Lies-Prologue

Short, Sad and Twisted Drabbles

Author's Note:

Something short related to some things that have happened in my life as of late.

No particular characters here.

PS, don't expect Christmas or New Year drabbles here, thanks.

 

Warning: blood, angst, thriller, some light gore and twisted stuff   gore and super duper twisted stuff, character deaths and cannibalism

 


 

Everything good must come to an end. But why did everything have to end so terribly?

 

Things that were pure, white, as clean as the first snow of every winter was tainted with dark grime that melted the snow, turning it into mushy black slime.

Splatters and lines of red followed the woman as she dragged a man by the collar with much difficulty, sighing and shaking her head from time to time.

The red that trailed behind her grew darker and darker the further she walked on with the man in tow.

 

Their clique used to be so close-knitted, so bonded that there weren't any secrets left to expose, so when had this ever managed to have happened? Even she hadn't an answer to that.

 

Days of memories that used to be golden, beautiful, now became foreshadowings of a dark present no one would ever want to come back to reminisce, lest remember in the future.

They were so naive, so foolish, to think that greed and pride wouldn't separate them, when all the other cliques around theirs had; it was just a matter of time, but they hadn't known it then.

 

 

When the realisation had set in, it was already too late. Hair-pulling and the screaming of obscenities at one another had already begun as fists were thrown about messily. All that was to be left was a mess that only she could clean up, because she wasn't entirely human from the start.

 

 


 

 

It had all started five years ago, when all of them were younger, more foolish and much more chirpy than now. They had unknowingly shared a similar interest, often ending up bumping into one another throughout the first week of high school.

They had befriended one another, not questioning the coincidences that didn't seem like just plain coincidences, unknowing that Fate had other plans in store for them.

They spent every moment they could manage together, marching under the sun like utter idiots, the other students from other cliques would call them. Even so, they had held their instruments high, proud that they were who they were.

Every step they took were those of confidence, pride and mindfulness. They practiced like their lives depended on it, always wanting to be the best, and that was how they had always managed to bring back a golden trophy every single competition, bringing honour to them and hushing those who snickered and ridiculed them. But that was soon to be no more.

Come two years ago, their unity had already faded away by half, along with their sanity. They slowly drove each other crazy, loosening and tightening practice schedules as they pleased.

They respected not each others' opinions nor each others' abilities, and that was the beginning of how their clique had died away with their seniors' as well.

With how those before them played with their feelings, they lost whatever mental stability they had, turning against each other; each competition seemed to be worse than the last. Their abilities seemed to drop with their unity, rendering them useless.

And when there was no one left to blame, they made up stories to yell at those who weren't as skilled, causing more disruption.

 

One day when there was no more stories to make, the terror began.

With one shrill scream that broke the quiet dawn and caused shivers down everyone's spines and the hairs on everyone's bodies to stand, it began.

It was gruesome. The younger ones who didn't want to have anything to do with all this madness tried to run away, but they were dragged by their hair, which was ripped apart bundles by bundles until blood began to spill from their thin scalps.

Even when their hands were full with the younger ones' blood, they hadn't stopped.

They yelled like they had truly gone insane, blaming them for not having worked hard enough, and saying that they deserved this.

Their nails that had become inches long and sharp as blades pierced into their juniors' scalps, pulling chunks of their brain and skin out at a time.

And a tentative, experimental by one of the elder seniors out of curiousity because of how he had enjoyed the taste of the iron against his tongue when it splurted right into his mouth had begun the feast for human flesh.

Skin and organs were strewn apart all across the school field. The stench of blood and death was so strong that any passers-by would faint without having a chance to witness the monstrosity; the barbarity. But perhaps it was for the best, for such a sight would leave one scarred for all their life.

 

She stood in the midst of it all, trying to pull the seniors predators away from the juniors prey. However, her efforts were to no avail. It was a ratio of nine to one. When she had stopped one, at least four more were already back at it.

After an hour of madness that would be the longest hour that she would ever know to exist in her life, she thought it was over.

Oh, how wrong she was.

 

They had turned against each other instead, circling her in the middle.

 

 


 

Author's Note:

I'm thinking of doing another after the next one. What do you all think?