imperfect

If Minus Plus Minus Equals Plus...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Credits to  rather strange lyrics of Carla's Dreams- Imperfect.

 

It was in the middle of one of those cold winter storms.

I remember it clearly, because I felt the hottest .No puns in this, no matter how much this is related to me....a red string.

Yeah, go ahead and laugh or mock me.See if I care.

After so much time into this odd fated couple thing,I can honestly tell you nothing throws me off anymore.

Truth be told, I always was a little 'special' .But that kinda brought along further ...happenings, that made me quite the paria amongst other mythical beings.

Well, pfft! That's my official statement and I stick by it!!

It's not my fault they're so cooped up in their perfect little scenarios that they forgot to see the beauty in imperfection.

That's where I come in!

I know you can't see or hear me, but imagine a very sly, Joker laughing,wickedly rubbing hands...You get it, the 'Up To No Good' character! 

Mwahahahaha!!!!

Sorry, getting too worked up.

Ok, breathe, Bowie! In and out....nice and easy.That's it.

Oh, you wonder why I have a nickname?

Hehehe, I'm really proud of it.One of my ...ends came up with it,actually. But it fits, no matter how he cringes whenever recalling his slip of tongue.

You see,we make a rather strange team.

First off, those two ends are total opposites.I know, they should attract each other naturally! Trust me.It's the billionth time I've heard that one.

Still, it's taken me traveling five times around the world until they finally glued themselves together to the point I no longer feel so stretched that I might break.

It may sound like I'm whining,but it's tremendous work keeping them tied.All that tangling postponing their fateful meeting was  in fact quite the journey.

Lucky for them, I'm one for the weird!

Who better to put up with the most unordinary pairing of two defects?!

I'm an outcast between the fantasy beings,too.They never seem to understand my drive to mess with the newcommers.

It's my dirty little secret, but I'm letting you in on this because I also want to share my side.And you people are probably the only ones that'll cheer for me.

Like just the other day, I was overseeing the recovery of one of my ends when , that kid of a guardian angel shows up!

Whoah...hold your horses, mister! Step away from my end!

You see, they're usually on the good side whenever they pop up,but from my experience....not the best for my line of business.So I tend to pull on their leg,cracking the worst jokes or whatever, anything to get them puffing out of the way!

Many have complained about my overly protective conduct,but I can't have it any differently.

I swore I'd make those ends meet,no matter the means.Heck, it's my whole point in this crazy realm.

That one was a sneaky fellow, but I read him just in time.So I challenged the kid with a riddle,while feigning carefree when in fact I was sweating buckets.

"Riddle me this."I challenged, smirk well hidden behind my lychee flavoured ice shaved cone.

He took less than two seconds to tear his eyes off my end and nod his head towards me.

"What can travel around the world and stays in one place?"

"A stamp."came the chirping answer. "Come one, you gotta give me something better than this." he clicks his tongue rather bored, his arms crossing over his chest, diva-like.His purple hair wasn't helping his image much , either .

"I just did. You got it all wrong." I smiled, at the melting treat, while carefully making my way out the hospital ward.

"No way! You're bluffin'.What else could it be?!" he turned to sulking, like the young guardian he stands for.And he followed me like a starved puppy.

I love messing with the fresh floaters( aka, guardian angels), but can you blame me?

After all that time spent linking two defects,I kinda have my weak moments.

"The answer is me."I gave in,slurping the last drop of juice.

They always got it wrong.

"Uhmmm, I don't think so...?"he eyed me doubtfully."You're a red string."he pointed out.

"Duhhh!" I blabbered,flicking his forehead."I'm always wrapped around those ends, no matter where they go."

I gotta admit, it's kinda like:they have such nice pinkies.Who wouldn't love to stay on that?

Well, back to our telling....I got his mind off my protegees.He just fled up and away, annoyed at my attitude.

Unfortunately,it left me shivering with freight, because I knew his presence was a serious matter.

My end was still not responding well to the treatments and we were risking losing more than just his life.

I was too distracted to notice the chills running down my back.

How did it come to this?

"There's too early to say, but he'll most probably lose the majority of memories.The lump in his brain had been lodged close to that certain area, not to have left permanent damage."the doctor's words speared inside the ward.

What??No!

He can't...not my nerdy Sunggyu.

"Would it have changed anything if we'd got here sooner?"

His barely whispered question made me sniff.My cheesy Woohyun is blaming it all on him, silent tears escaping his tired eyes.

I only saw him cry once; that , too was because of Sunggyu during their second meeting.Woohyun didn't know, but if not for Sunggyu stealing those quizz sheets from him, he would've been wrongfully blamed and lost his scholarship on the spot.So he only got off with a slight warning,whilst Sunggyu took a beating of a lifetime from the bullies that were targetting Woohyun and a public reprimanding from their teachers( basically socially killed, for the nerd he stood for).

"He's actually still breathing because of your fast reaction."the doctor pats his shoulder.

It was craddled in a blue sling,after having it dislocated it once again during the accident.

Last time it happened ,it had been pink.I giggled,remembering the mocking he got from his foosball teamates.

He wanted to dodge the ball from hitting their team's mascot and ended up falling on his shoulder; it was the first time he called me Bowie, pouting at his rushed action.He'd  mopped all the remaining 20 minutes ing about how he'd wasted his knightly act on some random stuffed fox( the logo of their team), when he should've rescued his soulmate from a serious enjury; and did I let him ??

Hello? Who do you think was impersonating that fox?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter