didn’t surprise Hoseok one bit; Seokjin may be a werewolf with healing abilities, but feeding three growing vampires is a lot of blood lost. Realistically, there is no way he could lose that much blood that often and still be fully functioning and healthy. Still, Seokjin waved off his concerns and put on a brave face for the vampire siblings.

Not that they were fooled, at least not Sohee. Hoseok still hadn’t met her brothers so he couldn’t say what they thought about it all, but he bet the youngest wouldn't know any better. Sohee didn’t talk much about her twin, too busy learning about Hoseok and the rest of the werewolves, so he had no idea if he had taken notice or cared.

The next time Sohee started to get hungry - Hoseok could tell because she started not only her lips a lot and often ruffled the back of her hair but she was paler than normal and a bit shaky - he snuck her out through Jin’s portal. The vampires weren’t supposed to roam the camp; they weren’t feeding properly and Jin was afraid they would be tempted but Hoseok, with his reason for sneaking her out, supposed that wouldn’t be a problem. It took a little convincing to get Sohee to leave but in the end she wanted to take a look at all the places Hoseok had mentioned in all the stories he had told her.

First he showed her the heart of the camp with all the different portal tents, then the small wooden playground Jungkook loved to play on, before guiding her farther into the woods. Sohee followed him around, listening to him chatter on about each spot as if every word out of his mouth was the most interesting thing she had ever heard. She looked so amazed and happy to be out if Jin's apartment and he loved it.

In what seemed like no time at all they came upon the river Hoseok had in mind. The trees opened up to a rocky bed that ran into the water.

“Wah, Hobi, it’s so pretty!” she gasped, looking around the area, eyes wide as saucers. She skipped ahead, slipping off her shoes, and stood ankle deep in the icy water holding the bottom of her pant legs up. Looking over her shoulders at him she squealed, “It’s so cold!”

   Hoseok hung back. Out of all the beautiful things surrounding him, the crystal water flowing over grey rocks, the wildflowers that grew in between the bigger rocks, his eyes were glued to the girl in front of him. A light breeze had random pieces of her black hair stuck up every which way, reminding him of a porcupine. Her eyes caught the light, turning them a striking orange shade.

Sohee her lips, amusement clear on her face as she watched Hoseok turn pink at having gotten caught staring. Suppressing a smile, she whined at him, making grabby hands. “Hobi, come on!”   

Obediently he went, making sure to leave his shoes by hers before stepping into the freezing river. “If you’re hungry, you know you can bite me.”

“Hoseok,” she breathes. “You don’t know what you’re saying.”

“But I do!” He grabs her shoulders and turns her so they are facing each other. “You’re starving and I want to help. I hate seeing you suffer.”

She rolls her eyes at him. “It’s not like i’ll die before my next feeding.”

“Just because you’re immortal doesn't mean you can’t hurt.” he protests. “I can see how pale and shaky you are. It’s been a week already since you ate!”

“Then catch me a big deer!” she laughs and brushes his hands off her shoulders easily. “Besides, vampire rules say I can’t drink from you.”

Hoseok squints at her in disbelief. “You drink from Jin, so why not from me?”

“Because silly, I love you.” she says casually, but she’s staring at her feet as they shuffle under the water. “And because you’re just a weak mortal, I’d end up killing you.”  

“So is Jin! And I’ll have you know I am very strong, okay?” Hoseok scoffs automatically. He flexes his muscles for effect. It takes a few seconds, but then it hits him: she said she loves him. His head snaps up and his arms fall limp. “Wait, you love me?”

“Yeah.” she nods. Like he should’ve figured it out by now and maybe he should’ve.

“Oh thank god.” Hoseok sighs.