A Stranger's House

I’m stray cat No Minwoo with a fake home

Chapter 1: A stranger’s house

Minwoo watches the man in front of him as he looks for the keys. He opens the door and gestures for Minwoo to come in. Minwoo slowly steps inside. The man passes him and puts his shoes in a closet. Minwoo quietly takes off his shoes and puts them next to the door against the wall to make sure no one falls. To make sure he can put his shoes on as he runs away from this weird place.

He walks through the hallway of the house and is immediately standing in a broad living room. This isn’t just an ordinary house, it’s huge and luxurious.

 

He’s surprised when a door opens and the strange man comes in, carrying a towel and some pyjamas. ‘Go and take a shower.’

‘It’s really okay…’

‘You’ll catch a cold like this. We’ll get you warm and fed first, then we’ll talk as we look around the house. I’ll also show you your room.’ Minwoo is surprised by the man in front of him being in such a hurry. He looked very organized and cool just now but he seems kind of uncomfortable about taking a stranger with him too.

‘I don’t think I should be here.’ Minwoo admits. The man quickly shakes his head. ‘What are you talking about?!’ Minwoo gets the clothes pushed into his arms. Before he knows it, he’s pushed into the bathroom.

‘Quickly take a shower. I mean, take all the time you want.’ He hears from the other side of the door. Minwoo quickly locks the door and turns around. The bathroom is small but does have a separate bath and shower. Minwoo puts the shower on and takes off his clothes. When the water temperature is to his liking he steps in the shower. He sighs happily from the pleasure the warm water gives him. He isn’t sure what to say. He’s incredibly grateful someone came and helped him. He doesn’t even know the man’s name! He’s incredibly scared he made a terrible mistake. He’s been told from the moment he could understand words he shouldn’t follow strangers and now here he is, in the shower of a stranger’s house. But still, it feels like his grandmother from heaven send this man to him. The handsome man with the gentle voice and the big brown eyes, reflecting his kind heart. No Minwoo, don’t even go there. He warns himself. He realizes he’s been standing in the shower, thinking for a while now and quickly steps out. He dries himself and puts on the freshly washed sleepwear. They are a bit too big for him but make him feel a bit more comfy at the same time.

 

He sighs deeply before opening the lock of the bathroom door. He shuts his eyes quickly. In his imagination someone is pulling the door and taking him to sell him as a slave but in reality nothing happens. It’s kind of… boring.

Minwoo opens the door and steps into the living room. he’s surprised when there’s nobody there. When he walks into the kitchen there’s a stranger standing in front of the stove. It is a small boy with dark brown hair. When he turns around Minwoo is surprised by the mature look of the other.

 ‘Are you hyung’s new stray cat?’ He asks, all smiles. Minwoo is surprised by the nickname and immediately takes a few steps. ‘No! I’m not! I just got drenched and your hyung told me to take a shower here and… wait? Hyung?’  Minwoo asks after uselessly defending himself. The boy smiles and nods. He takes two bowls and puts seaweed soup into them. He places them on the table and gestures for Minwoo to sit. When Minwoo doesn’t seem to move the boy starts talking again. ‘Relax. Hyung told me to give you some, it’s not poisoned or something.’  He says. Minwoo sighs in relief and sits down. He immediately takes the spoon and starts scooping down the soup. He didn’t realize he was this hungry until the food was in front of him. The other scoffs at him. ‘My god. When I get you soup you look at me as if I’m a serial murderer but when I say hyung made it you attack immediately. You’re a simple kitten I guess.’  He says. Minwoo looks up at him with fierce eyes. ‘Could you please stop calling me a cat?’ He asks. His threat results in a fail when a piece of seaweed falls from his lips back into his bowl. The boy in front of him immediately starts laughing again. ‘My god! You’re ing hilarious! He yells while holding his stomach in pain from laughing too much. Minwoo can feels he’s heating up from embarrassment and anger at the same time. ‘Cut it out.’  He tries with the last bit of pride he has. Surprisingly, the older boy stops laughing almost immediately. ‘Sorry. I’m Lee Jeongmin by the way. Nice to meet you.’  They boy says.

‘Jeongmin…’ Minwoo says too himself. Jeongmin nods and looks at him expectantly. ‘Oh! I’m No Minwoo. Nice to meet you.’  Minwoo says, sticking out his hand. Jeongmin shakes it and sends him a more friendly smile this time around.

 

Both Minwoo and Jeongmin are startled by the loud sound of a door being slammed. They hear someone stumbling downstairs and before they know it a person in Pikachu underwear barges into the kitchen. Minwoo quickly averts his gaze.

‘YAH!’  Jeongmin yells, mad out of his wits. The boy in the Pikachu underwear ignores him and immediately rushes towards the seaweed soup, taking Minwoo’s bowl with him on the way. He hums to himself as he fills his (previously Minwoo’s) bowl with soup. Minwoo recognizes the melody. You are my only.

Jeongmin gets up and immediately buries his hand between the other boy’s black locks. Then he pulls. Minwoo quickly blocks his ears with his hands to not pass out from the other boy’s loud scream.

‘JO KWANGMIN! HOW DARE YOU RUN DOWNSTAIRS IN YOUR UNDERWEAR WHEN WE HAVE A GUEST?! YOU INDECENT PUNK! I’M ASHAMED AS YOUR GUARDIAN! YOU EVEN STOLE HIS BOWL I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! DIE! DIE RIGHT NOW!’ Jeongmin nags the other with a loud voice.

‘What’s all the ruckus?’ The door to the kitchen opens again and this time a muscular, even older looking boy walks into the room.

‘Kwangmin is being terribly rude.’  Jeongmin says to the guy.

‘I’m alright though.’  Minwoo says. Now all three boys turn to him. ‘Who is this?’ The person that entered the room lastly asks.

‘This is Minwoo, Minwoo, this is Hyunseong.’  Jeongmin says, pointing at the other. Hyunseong smiles at him in a friendly manner. ‘Nice to meet you. I’m Shim Hyunseong. Are you our new housemate?’

‘A new heel dog trying to deceive a nice hyung you mean.’ All the faces turn towards the door opening again. Minwoo turns around too and sees someone that looks exactly like Kwangmin leaning against the door. Only his hair is dyed lighter and parted differently from Kwangmin’s. He’s wearing only a bathrobe and is holding a Pikachu onesie. He throws it towards the other side of the room and Kwangmin is able to catch it barely.

‘YOUNGMIN!’  Jeongmin shouts in a huff. The boy called Youngmin glares at Minwoo and this is the first time since he entered the house Minwoo feels uncomfortable.

‘I’m not staying here. I only came here because of the bad weather.’

‘That’s how all of them started.’  Youngmin snarls. Minwoo wants to defends himself but he has no idea how. Just at that moment someone else comes into the kitchen.

‘He’s staying so get used to it.’  The older man says. Minwoo’s eyes widen in surprise.

‘WHAT?!’  Youngmin and Kwangmin yell at the same time. ‘You two, follow me into the living room.’  The twins do what he says and follow him outside. Minwoo doesn’t miss the glares the two of them send him. Now he knows why Kwangmin took his bowl without even looking at him. Those two don’t want him here. He’s not welcome in this house.

 

It’s a stranger’s house.